Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF on glass roof?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My windscreen is taking a beating on the highways from all the rocks and studs flying from passing cars and I'm starting to worry about my glass roof. Sure it isn't as vulnerable as the windscreen but a well placed loose rock might hit it and start a crack.

As the glass roof isn't covered by the glass insurance part of my car insurance, I'm wondering can one PPF wrap the glass roof fully or just the front? Is there any downside to it?

This is what you want instead of or in addition to PPF: C-Bond NanoShield | Cbond

I would put it on mine, but I already applied 2 ceramic layers to all the glass, and the product needs to be able to bond directly to the glass surface. But it is going on my replacement windshield as soon as I get the car back.

For a windshield, it should be $99, but a glass roof may be 2X that because one bottle may not cover it. I don't see dealers outside the US, so you may need to contact directly if interested, or find an alternative if one exists.