Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pretty stoked about this powered frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I opened both boxes and all my parts look brand new. Very nicely packaged.

TO also threw in a set of grey sport pedal covers. They are actually a bit blue/grey in person, and I think they’ll look great in my MSM/Black MY.

I’ll be installing on Friday or Saturday. Looking forward to finishing haha!!

E2BAC8EB-20C1-4ED2-97B8-166084F2AC0C.jpeg

Good luck with the installs y'all! A word of advice. Wear a long sleeve shirt. Your right-forearm will thank you. Navigating in and out of the tight space on the driver-side to remove that ball-joint screw is prone to getting abrasions perhaps even lacerations on your forearm.

Good luck with the installs y'all! A word of advice. Wear a long sleeve shirt. Your right-forearm will thank you. Navigating in and out of the tight space on the driver-side to remove that ball-joint screw is prone to getting abrasions perhaps even lacerations on your forearm.
I second that. Right side is not much better either.

Fedex delivered my package of Han's version this afternoon and I finished installing it after dinner. Longest time it took was for cleaning up wiring. Definitely easier than installing the trunk kick sensor. I found a silver oil-based sharpie in the tool box and it was very easy marking the outline of the latch mechanism. everything went back into place with no problem.

My question/problem is that when i pull the emergency release, nothing happens. i can't find any videos on how the emergency release works...

I see several mentioning the kick sensor. I also looked into this however I opted for the stats app which basically lets me use my Apple watch and say "hey siri" open frunk or trunk or whatever else I want the car to do. Has worked flawlessly since I have been using it. There is a lag of up to 10 seconds depending if the car is asleep or not. No installation, no monthly fees but the app is expensive in comparison. https://www.maadotaa.com/

Last edited:
I see several mentioning the kick sensor. I also looked into this however I opted for the stats app which basically lets me use my Apple watch and say "hey siri" open frunk or trunk or whatever else I want the car to do. Has worked flawlessly since I have been using it. There is a lag of up to 10 seconds depending if the car is asleep or not. No installation and tons of other info on the app.
I have the stats app too and also “watch for Tesla” on the watch. The kick sensor definitely works much better and more responsive. It’s about $80 shipped. value wise is one of the best thing to install.

Reactions: N1L CO2
For the TO folks, I just got an email with updated firmware (along with flashing instructions) for the MK4.

Nice to see they are pushing updates vs. having to discover them on my own.

I’ve got two kits to install this weekend. Like always, the second one will go a lot faster than the first, haha!!

For the TO folks, I just got an email with updated firmware (along with flashing instructions) for the MK4.

Nice to see they are pushing updates vs. having to discover them on my own.

I’ve got two kits to install this weekend. Like always, the second one will go a lot faster than the first, haha!!

How do you update it? Can the Hansshow version also be updated, if they provide one?

Fedex delivered my package of Han's version this afternoon and I finished installing it after dinner. Longest time it took was for cleaning up wiring. Definitely easier than installing the trunk kick sensor. I found a silver oil-based sharpie in the tool box and it was very easy marking the outline of the latch mechanism. everything went back into place with no problem.

My question/problem is that when i pull the emergency release, nothing happens. i can't find any videos on how the emergency release works...
Same here. Nothing happens with the emergency cord. I guess we'll have to ping Hansshow and see what they say.