Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PowerWall and "The Missing Piece..." Event

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@elonmusk: @Zedd Beyond insane. Accel g>1.1 means car is literally faster than falling. Maybe good warm up act for April 30 event.
Elon Musk on Twitter:

I really can't link a fixed home battery with "Accel g>1.1" or "faster than falling", sorry.
It´s got to be moving and faster than the P85D so no truck either.
What else than a motorbike can accel faster than a car ?

E.

@elonmusk: @Zedd Beyond insane. Accel g>1.1 means car is literally faster than falling. Maybe good warm up act for April 30 event.
Elon Musk on Twitter:

I really can't link a fixed home battery with "Accel g>1.1" or "faster than falling", sorry.
It´s got to be moving and faster than the P85D so no truck either.
What else than a motorbike can accel faster than a car ?

E.

Maybe faster charge speeds at home to go with it? I dunno, just guessing like everyone else.

Re charging from the battery storage: J.B. Straubel gave a presentation showing a home battery unit with 5 kW / 10 kWh. Assuming these can be ganged, you'd need eight of them to charge a Model S, and even then you'd only get a 40 kW rate. Sure, that's better than 20 kW off an HPWC (+ dual chargers onboard), but it doesn't seem like a great use.

Re charging from the battery storage: J.B. Straubel gave a presentation showing a home battery unit with 5 kW / 10 kWh. Assuming these can be ganged, you'd need eight of them to charge a Model S, and even then you'd only get a 40 kW rate. Sure, that's better than 20 kW off an HPWC (+ dual chargers onboard), but it doesn't seem like a great use.
JB's numbers might be conservative.

If you have 8 x 10kWh of the same chemistry as Model S, couldn't you easily transfer energy at 90 kW rate?

There is no way this thread will beat the 131 pages of the Anxiety tread. :rolleyes: I bet my life on it. We already know its about home battery. No need for speculation.

Don't be so sure...

If Elon tweets something else that's simple but ambiguous e.g. "Will work even better if you have a Model S" - you'll see hundreds of pages of speculation again.

Is that a challenge?

Someone, post some seeming mule shots of whatever this new product could be, and we'll give this a try. :)

Found it!

hotelslicer1.jpg

Strange, because I kinda thought this was done already... :cool: