Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something makes me think post production line upgrades were first on Glovis Companion. There is a chance none of them cars have been given out yet.
I think Companion deliveries started at the weekend. If not then tomorrow. We have no reason to think the cars have changed though have we? As far as we know it was just about build rate so if anything they might have left stuff off to speed up production!

I think Companion deliveries started at the weekend. If not then tomorrow. We have no reason to think the cars have changed though have we? As far as we know it was just about build rate so if anything they might have left stuff off to speed up production!
Some Australian reviewers commented on the noticeable improved suspension in post shut down MYs vs their post shut down units. And I posted some photos in here from Chinese forums of the suspension arms being made of a different material post shut down units (no sure if that would change the suspension feel). Something has changed, but by how much or if it was a temporary measure, we will find out shortly.

1662328114368.jpeg

1662328132694.jpeg

Last edited:
Excellent collection experience at Newcastle Service Centre today. Car immaculate, washed and pristine, no paint issues, all gaps perfect, everything working as should. Both charging cables present, as was parcel shelf. 89% charge, dropped it a bit driving home, the acceleration is just too much to ignore…… Unboxed the waiting accessories and downloaded software update. Swap to Octopus intelligent went smoothly once I did the test charge with the Zappi fast charge switched on. Good to go now. Some pictures tomorrow if not raining, no rain for weeks and today a monsoon!
This is pretty much me - just 3.5 weeks earlier...
Got Blue/black/19 - have my Zappi installed ready to go, and after having switched supply to Octopus last week they're currently in the process of moving me to Octopus Intelligent. They think plenty of time to move before take delivery of car on 28th...

Did you get any notifications about moving to Octopus Intelligent before getting the car?

Reactions: QuanTim
This is pretty much me - just 3.5 weeks earlier...
Got Blue/black/19 - have my Zappi installed ready to go, and after having switched supply to Octopus last week they're currently in the process of moving me to Octopus Intelligent. They think plenty of time to move before take delivery of car on 28th...

Did you get any notifications about moving to Octopus Intelligent before getting the car?
I did not think you could move to Intelligent prior to receiving the car - as it needs to do a 'test' and connect to the car before confirming. Could be wrong. I'm on Go waiting for my car collection on 22nd.

Reactions: Toblerone
I did not think you could move to Intelligent prior to receiving the car - as it needs to do a 'test' and connect to the car before confirming. Could be wrong. I'm on Go waiting for my car collection on 22nd.
Not an expert on this my any means, but i spoke to an Octopus customer services agent last week and he said that the switch of Intelligent had begun, and more importantly i'd fixed the current rates, and that it will take the team a couple of weeks to actually move. At some point i will then get an email to confirm that i can move, at which point i need to do a test charge. ALthough i'll have to delay the test charge til the 28th as that's when the car arrives.

Not sure what the actual process will be, as the guy i spoke to didn't seem entirely certain about it.

Question to anyone who’s collected / had a car delivered.

Do the cars come with any kind of floor mats? All the pics ive seen just show the fitted carpet (unles aftermarket mats have been fitted).

Also, for those who’ve had deliveries through lease companies and had to wait for their car to show up in the app, at some point you get asked for the login email address associated with your Tesla app / account, right?

Thank you.

Question to anyone who’s collected / had a car delivered.

Do the cars come with any kind of floor mats? All the pics ive seen just show the fitted carpet (unles aftermarket mats have been fitted).

Also, for those who’ve had deliveries through lease companies and had to wait for their car to show up in the app, at some point you get asked for the login email address associated with your Tesla app / account, right?

Thank you.

Basic car mats come with it

Few pictures of the Y. It’s a 405xxx VIN. Drives amazingly, better than I remembered back in Feb and leaves most cars in its wake.It has rubber strips on boot edges (see pic) and have taken pic of front suspension - is this same as in past or new?? I have nothing to compare it to. As said before paintwork, gaps, interior etc etc is spot on. Newcastle centre did a good job and came with 87% charge. New Rimetrix 19 fitted easily, as rest of small accessories. Thankfully my garage measurements and Tesla dimensions matched and it fits the garage (otherwise divorce). Zappi is working well, eco++ moved excess generation to Y today rather than exporting at 4p. Octopus intelligent setup was simple and working well. Overall well worth the 7/12 wait, highs and lows, ships and no ships, covid shutdown etc etc. Hang in there everyone it is really worth it!!!!

Attachments

• 9EDDB77B-EB53-49F7-8089-BCE4DCE47F38.jpeg
    9EDDB77B-EB53-49F7-8089-BCE4DCE47F38.jpeg
    772.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 793E1908-87C0-4731-A234-92D1790DA7F4.jpeg
    793E1908-87C0-4731-A234-92D1790DA7F4.jpeg
    573.8 KB · Views: 61
  • B7166847-A77F-4641-A029-721CBC890649.jpeg
    B7166847-A77F-4641-A029-721CBC890649.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 9A32F3ED-22A3-4594-8EAB-3E8DDC721048.jpeg
    9A32F3ED-22A3-4594-8EAB-3E8DDC721048.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 9A52CF7C-89C0-432A-8DB1-A9E354AAE6B1.jpeg
    9A52CF7C-89C0-432A-8DB1-A9E354AAE6B1.jpeg
    494.8 KB · Views: 68
Few pictures of the Y. It’s a 405xxx VIN. Drives amazingly, better than I remembered back in Feb and leaves most cars in its wake.It has rubber strips on boot edges (see pic) and have taken pic of front suspension - is this same as in past or new?? I have nothing to compare it to. As said before paintwork, gaps, interior etc etc is spot on. Newcastle centre did a good job and came with 87% charge. New Rimetrix 19 fitted easily, as rest of small accessories. Thankfully my garage measurements and Tesla dimensions matched and it fits the garage (otherwise divorce). Zappi is working well, eco++ moved excess generation to Y today rather than exporting at 4p. Octopus intelligent setup was simple and working well. Overall well worth the 7/12 wait, highs and lows, ships and no ships, covid shutdown etc etc. Hang in there everyone it is really worth it!!!!
How are the rattles, especially the boot and lateral jerks?

What do you think of the Rimetrix? Was the process of getting them straight forward?

Got a 405 VIN coming tomorrow. I’m also in north east.
Rimetrix very good, quality product, easily fitted. They come well packed and tracked all they way from US. You do have to pay VAT, customs import charge and a small UK delivery charge on top of the cost to buy. CAme to around extra £70 but depends on exchange rate etc at time of buying. You don’t pay any US taxes.

Collection is nice and relaxed at Newcastle. Check you in first then they send you over to look over car for any obvious issues. Then you sign for car if happy and drive off. You will have a great day, have fun.

Reactions: Waltagon