Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging in Lexington, MA again. When I got there the parking lot was sparkling clean...except for every EV charging space, which looked neglected and seriously covered with leaves (see the leaves on the ground in my previous post and then multiply that by 10). So I got out the broom I keep in the hidden trunk compartment (fits perfectly) and swept all the stalls till they looked super nice. Didn't actually think to take a before and after photo but while testing out the camera I did get an angle of the spots by chance.

My good deed for the day~

5vPm4NP.jpg

I'm thinking white with with piano black and textile, too. Do you have any good interior shots of dash, doors and ceiling and where they meet? Thanks. '

Picked up my S85 this past Saturday in Austin. Within the first 24 hours, I charged from a gallery HPWC (Austin gallery), a supercharger (Waco), a 50 amp plug at an RV park (Abilene), and my 30 amp dryer plug. Today got 10 minutes on my 110 outlet just to complete the cycle. I feel like I should get a merit badge or something, no? :)

2014-09-28 19.05.25.jpg

I'm thinking white with with piano black and textile, too. Do you have any good interior shots of dash, doors and ceiling and where they meet? Thanks. '

Good choice! ;) I will take some pictures maybe later today and then edit this post to include a link to an imgur album so as not to derail the thread lol.

SoTX_WestTX said:
Within the first 24 hours, I charged from a gallery HPWC (Austin gallery), a supercharger (Waco), a 50 amp plug at an RV park (Abilene), and my 30 amp dryer plug. Today got 10 minutes on my 110 outlet just to complete the cycle. I feel like I should get a merit badge or something, no?

No joke, I wish there were like unlockable achievements that the car alerted you to, kinda like a PS3 game hahaha.

Picked up my S85 this past Saturday in Austin. Within the first 24 hours, I charged from a gallery HPWC (Austin gallery), a supercharger (Waco), a 50 amp plug at an RV park (Abilene), and my 30 amp dryer plug. Today got 10 minutes on my 110 outlet just to complete the cycle. I feel like I should get a merit badge or something, no? :)

View attachment 60316

Congratulations on getting your new Model S!

Hope you will soon upgrade from the 30A dryer outlet @ your home to a 240V NEMA 14-50 outlet.
Charging at home will then be a viable "wake up with your car's battery as full as you want it to be."

<<<Using the 110 V to charge must have been just because you could, because it certainly is kinda slooowww charging.>>>

Just did an 120km trip to try the SC network on a sunday night in Cornwall, ON, Canada :) They should put the actual charger location on the MAP and not just the location address. I found it when I saw the wood box, I knew the SC was next to it, and of course it was. I sure hope no one install an SC next to my house, they are noisy. I was expecting it to be much closer to the highway, but I guess that the spot they found.
IMG_20141005_234336.jpg
IMG_20141005_234126.jpg

I have more pix of my car charging than I care to admit...

First one was in Chelan, Wa at a Plug-In Central Wa fund raiser event. Must have had a dozen S's charging at the RV park in shifts. 6/13. Now there are 3 HaL2's in town! Thanks, Jack A!

Second photo is at the library in Sicamous, B.C. 6/14.

Chelan.JPG
Sicamous.JPG

Last edited:
Charging in Lexington, MA again. When I got there the parking lot was sparkling clean...except for every EV charging space, which looked neglected and seriously covered with leaves (see the leaves on the ground in my previous post and then multiply that by 10). So I got out the broom I keep in the hidden trunk compartment (fits perfectly) and swept all the stalls till they looked super nice. Didn't actually think to take a before and after photo but while testing out the camera I did get an angle of the spots by chance.

My good deed for the day~

I am at this charger quite often but never while there was another Tesla! Perhaps I'll see you here soon. And I agree, it's been rather dirty lately, especially with all the leaves this week. Awesome job on the sweep! :biggrin:.

I was here in my ICE a few days ago and saw two Teslas charging! Both were out of state.

image1.JPG

Went Iowa Pheasant hunting this past weekend. My relatives just have some fields and grain bins, no house to destination charge at. So my brother and I camped and charged at the grain bins. Good times. Started charging in the morning on the 110 16amp outlet available. Then later, I riged up a 40amp 240volt connection where there was a grain dryer being installed (wiring and breaker installed but not the dryer yet). Going back in a couple of weeks to install an outdoor NEMA 14-50.
Iowa_IMG_1315.jpg

Iowa_IMG_1326.jpg

Glad the cord worked there. I got a prime spot in my friend's garage, plugged into 110. They swear they'll have a better option next visit, although I haven't moved my car since I got here Sunday. I'm heading home tomorrow, see you when you get back!

Marietta Service Center. This was my substitute for the upcoming Atlanta Supercharger. No dual chargers but a 45 minute charge was more than enough. Here's the two grey wheels (19s vs 21s) next to one another. Congrats to whoever is receiving VIN 55545. Very sharp looking car. Enjoy your autopilot. :wink:
IMG_3213.JPG
Charging on a temporary 14-50 at my destination. Somerset Ky.
IMG_3265.JPG
IMG_3256.JPG

Last edited: