Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think they have not been able to ramp up past 15/wk nearly as fast as they had hoped. Based on some comments at the Town Hall meeting, I would suspect it has to do with making sure they have all the parts they need at the quality they need it on time. Tricky business.

That will bring production up to about 1000 per year. I thought they were already at 20 and were going higher this month ?!?!?!?!? What have they been at ?

There is a 4 week delay between England and California.
They can start producing 20 per week in England, but that rate of production doesn't reach California until 4 to 6 weeks later.

Their stated plan was 20 per week in February. So that is about on target.

They are going to 30 per week in April/May.

From the Tesla March09 newsletter:
Tesla Motors delivered its 250th car last Saturday. Lucky No. 250 was Dr. Rob Wilder, an academic and entrepreneur who created the first Index on Wall Street for energy efficiency and zero-carbon solutions. Rob lives in Encinitas, Calif., where he charges his Roadster from his home's array of solar panels. He picked "very orange" as the exterior color to symbolize the car's connection with the sun.
3366177427_d9c775b405_o.jpg

Rob Wilder blogs:
Tesla Motors - Customers
Tesla Motors - Customers

Shouldn't we add Think! I've also made some corrections to the numbers.

Vector: 35 cars
Tucker: 51 cars (1948 Tucker Sedan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
Tesla: 250 cars (as of March 14th 2009):smile:
Corbin: 300 sparrows
Think!: 1105 cars (Think Global - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
EV1: 1117 cars (General Motors EV1 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
RAV4 EV: 1574 cars (Toyota RAV4 EV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
De Lorean: 9200 cars (DeLorean Frequently Asked Questions - Historic Information)
Edsel: 118287 cars (Edsel Production)
Hudson: 300000 cars in one year

How much time do you have to select your options and make the payment once you get that email ? A few weeks ?

I had to lock my options by March 12th. My Roadster is one of the first ones for the 2009 model year. I was told yesterday that it goes into production in England in early May.

I think the final payment is due before it goes into production. That would be about 6-8 weeks before delivery.

Yeah, I wasn't given an exact reply by date, but told to follow the selection criteria in the email and if I needed help, to contact Tesla. In reply to a question I sent, they are no longer providing color kits for interior selection, relying on the photos of the interiors as being more beneficial than the kit. So, I've really only got one issue that has me wishy washy, and that's still the leather seat vs the fabric because of the Arizona sunshine. I guess what I'm going to do is go with the leather and get a cover for the car if I have to leave it parked out somewhere for a period of time. I actually like the leather better, I thought I was being practical about the hot seat issue, but what the hay, practical smactical, nothing about this purchase for me is practical so why should I start with the seats? :biggrin:

I thought your avatar was your car. And according to my records you were #536.

My world is upsidedown! :confused:

There has been a bunch of movement for production numbers since January when everyone (after #210) had to lock their options again. Many people did not respond to the emails or phone calls from Tesla and did not lock their options. So when their production number came up, they fell back in the line.

So those owners that did lock quickly have moved up. In some instances this is creating jumps of over 150 in the VIN compared to the number that you were originally assigned.

I thought your avatar was your car. And according to my records you were #536.

My world is upsidedown! :confused:

You keep good records! At one point I did have a higher number, but it has been reduced on two different occasions to the current number of 384. I'm not complaining!

And my avatar is actually from a picture I took when my wife and I went on a test drive some months back. I will update it when I get MY car.

Hopefully this gets your world rightside up again. :smile:

From the sales update posted March 26th, they have now delivered approximately 300 Roadsters. They will be passing Corbin any day now and by the end of the year, Tesla should be able to pass total produced EV1s and Think! (unless Think is able to restart production).