Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Collected from NEC yesterday. As mentioned before it's indoors so dry. No issues. Did not even ask where I parked the trade in let alone go look at it while I was there. I took photos anyway just in case anything happened to it AFTER I left it. Paranoid but you never know.
Pickup was smooth. Spent half an hour checking the car. Tiny scratch on one hub cap ( not worth bothering with) was the only thing I could find wrong. A bit of a difference from my 2019 Fremont M3 pickup.
Car was 53% charged. I think it had less then 5 miles on the clock.
Car itself is fine. I know that sounds underwhelming but I am only getting it for the space I prefer the M3 in a lot of ways so not feeling the same excitement as a lot of the first time owners but I don't think they will be disappointed based on what I saw
No issues with the "harsh suspension" no idea if has improved I only drove one once before briefly but it did not seem noticeably different from my M3 LR. Plenty of grip but it definitely feels less planted under sudden changes of direction such as pulling out to overtake. but then it has a higher centre of gravity so that is to be expected.
All in all though well done Tesla on the car and the delivery process. Post the dreaded EDD lottery once a car was assigned its all been very smooth.

Great to hear positive feedback as above. Thanks.

It is another interesting point that some cars are delivered with as less as 5miles on the clock vs 30 miles as reported by another member yesterday. It is a significant difference giving the fact that they are expected to follow the same process and flow…for a brand new car out of factory - 30 miles feels a bit excessive- which I think my invoice also states 🤔

Great to hear positive feedback as above. Thanks.

It is another interesting point that some cars are delivered with as less as 5miles on the clock vs 30 miles as reported by another member yesterday. It is a significant difference giving the fact that they are expected to follow the same process and flow…for a brand new car out of factory - 30 miles feels a bit excessive- which I think my invoice also states 🤔
I didn't look at it until after I drove off but it was only saying 7 miles at the point when I checked it so must have been less than 5 at collection but it can't be that far from the factory to the port and after that its just on and off of ships and transporters so makes sense I guess.
Maybe they take a sample for a longer test drive so a few come up with more?

Reactions: Benotomy
I was about to put "interesting..", but, this really really isn't interesting in the slightest. I got given a black charger, the guy from Southampton said it was "new feedback" they'd received.. feel like I'm missing out on that bright blue type 2 cable club!
OOOOK......just humour me here, what the frig is a`Black Charger` when its at home? My Tesla wallcharger is WHITE my UMC (granny) charger is SILVER/BLACK all with black cables and my (Have-to-buy direct from Tesla) type-2 charging lead/cable is BLUE. So is this something else to buy? :rolleyes:

OOOOK......just humour me here, what the frig is a`Black Charger` when its at home? My Tesla wallcharger is WHITE my UMC (granny) charger is SILVER/BLACK all with black cables and my (Have-to-buy direct from Tesla) type-2 charging lead/cable is BLUE. So is this something else to buy? :rolleyes:
Black charging cable included with the car.

Sometimes these come as Blue, prob depending on whatever was available at the time of delivery.

People here like to agonise over the smallest details and have cable measuring contests. Mine is longer than yours, etc.
📏 🤣

Great to read all the collection stories - keep them coming! Collection sounds like it's a pretty non-intrusive event in terms of employees hanging around with you, which is what I like. Gives you the opportunity to give your new car a good scan over.

So far, it's seems despite the high production volumes, quality is on point :)

I didn't look at it until after I drove off but it was only saying 7 miles at the point when I checked it so must have been less than 5 at collection but it can't be that far from the factory to the port and after that its just on and off of ships and transporters so makes sense I guess.
Maybe they take a sample for a longer test drive so a few come up with more?
Was your invoice showing a similar mileage too?

My mileage on collection yesterday was 6. At Bluewater I watched them coming off the lorry and being driven straight into the car park, 200yds. They were being moved around for cleaning, and then driven to the collection area. So I wouldn't expect to see 30 miles on a car.

Final check of mine today and 3 things reported, headlight protruding a bit, a bubble in the PPF and the passenger side camera is sometimes getting condensation on the glass which stops the camera from functioning. Taking it to Chelmsford in a couple of weeks as that was the first Saturday they had.

My mileage on collection yesterday was 6. At Bluewater I watched them coming off the lorry and being driven straight into the car park, 200yds. They were being moved around for cleaning, and then driven to the collection area. So I wouldn't expect to see 30 miles on a car.

Final check of mine today and 3 things reported, headlight protruding a bit, a bubble in the PPF and the passenger side camera is sometimes getting condensation on the glass which stops the camera from functioning. Taking it to Chelmsford in a couple of weeks as that was the first Saturday they had.
Do you have a pic of the headlight protruding or the bubbles? Things to keep an eye on when I collect from Bluewater in 2 weeks.

Do you have a pic of the headlight protruding or the bubbles? Things to keep an eye on when I collect from Bluewater in 2 weeks.
I do as I had to send it in on the service request.

Bubbles

IMG_0807.jpeg

protruding headlight - nothing that I couldn't put up with but thought I may as well get it done. It took me a few checks to decide that it was sticking out a bit.
IMG_0809.jpeg

this is the opposite side for comparison

IMG_0808.jpeg

Well at the 11th hour we have been contacted to say our collection tomorrow is cancelled as they’ve realised our finance agreement has expired. This is despite paying deposit, signing contracts and phonecalls and texts saying you’re ready for tomorrow. Absolutely fuming and upset.

Well at the 11th hour we have been contacted to say our collection tomorrow is cancelled as they’ve realised our finance agreement has expired. This is despite paying deposit, signing contracts and phonecalls and texts saying you’re ready for tomorrow. Absolutely fuming and upset.

What? Is this the tesla finance? Wow the fact everything is signed and paid is unreal so sorry to hear this