Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[PSA] Do not tilt your front seats fully forward...

Imy877

Feb 14, 2020
Uk
I broke my passenger side vanity mirror about 2 weeks into ownership... I was trying to maximise the space inside the car for an ikea trip! Gutted, but I got over it pretty quickly! Not sure if I'll bother getting it replaced.

s88ats

Jul 12, 2020
London
Yes, but adding another seat to the CAN bus wouldn't be hard or costly I presume, while ALSO creating an added feature of Passenger Seat Profiles--win-win.
Not having the feature, avoiding any additional costs and getting people to buy replacement parts also seems to be win-win (for Tesla).

Latibes

Sep 13, 2019
London
Out of interest, are the replacements noticeably different - in particular do they not have ruddy great big holes in them? I've never seen this on any other car, they have been sealed units or at least that's what I thought, am I wrong?
Yes they are, the plastic weld seam is less ragged, much better quality seam/join than previously!

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
Just to update, having had my vanity mirror break due to the design fault. I ultimately had it replaced by Tesla as a goodwill gesture.
Wish I’d had your gift of the gab :) My local SC were adamant that it wasn’t a warranty issue and was chargeable.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC