Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production delay

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure what the case for the delay. However, when I received the email alerting to the 3rd row latch problem, my X was already built. My notification email stated that my X was not affected by the recall. It was finished production the first few days of April and arrived here on the April 12th. So it seems they have parts to build some with the modified seats. I guess its possible that Tesla had a limited number of seats/latches and used them to finish some X's. With 8000 parts coming in from vendors, anyone's guess.

My X was scheduled to enter production this week. After contacting my DS I found out it will not enter production for a "couple of weeks". Apparently the seat recall has either stopped or dramatically slowed the assembly line.
Mine should also enter production this week. But as I checked on late Friday afternoon, it is not in production yet. No time frame was given. Fingers crossed!

Mine should also enter production this week. But as I checked on late Friday afternoon, it is not in production yet. No time frame was given. Fingers crossed!

How did you "check" whether your X was in production? Over the past few weeks I spoke with several Tesla employees regarding my production status and I routinely received conflicting information whether my X had not started production, was in production, or completed production. Each time it felt like the employee was looking into a crystal ball to tell me the status of my vehicle.

How did you "check" whether your X was in production? Over the past few weeks I spoke with several Tesla employees regarding my production status and I routinely received conflicting information whether my X had not started production, was in production, or completed production. Each time it felt like the employee was looking into a crystal ball to tell me the status of my vehicle.
I called in my Costa Mesa DS Emily last week before her week off iand she informed me that it was "suppose" to happen last week. Today, 4/18/2015, after I read your message, I called Costa Mesa service center 5 times (no one pick up), 1888 delivery number (no one pick up), then the 1888 sales number. Ryan from sales told me that I am still good for April-early May window. He cannot confirm on production. But when asked, he told me that recall should not have effect on my X production. I asked "can you confirm", he said "yes". But, again, he is from the sales. I said this many times, Tesla release very little information on everything. And, it is a shame that people have to find out information this way.

I called in my Costa Mesa DS Emily last week before her week off iand she informed me that it was "suppose" to happen last week. Today, 4/18/2015, after I read your message, I called Costa Mesa service center 5 times (no one pick up), 1888 delivery number (no one pick up), then the 1888 sales number. Ryan from sales told me that I am still good for April-early May window. He cannot confirm on production. But when asked, he told me that recall should not have effect on my X production. I asked "can you confirm", he said "yes". But, again, he is from the sales. I said this many times, Tesla release very little information on everything. And, it is a shame that people have to find out information this way.

Yea, I also have Emily. Got zero communication from her. I contact Tesla HQ instead who confirmed my order is on track (hopefully).

It's in my signature....35xx

I wonder if my VIN 57xx delivery will actually happen in April

Yea, I also have Emily. Got zero communication from her. I contact Tesla HQ instead who confirmed my order is on track (hopefully).

I wonder if my VIN 57xx delivery will actually happen in April

You're in SoCal so better shot. However, the start of my production was pushed back 3 weeks (to-date) so I wouldn't be bullish on delivery. The delay has impacted my travel plans but since this is an "extra" vehicle (present lease has 10 months to go), what I'd prefer is a near zero defect vehicle that doesn't require frequent SC visits (2 hr. highway drive to my nearest SC).

Just received word that VIN 42XX (6-seat 90 premium) will slide 4-6 weeks from late-April/May to June delivery at the earliest. According to DS, "In recent days there has been a production shift that has affected your Model X and many other like it." This probably affects production of the every Model X with 4 wheels.
Can one interpret that as shift to produce 75Ds ?? :D

Just received word that VIN 42XX (6-seat 90 premium) will slide 4-6 weeks from late-April/May to June delivery at the earliest. According to DS, "In recent days there has been a production shift that has affected your Model X and many other like it." This probably affects production of the every Model X with 4 wheels.

Did they tell you it had started production previously? I was told mine went into production a couple of weeks ago, and it should be done "soon." I'm hoping they aren't lying to me.... :mad: