Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Powerwall 2 Installs in Hawaii

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Currently on the phone with Tesla, apparently my inverter is broken and needs to be replaced.

WTF man, if it worked during commissioning, then what the heck happened between then and now? I’m not sure I’d trust them for anything right now. The green light on the inverter, is it solid, blinking, or off? If you’ve downloaded the SolarEdge SetApp and set up an account, you can find out for yourself if it’s working or not. I’d be happy to stop by tomorrow and help figure this out. Sorry man, this has got to be extremely frustrating.

Currently on the phone with Tesla, apparently my inverter is broken and needs to be replaced.

I hope you'll have better luck than I did. When my inverter failed this past June, it took them 2 months to show up only to find out that the inverter they were supposed to replace was never ordered. The local repair team had to order the inverter directly from SolarEdge. The mainland customer service team is pretty useless.

Hour into troubleshooting and it's still broken

Attachments

• 20201021_092147.jpg
    20201021_092147.jpg
    582.4 KB · Views: 70
I hope you'll have better luck than I did. When my inverter failed this past June, it took them 2 months to show up only to find out that the inverter they were supposed to replace was never ordered. The local repair team had to order the inverter directly from SolarEdge. The mainland customer service team is pretty useless.

The tech is currently on hold with Solaredge support. Hopefully they can fix this today.

Congrats! I would try to get an install day before the new year. The tax credit drops from 26% to 22% on 1/1. I would call Tesla to see what they can do. (I called and got them to move it up by about a month.) As long as the installation starts in 2020, you're eligible for the 26%.

The "construction starts" safe harbor applies only to commercial systems that are eligible for the Investment Tax Credit under section 48 of the Tax Code. Rooftop solar on a home is eligible only for the Residential Energy Credit under section 25D and that stipulates the system must have been "placed in service" during the taxable year.

While there is an IRS Letter that goes into detail about the definition of "beginning of construction" it is in reference only to section 48. Furthermore, the IRS includes a note in the instructions for the form to claim the Residential Energy Credit that guidance for section 48 (including that notice) is inapplicable.

So, to get the 26% credit for the 2020 tax year you better have the system up and running before the end of year.