Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity Package and Order Date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, orders after July 1st with premium package get a free year, then a $100 per year for navigation traffic maps and music streaming.
Agreed. I was probably being a little rhetorical here - mostly I’m worried about the AWD ordering pickle this puts us in. I stood in line on March 31 and am hoping I won’t have to pay more (for connectivity) because I want to pay more (for AWD).

I understand the sentiment, we all want free stuff - but I would be more stressed about the yearly increase in insurance premium. :D

This along with free supercharging is not a HUGE financial benefit but is a demand lever to squeeze in more sales before an x date.

Reactions: croman
Mines on order right now and I expect to complete the payment this Tuesday. Delivery will be in July however. Am I correct in interpreting this to mean I will have the premium version included for life? Or do they go by delivery date?

Mines on order right now and I expect to complete the payment this Tuesday. Delivery will be in July however. Am I correct in interpreting this to mean I will have the premium version included for life? Or do they go by delivery date?
They said ordered, not delivered. Seems clear to me. What’s open to interpretation?

An order means you’ve paid the final deposit of $2500 or whatever for that model.

pretty lame move.

Removing the alcantara headliner then pushing back my delivery estimate, and now because of the outside back I will have to pay extra to stream music get updates and user maps and internet....

This car just gets worse as time goes on. No sirius or xm music option, then jacking up the price to use their alternative? How much extra is the roadside assistance per year that I will also have to pay for due to having no spare tire option? what if i don't want to drain the battery in my phone or pay overages to stream music? Guess I'm out of luck...

Thinking about cancelling my order due to principal. Lots of new electric cars will be coming out soon from other manufacturers...

It's one thing to change expectations for new customers (still sucks but acceptable), but to hose people who have been waiting so long who can not order now due to no fault of their own is another thing altogether.

Basically it's another announcement to preorder customers that they are going to be downgrading their model 3s, but oh, hey, thanks for the free loan and believing in us...

And don't bother trying to explain to me that $100 per year fee shouldn't make or brake the deal for someone buying 65k car. I get taxed enough on everything else in CA, that I won't be buying this now extra option one way or another.

It's essential the same as $1000 to $1500 price increase for the same car we all pre-ordered and thought we were getting.

pretty lame move.

Removing the alcantara headliner then pushing back my delivery estimate, and now because of the outside back I will have to pay extra to stream music get updates and user maps and internet....

This car just gets worse as time goes on. No sirius or xm music option, then jacking up the price to use their alternative? How much extra is the roadside assistance per year that I will also have to pay for due to having no spare tire option? what if i don't want to drain the battery in my phone or pay overages to stream music? Guess I'm out of luck...

Thinking about cancelling my order due to principal. Lots of new electric cars will be coming out soon from other manufacturers...

It's one thing to change expectations for new customers (still sucks but acceptable), but to hose people who have been waiting so long who can not order now due to no fault of their own is another thing altogether.

Basically it's another announcement to preorder customers that they are going to be downgrading their model 3s, but oh, hey, thanks for the free loan and believing in us...

And don't bother trying to explain to me that $100 per year fee shouldn't make or brake the deal for someone buying 65k car. I get taxed enough on everything else in CA, that I won't be buying this now extra option one way or another.

It's essential the same as $1000 to $1500 price increase for the same car we all pre-ordered and thought we were getting.

I think it would be lame if Model 3 reservationists were excluded as they have no way to make the deadline.

However it’s not the same as increasing the car price by 1000 or 1500. You are saying you are prepaying for over a decade of connectivity which is not the case. That’s an amount that needs to be amortized over the duration of ownership.

It’s a bad PR move but you are literally crying over what amounts to 27 cents per day revenue to a company they burns 9000 dollars per minute.

Don't be silly, no one here is literally crying.

I am quite disappointed though. I stood in line, and I've been sitting on my invite since March waiting for white interior to be available, and this essentially means It'll cost me another thousand or more dollars, for the privilege of having to wait for them to start making the version I want. The AWD is still not available to me yet, either.

It sounds like reservations deposits are not orders and he's talking about orders. I might be wrong.
Yes, I know. I said reservations should be counted since all the people waiting to order a 3 will now have to pay extra through no fault of their own. They would have ordered before July 1 if they could have (in most cases).

Reactions: m3snowy and JeffK