Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchased Tesla 2017 Model S 90D, Received 60D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That may be, but 60 kW is a charge rate, not a battery capacity. Check the screen grab again:

210 mi/hr …+29 mi .... 60 kW
Screenshot_20230907-193544.png

Nobody except you is talking about the charge rate. Everyone else, including OP, is looking at the top where it says “60D”. That’s the topic of the thread and what we’re all talking about.

And? It would be easy to look at the charge rate and confuse it with the battery capacity, since it happened to be 60 kW, especially if you aren’t used to reading it that display.

And? It would be easy to look at the charge rate and confuse it with the battery capacity, since it happened to be 60 kW, especially if you aren’t used to reading it that display.
I really don’t know what you’re arguing for.

You seem to be looking for the “Purchased Tesla 2017 Model S 90D, Received 60kw” thread.

That isn’t this one. The intention of the post and the question behind it appears to be clear to everyone but you.

If I post a screenshot with a big circle around the 60 kW can we stop talking about this?
We can stop talking about it as soon as you stop talking about it.

You're literally the only person talking about 60kW so nobody here even knows what your point is. You're arguing with yourself because nobody cares about whatever the hell it is you're even talking about.

It was always a 60. Even if someone swapped a battery, it wouldn’t be listed as a 60 unless Tesla reprogrammed it that way (the battery doesn’t change the cars label automatically ). Did the dealer actually state it was a 90D? If so, you have an excellent case against them.
Why didn’t you ask the old owner about this issue?
The dealer rated it as 90D. They blamed the “original window sticker” as proof. How this is an “original window sticker” is beyond me.

Everything about this says wrong. First of all… why “Predictive”? Second… interior color “White”. There is absolutely nothing white in or out of my vehicle.

But this whole thing is getting worse. I purchased in another state. They delivered the vehicle. The vehicle must meet state inspections for the state it is delivered to.

Went to Lexus today, another franchise owned by the same motor group, but in my state… for inspection. They even videoed it for documentation. RF brake pads… none. RL brake pads… 1mm, not passable. Rear brakes? Same, same. Massive wheel damage, interior rim. Also some rods in the front that wiggle everywhere and the mechanic said “I’m not Tesla certified, but that’s wrong”.

Here’s my gripe. Only one wiper works. I have never driven it in the rain… so I never noticed, BUT… how do you, as a licensed professional, say a vehicle passes inspection with no wipers?

Their words, not mine. “Well, it passes Massachusetts State Inspection… so we don’t know what you’re expecting”. Really!? Well that answers a lot of questions about Massachusetts vehicles.

I asked Lexus to do the repairs and they said there’s no way because Tesla will not even sell them the parts.

I’m currently in wait mode, because none of the management contacts seem to care.

Attachments

• tesla sticker.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 104
Vin search reveals some interesting info:
The car was recently listed as as 90D by a car dealer in MA
Most interestingly, the car was listed for sale by Toyota of Watertown, MA in 2019 as a 60D - asking price was $53k and it had 16k. The car was badged as a 60D (see pic)...
That was when the first owner (leased) traded it in. I am third owner. So somewhere along the line, someone decided to make some extra cake.
IMG_0768.jpg

That is not a real Tesla window sticker.

Whatever happened, you probably need to think about lawyering up and taking your claim back to the dealer that sold you the car.
That's what I'm thinking. When I contacted Tesla and they told me "It's a 60D. It's always been a 60D, and that's that". I was a little stunned. Primarily because the GM was on hold with Tesla for over an hour and when he got off the phone he told me they said "Due to an issue with the battery pack, for safety, they downgraded the vehicle to a 60D". That's when I said, give me the number you called, I have to wait for you to do the brakes and tires anyways... I will call. He did provide the number and I proceeded to dial while being told, "I have to leave early today, I'm not even suppose to be here and it's a holiday weekend... so just let me know how it goes". My LIEDar was going nuts.

After I relayed my experience with Tesla he said "So what do you want?" You can pretty much assume there was a monetary agreement, because there was... which they have not met. Now be aware... I was at the dealership for 8 hours. Waiting for tire repair, brakes and an answer to "Why does it vibrate all over the place from 76-88 MPH ?". The later was... "It was the tire, it's fixed now". No, it wasn't. As you can see in this thread, they didn't do any of the work they said was being done.

They offered to buy the car back. When I said no problem... I'm selling it at a great price, they weren't happy. The GM then said "No, we will just void the sale". I said "Great! Bring my Rover around front and I will be on my way." - reply - "Sorry, can't do that... it's sold". That's why I'm thinking lawyer and attorney general... maybe higher, because when their agent handed the falsified title to the state clerk... that's fraud and across state boarders, it's now a federal crime.

Reactions: Zythryn and morbidz
The dealer will have a hard time explaining why the decal is 90D in court when the software clearly shows it's 60D. When I unlocked my 2017 MS to 75. I asked the sales advisor to change the decal to 75S, so the decal can easily be changed. Whether it is the dealer's deliberate fraud or clueless is another story, but you just have to deal with the dealer.

CarFax only knows whats being reported to whatever database they pulling it from...
If some independent shop swapped it or DIYer, how would CarFax know that?..

Its NOT fraud if dash says 60D, miss-advertising - sure... I see this all the time for any car so don't buy without looking.
Buyer has the right to inspect the car before purchase...

If the purchase agreement says 90D, then the dealer owes him a 90D regardless of what the dash says.

That's what I'm thinking. When I contacted Tesla and they told me "It's a 60D. It's always been a 60D, and that's that". I was a little stunned. Primarily because the GM was on hold with Tesla for over an hour and when he got off the phone he told me they said "Due to an issue with the battery pack, for safety, they downgraded the vehicle to a 60D". That's when I said, give me the number you called, I have to wait for you to do the brakes and tires anyways... I will call. He did provide the number and I proceeded to dial while being told, "I have to leave early today, I'm not even suppose to be here and it's a holiday weekend... so just let me know how it goes". My LIEDar was going nuts.

After I relayed my experience with Tesla he said "So what do you want?" You can pretty much assume there was a monetary agreement, because there was... which they have not met. Now be aware... I was at the dealership for 8 hours. Waiting for tire repair, brakes and an answer to "Why does it vibrate all over the place from 76-88 MPH ?". The later was... "It was the tire, it's fixed now". No, it wasn't. As you can see in this thread, they didn't do any of the work they said was being done.

They offered to buy the car back. When I said no problem... I'm selling it at a great price, they weren't happy. The GM then said "No, we will just void the sale". I said "Great! Bring my Rover around front and I will be on my way." - reply - "Sorry, can't do that... it's sold". That's why I'm thinking lawyer and attorney general... maybe higher, because when their agent handed the falsified title to the state clerk... that's fraud and across state boarders, it's now a federal crime.

Just curious, but how much was the 60D?