Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Prediction Thread - "You Called It"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Model 3 will win Motor Trend's, DJ Powers, and Consumer Reports best rated car in 2018.

Tesla Model S will be the most reliable car in its class according to Consumer Reports by 2017.

Tesla stock price will be exactly $417.82 on December 31st 2016 market close.

• Funny
Reactions: DriverOne
I would like to suggest another entry to the list. Maybe this prediction does not follow all the set rules, but so that we never forget this lost bet now that B.S. made himself relevant to the TSLA SP action last week.

December 10, 2014 By Bertel Schmitt :
" If that Autopilot changes lanes automatically at the touch of a blinker stalk by, say, one year from now, in a series Model D, I will publicly eat a Tesla baseball hat on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube. How about it, Elon?"

Source :
Tesla’s game-changing, lane-changing Autopilot? “Currently, there is no radar on the market that can achieve that,” Toyota engineer says - DailyKanban

Background:
Autopilot a fraud? The linked author bets Elon he'll eat a hat if it changes lanes!

Last edited:
By the end of 2016, Tesla will introduce a new autopilot hardware suite and - more importantly - a new instrument panel for the Model S and X.

This will allow Tesla to:
  • test the new autopilot (passively) and the 'HUD cockpit' concept on a small fleet of cars, a year before the mass production of the 3
  • streamline the deployment of technologies to all models of the Tesla fleet
  • keep the promise of offering the latest tech to high-end cars, before affordable ones
This will show that the car maker doesn't wait for yearly cycles. Remember:

The company makes 20 or more running changes to its cars every month. The car that rolls off the assembly line today is the best Model S ever built. If you wait for it to get better, you will simply miss out on owning one of the most innovative electric cars ever produced.

With continuous deliveries, Tesla will try to make all its models 'state-of-the-art icons'. People might give name to each release (like for the S front update) but Tesla will just call them 'the new S / 3 / X'.

By August 2017 Tesla Incorporates all necessary sensors and hardware for full L4 Autonomy on all models.

2018 Tesla deploys fully autonomous fleet of ModelX operated by a Fleet Management System, accessed through a mobile App.

• Fleet operates 24/7 recharging at snake chargers distributed around it's operating area. Snake chargers are also open to Tesla owners on fee per charge basis.
  • Rates are comparable to Uber SUV/Black
  • Unlike Uber's "surge pricing" the rates are a ceiling not a minimum. The Tesla App offers a range of discount fares in off peak periods making it very affordable for many hours a day.
  • Tesla saturates chosen markets so any app user can expect a vehicle to arrive within minutes.

My hat goes off to you for the Bull mockery. With all the Bulls going merger-Bears this is your logical move.

I simply listen closely to the true insiders. Elon repeated the same goal in his merger call:

Elon Musk sees Tesla (TSLA) becoming a trillion dollar market cap company with the SolarCity (SCTY) merger

Why do people argue over a few billion when Tesla is soon worth a trillion dollars? Elon knows all the inner workings.

Some short-term bean counters just don't get the grand vision.

My prediction is simple and conservative based on his unique insider knowledge at both companies:

Tesla will be worth more than a trillion $ before or by Jan 1, 2025. No brainer.

(If you don't find the sarcasm you can read my signature)

Last edited:
Reactions: bonaire
I will predict double digits, (below $100 USD) before the Model 3 release.

I predict 400,000 Reservation Thank You Letters received before Model 3 release.
image.jpeg

Q2 earnings:

Revenue: $1.61 billion (non-GAAP)
EPS: -$0.63 per share (non-GAAP)
Automotive Gross Margin: 20.8% (non-GAAP)
Free Cash Flow of $-198.5 million
Very large increase (and overall positive) cash flow from core operations, assuming ABL was deployed to borrow against the 5150 cars in transit.
CapEx: $458.1 million

Disclaimer: These are guesses based on a totally amateur model, please don't make an investment decision based on these numbers!