Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Project Highland (Investor impact etc.)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When it becomes point of sale discount in 2024 ,then sales really take off, because then one's income bracket will not matter.
Nope. You still have to be under the income cap to qualify, and you still have to have the tax liability to offset. If you take it at POS and end up not qualifying it is added to your tax liability and you have to pay it back.

Many people do not itemize on their taxes.
Completely irrelevant. The EV tax credit has nothing to do with itemizing.

Reactions: cheqsgravity
Nope. You still have to be under the income cap to qualify, and you still have to have the tax liability to offset. If you take it at POS and end up not qualifying it is added to your tax liability and you have to pay it back.

Completely irrelevant. The EV tax credit has nothing to do with itemizing.
Thanks for the correction, but until this is POS, it does not help the single mom with a couple of kids looking at a Toyota Camry. That is still $7500 extra being financed. If the whole point of being priced at a Camry is mean something it has to sell for the same upfront. In a few months we will be there, I have no doubt Tesla will make it painless for POS.

Last edited:
I find it very interesting the rear glass is covered. The other Highland pictures I have seen do not have this cover.

Please be a hatchback like the Model S! I know it would hurt the Model Y but personally I think they are going to sell all they can make of both.

A hatchback M3 would be super amazingly awesome. Personally, I prefer not to sit way up in the air like a truck, reducing aerodynamics, safety, handling, and efficiency. The *only* thing I like about the Y is the utility of the hatchback. M3 hatchback would be the shizzle! And probably our next car!

Reactions: Dikkie Dik
What does ambient light in a car mean?
A nice version of this:
1686567866356.png

🤮

My summary from Teslascope:
1. Full release is now q1 2024. Can we expect some changes earlier than others? Perhaps main refresh in late Oct'23?
2. Hw4 with new bumper cameras. Bird Eye view?
3. Emphasis on using recycled materials.
4. Emphasis on cost saving like removing components / sensors.
5. Seats: Air ventilated , vibration reducing , increased comfort
6. RGB lighting
7. Rear entertainment console toyed with.
8. Will receive upgrades similar to new S&X.
9. "R" displayed in the mirrors when in Reverse.
10. Upgraded speaker system. Perhaps a way of saying we reduced speakers which makes it upgraded.
11. Steer by wire

Last edited:
It's true, Tesla has yet to deliver a 'Plaid' Model 3, which could easily be adapted to use dual carbon-wrapped SRPM motors per the Model S Plaid (both the front AC motor and rear SRPM in the Model 3 use identical aluminum cases).

Perhaps the gigacastings in Project Highland will provide the extra ridgity needed to go with a 760 hp beast of a Model 3 Plaid. Perhaps a structural battery pack will also be part of the mix.

Good times! :D