Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post your day one Model Y and Model 3 UK pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 497DFF75-0A27-408D-A56F-9DAC4A75A0D5.jpeg
    497DFF75-0A27-408D-A56F-9DAC4A75A0D5.jpeg
    464.8 KB · Views: 139
Can you still recline the rear seats with the parcel shelf in place?
Certainly. No infringement to the recline of the seat at all but also the seat backs don't touch the bar. My concern before buying was to do with noise (I didn't want it rattling) but the build standard and material quality is just as good as those I've had with various Audi's and BMW's parcel shelves I've had. I'm picky so if it wasn't up to standard I'd just be just not using it and putting it down to a bad purchase as I want nothing that's going to be detrimental to my lovely new Y 😀 The only negative is that you have to use it in the way described in the video otherwise it will potentially lightly scratch the side walls off the boot but do it correctly a few times and then it becomes an ingrained habit.

Reactions: Stuart1979
Visiting my in-laws and my father-in-law's Gemini wheeled twin Model Y. It's his first EV/Tesla! We both got ours on the same day in Southampton. Apparently he's told my MILK that he's in love with the car and wouldn't go back to ICE if you paid him. he even refuses to drive my mother--in-law's Mini haha

View attachment 773984
Beautiful!! You’re (and in-laws) are probably the best people to give us opinions about the Gemini vs Inductions since you have access to both variants. Let’s know your thoughts please when you’ve had time to access.

I’m picking mine up on the 9th In bluewater (white/black/Gemini)

What range does the new MY show? When I set mine to a 100% charge it says 517km and not the 533 the website states so Was wondering if that Was the same for all new deliveries?
Yes - the figures the car displays are based on its EPA rating, not the WLTP standard that is used in Europe and displayed on the European pages of the website.

It's a good thing, it is more realistic (but still optimistic).

Yes - the figures the car displays are based on its EPA rating, not the WLTP standard that is used in Europe and displayed on the European pages of the website.

It's a good thing, it is more realistic (but still optimistic).
Nice to know. (And in the energy app it gives me 545 estimated range with current driving so I am currently happy about that - so far Sentry has almost beeen the new 1 energy consumer)

So what colour of Y looks nicest ?? In Belfast they only had white / silver waiting to go to customers when I pooped in to Tesla (I have white in order with 19s but may change my order) . There is still something about the Y that is a little bit hard to describe but it just doesn’t quite look as nice as the 3? Thoughts ??

So what colour of Y looks nicest ?? In Belfast they only had white / silver waiting to go to customers when I pooped in to Tesla (I have white in order with 19s but may change my order) . There is still something about the Y that is a little bit hard to describe but it just doesn’t quite look as nice as the 3? Thoughts ??
Im partial to the red
IMG-20220222-WA0005.jpg

I like the look of the Y more personally. It's a little more imposing. I had a look at the cars in Bluewater over the weekend.. Personally, white with black wheels & black with black wheels looked the best. I've got MSM on order which the wife chose because she thought black was too flashy. Blue looks nice too, I just prefer monochromatic cars, I couldn't see any red ones. The black 20" wheels make a big difference to the appearance of all the colours.