Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production Halt on Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BMWY

Mar 29, 2021
SJ
Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard something similar?

Take this for what it's worth, but I just got off of the phone with my SA and he stated that Tesla has officially issued a production halt on the Model Y. He went on to say that this likely means that NONE will be delivered in April. Has anyone else heard something similar?

That's not impossible, but it would be extraordinary. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, especially when rumors like that can move the stock price on a heavily shorted stock.

Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.

@z335is not sure if you've been following any general automotive or tech sector news lately, but there is a global semiconductor shortage that is affecting virtually every automotive and tech manufacturer in varying degrees over the past few months and for the forseeable future. Telsa is not alone in this issue, and other car markers have had temporary shutdowns recently due to parts shortages; I'm certain there will be more.

My point being: yes their production and distribution has some issues (though remember they're still a relatively young company compared to other car makers) but in this case it's not really their fault, and you're about as likely to experience the same type of delays even if you jump ship.

Welp, if that really is the case, then I'm moving on to another brand. Their production and distribution paradigm is amateur hour.

lol, what do you mean by this? Every manufacturer has announced productions halts due to chip shortages...does this mean you will boycott every brand because they have to stop production for a short period of time?

Reactions: SO16