Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This 19 vs 20 is doing my head in . Like picking favourite child of my 3!

Do I go 19 and buy Rimitrex.
Or swap order back to 20s (originally ordered 20 then switched to 19).
Live in Northern Irleland and do 20k miles a year.
The 20’s are a thing of beauty tbh (not quite as beautiful as the EQC premium wheels, but not far off)….I know what I’d be doing, but then I got told off a while ago for giving my opinion so I’ll keep quiet 😂

Reactions: roadcred
MSM seems to be very unpopular on these forums for new MY. Don’t even seem to see many in the background on people’e Southampton pics. White, Blue and Black seem way more popular. Anyone that was at the Southampton event able to comment is they saw many? Waiting for a MSM, black interior, 20” myself so would love to hear from anyone that has or saw one of those specs at the event.

MSM seems to be very unpopular on these forums for new MY. Don’t even seem to see many in the background on people’e Southampton pics. White, Blue and Black seem way more popular. Anyone that was at the Southampton event able to comment is they saw many? Waiting for a MSM, black interior, 20” myself so would love to hear from anyone that has or saw one of those specs at the event.
White blue and black by far the most common and the majority seemingly with black interior.

This 19 vs 20 is doing my head in . Like picking favourite child of my 3!

Do I go 19 and buy Rimitrex.
Or swap order back to 20s (originally ordered 20 then switched to 19).
Live in Northern Irleland and do 20k miles a year.
I cant help but notice you keep questioning this. It will eat you inside out every time you see one with the inductions.

I also had the same thought as you (have since changed to inductions) and here is the thing. The rimetrix as good as they look are no match to the inductions and personally I rather spend 2k on the wheels other than imho ridiculous amount of £300+ on caps.

I cant help but notice you keep questioning this. It will eat you inside out every time you see one with the inductions.

I also had the same thought as you (have since changed to inductions) and here is the thing. The rimetrix as good as they look are no match to the inductions and personally I rather spend 2k on the wheels other than imho ridiculous amount of £300+ on caps.
I agree. I’ve noticed you’ve been asking this question everyday over the last week.. get the 20’s. Or don’t! You’ll still be able to enjoy them when you see another MY go by with them on 😉

Same. With Tusker. Any ideas how to get it connected? I have an existing account with M3. Tusker (the lease company) say Tesla have the details.
I rebooted the car (hold down both scroll wheels on steering wheel) and it connected when it restarted. I don’t think you ever see the car in the web account but the app works fine now and my premium connectivity and eap has been added

My appointment was at 10am but arrived at 9.00am (I did a one way car rental from the East Midlands and it way quicker than I anticipated). At the first check-in downstairs they said I could do the 9.30am but when I went upstairs to so the second check-in (signing for the car), the sticker they gave me was for 10.00am (doh!)

When they called the 10am, you go downstairs into a basement area with lots of Telsas on display. I had to wait a painful 10 minutes in the area (music, flashing LED lights etc) then you go into the presentation area, were they push their 'mission statements' (I just wanted the car!!!) 10 minutes later (felt like 30!), they announced 10 at a time could go through to the next section and get their cars so you saw 50+ people then dashing to form a que!

It was now 10.30am. The next section is people with laptops doing some final checks then you are send outside were there is a bunch of guys rifling through a cardboard box with lots of key envelopes in no order whatsoever (you couldn't make it up, it was chaos!) If you want to skip the marketing tour, then you can't. It's like having to doing the room set route at Ikea to get to the tills!

Got in my car (90% charged!!!! - I was going back to the East Midlands so that was an utter stroke!) I'd say I drove away at 11.00am. Hope that helps.s