Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production X Configuration Has Begun!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hugh, are you going with the P model ?

I'm still not sure. I want best range, but also love performance. But when I just think for 2sec, the non-P model have the same 0-100 performance I get with my audi-S5 (which is enough). Then I force myself to stop thinking :)

nah, have you driven a P? I have not, I test drove an MS 85D when they were doing a test drive event in Calgary a couple months back. The performance of that was WAY more than I expected. So the plan is to go for the 90D :cool:

Here in Europe we go crazy.
My reservation was #2559 in early 2014 (no sig) including deposit and we have no idea when we are allowed to configure.
Reading the TMC postings since 2 years and running my fifth Model S
I can´t avoid getting jealous here in good old Germany. :wink:

My reservation was #2559 in early 2014 (no sig) including deposit and we have no idea when we are allowed to configure.

Your FIFTH Model S! and this is your first post here? Welcome to TMC posting. Glad to hear from ya.

So sorry bud! You're a seriously patient Tesla aficionado! I was getting impatient for the X invite so I bought an S last month. Great car! I wonder why are the X invites so slow coming to Europe?

Also received the invitation yesterday (res 14,000's), but I may sit this one out - rejoice those with higher numbers. My minimum configuration (seven seater 90D with AP) is just a lot more expensive than I had anticipated. Early on I had figured the seven seats would be standard, or at least not $4k. It doesn't help that the stock market slumped...

Holding on to the reservation to hopefully get a test drive invite at some point. We'll see... ev-cpo.com is looking very interesting right now...

The time I had* my EU-MX reservation (P2064) in June 14, the US productions where at 12k. So today, knowing "US Productions reservation numbers" got invited over 15k, would have made me very sad. And even Signatures aren't invited here. I feel sorry for all, but it seems legit, that US comes first.

I have to keep that order in mind, when hoping for the M3 next time.

June14:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452024234.168067.jpg

*I dropped out for a Model S in the summer, while guessing my X wouldn't be delivered till summer '16 (looks like an overestimation now).

Last edited:
So sorry bud! You're a seriously patient Tesla aficionado! I was getting impatient for the X invite so I bought an S last month. Great car! I wonder why are the X invites so slow coming to Europe?

Thanks mikevbf and SSRLMD for the warm welcome. As a dedicated Tesla junkie I´m following you up as a hidden reader for almost two years. :redface:

The even later start in Europe results IMHO from reducing the financial risk of problems in serial productions and
of course general changes for Europe (different SuC plugs, different towing system...) and updating the infra structure
(stock of spares, instructions update for SeC people, different assembling of shipped parts at Tilburg for most countries in Europe...)
We have to deal with like it is. In the meantime we´re driving Model S and it´s still for me the best car in the world.

Thanks mikevbf and SSRLMD for the warm welcome. As a dedicated Tesla junkie I´m following you up as a hidden reader for almost two years. :redface:

The even later start in Europe results IMHO from reducing the financial risk of problems in serial productions and
of course general changes for Europe (different SuC plugs, different towing system...) and updating the infra structure
(stock of spares, instructions update for SeC people, different assembling of shipped parts at Tilburg for most countries in Europe...)
We have to deal with like it is. In the meantime we´re driving Model S and it´s still for me the best car in the world.

Agree with you completely! but still quite frustrating to realise that the timeline for europe is slipping further and further away.......... :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am no longer expecting to take delivery before summer.......

Agree with you completely! but still quite frustrating to realise that the timeline for europe is slipping further and further away.......... :)

- - - Updated - - -

I am no longer expecting to take delivery before summer.......

Maybe even later. Tesla seems to be fully working on the US & Canada Model Xs.
Despite our insane European delay I´m keen on getting the prices for Europe
as they will be quite a lot higher compared to the US.
(Just compared the Model S prices though and it´s frustrating too.
We will get world´s best car late AND expensive :crying: ).

Maybe in the EURO zone they have become expensive but that is more due to the unfavourable exchange-rate than TESLA. In SUI the MS is basically on par with the US and the CHF is on par with the US$ so its only shipping and taxes that are really playing the difference and then the ever changing exchange-rate........ For the delay however...... you are sadly probably right.... :-(

- - - Updated - - -

maybe I should reflect this in my signature and change the expected delivery date to '17! :)

If the pricing for the Canadians is any indication, the Model X might actually be cheaper than the US price after taking the exchange rate, shipping and taxes into account. In other words, it seems Tesla Motors is willing to lower their profit margins in concession of the unfavorable exchange rate for Canadians, so maybe they will treat the patient Europeans the same way.