Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the first two batches of invites were around 2500 each. The I seem to recall someone in the upper 4000's not getting an invite with the last batch. So that means they've invited even more people this time (at least 3000, hopefully more). It's good to see Tesla sending out larger batches of invites because I'm around 20,000! I got the email Tesla sent out saying that they hoped to invite all current reservation holders to configure before the end of the year, but I didn't believe it. Now I have some hope!

No e-mail but my tesla page is up and running to config. Pretty much have it figured out but have to have that one last "talk" with my wife before I press the order button! Have to time the talk perfectly to get the least amount of resistance!

Congrats! Ditto here... In September I picked up a Kia Soul EV in Marietta (Voyles) to bridge the gap... now, maybe not so long.
So you actually listened to vperl?

Oh, wait, sorry, that's a joke from the other forums. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

I may need a favor......Can she call my CFO? ;)
Working on Ludicrous now. If I get a thumbs up on that one I'll really have pulled something off and will see if she's willing to talk. ;-)

50**.....Can't remember the exact number. Making it easier on some people behind me. Will delay until second row seats fold option becomes available. May never happen.
Also see the "Ready, please design and place your order" message (but no email from Tesla, yet). And we will not decide until my wife and I had a test drive. Leaning heavily towards a quick $5k windfall...

Last edited:
No e-mail but my tesla page is up and running to config. Pretty much have it figured out but have to have that one last "talk" with my wife before I press the order button! Have to time the talk perfectly to get the least amount of resistance!

You are likely aware but worth mentioning - you'll have 1 week after ordering to make changes at no cost/delay. I realize though that you may mean to get a general go/no-go from the wife ..In which case your task is likely far greater and timing indeed crucial :wink:

Either way, good luck man!

YEA:smile: I have a DESIGN Button. Reservation number 91x4 from March 2014. I plan to go to the Design center tomorrow and see the various paint and interior combinations. Now I have to decide on whether to go for the P90D or wait another few months. Glad to be in the process after nearly 2 years. :biggrin::biggrin:

Second # added.

Last edited:
YEA:smile: I have a DESIGN Button. Reservation number 9xx4 from March 2014. I plan to go to the Design center tomorrow and see the various paint and interior combinations. Now I have to decide on whether to go for the P90D or wait another few months. Glad to be in the process after nearly 2 years. :biggrin::biggrin:

Congrats! Did you by chance mean 94xx? I don't think most would try to hide the second digit so maybe you just typed it in wrong?

If we know the second digit was a 4, then we can assume up to 9500 or so have been invited to configure. If 9xx4, we don't know if it's 9004 or 9994. :confused:

I guess even with those numbers, we could assume reservation holders from 1 up through (somewhere between) 9500-10000 have been invited so far. :smile:

Last edited:
Awesome config. Congrats! Ours will be quite similar. Blue, 20-inch wheels, UHFS, sub-zero... I was going with multi-pattern seats too but my wife suggested black leather, and if we're getting leather maybe we'll opt for that performance upgrade package too... :) But I'm definitely getting AutoPilot. Still on the fence about dark or light headliner. I like the contrast of light, but the combination of dark headline and black seats does look pretty sweet too.

Does anyone know if the blue from the S is identical to the blue on the X? I'm assuming yes, as I can't see why they'd maintain two different blues. We're trying to find a blue S and maybe check a couple of the interior options in person before confirming. Seems like most of the stores in the NYC area only have one or two model Ses on display and they all seem to be white.

I am on the fence about the headliner as well. I happen to be 1/2 hr from the Tesla shop today so stopped by, but only had 15 minutes. I was only able to see Tesla Model S with black and tan leather and light and dark headliner in a dark garage. In a dark garage the black headliner felt a little dark with black seats so I might make that one change to the lighter tannish headliner with the black textile seats. As far as I can tell from the design studio both the textile and leather seats are the same except for materials. They both look like the shape of the Model S next gen seats. Are there other differences I am missing? Also we really liked the blue (again in the dark garage) so will stick with that decision. I was able to see the midnight silver and liked its elegant understated appearance, but the daughter and wife were not interested. Maybe next time I will have time for a test drive hopefully of the X ...

Oh crud. So if I consider biting the bullet and pick a 90D instead of a 70D, Tesla forces me to buy the silly air suspension, too, increasing the price even more. Every time I have a service loaner with air suspension I'm so glad that I have coils in my P85D.
It seems pretty clear to me that Tesla wants to make it easy for me to decide to cancel the reservation...