Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So collected yesterday….All went well. Headlights are a little perhaps sticking out but mostly you notice when you touch and pay real attention - I checked a few MYs around and pretty much all the same - not really sure even worth the effort to get them sorted because difficult to even show/explain - still thinking about it. I also noticed that both front windows are not flushed against the surface at the middle pillar. I am not sure if this is because of those being with 2 layers and the rear windows not, but nevertheless I will keep an eye if any water leak on those especially with pressure washer is directed towards forwards, as they may need to adjust the inner window rails to push the glass towards the frame. Also there is a little irregular patch on the rear seat felt which I don’t think I will bother with as I am sure it will get even worse with the dog at the back etc…overall very happy but will continue paying attention to any issues I may have missed in the next couple of days. The ride quality feels exactly the same as what it was when I test drove - firm and I don’t think anything was tweaked. There are a lot of settings and bits and bobs to sort out which probably will take a few more days/weeks to get my head around as some things don’t seem to work on certain conditions ie the BT is not connecting to iphone automatically perhaps if you are not on the driver seat- further reading and research will help I am sure.
FBAE3FCB-83B2-453B-A7F1-8D82F48DFF95.jpeg
85694AD2-53DD-41BE-8377-E6C1CC527C37.jpeg
D56D5778-D572-455F-A070-A8510CFDAA9E.jpeg
ADACA89F-E2C5-4B89-83D3-1F63F4B40AAA.jpeg
67AB08F6-04E3-441D-AA73-8E55A17D7E59.jpeg
8F990B34-94D2-42E9-B75E-D05A3E912517.jpeg
D9E151E3-F067-4AF6-A48C-36B2ADBE587B.jpeg

So collected yesterday….All went well. Headlights are a little perhaps sticking out but mostly you notice when you touch and pay real attention - I checked a few MYs around and pretty much all the same - not really sure even worth the effort to get them sorted because difficult to even show/explain - still thinking about it. I also noticed that both front windows are not flushed against the surface at the middle pillar. I am not sure if this is because of those being with 2 layers and the rear windows not, but nevertheless I will keep an eye if any water leak on those especially with pressure washer is directed towards forwards, as they may need to adjust the inner window rails to push the glass towards the frame. Also there is a little irregular patch on the rear seat felt which I don’t think I will bother with as I am sure it will get even worse with the dog at the back etc…overall very happy but will continue paying attention to any issues I may have missed in the next couple of days. The ride quality feels exactly the same as what it was when I test drove - firm and I don’t think anything was tweaked. There are a lot of settings and bits and bobs to sort out which probably will take a few more days/weeks to get my head around as some things don’t seem to work on certain conditions ie the BT is not connecting to iphone automatically perhaps if you are not on the driver seat- further reading and research will help I am sure. View attachment 853526View attachment 853527View attachment 853528View attachment 853529View attachment 853530View attachment 853531View attachment 853532
Thanks for sharing! She looks spectacular.

Reactions: Benotomy
So collected yesterday….All went well. Headlights are a little perhaps sticking out but mostly you notice when you touch and pay real attention - I checked a few MYs around and pretty much all the same - not really sure even worth the effort to get them sorted because difficult to even show/explain - still thinking about it. I also noticed that both front windows are not flushed against the surface at the middle pillar. I am not sure if this is because of those being with 2 layers and the rear windows not, but nevertheless I will keep an eye if any water leak on those especially with pressure washer is directed towards forwards, as they may need to adjust the inner window rails to push the glass towards the frame. Also there is a little irregular patch on the rear seat felt which I don’t think I will bother with as I am sure it will get even worse with the dog at the back etc…overall very happy but will continue paying attention to any issues I may have missed in the next couple of days. The ride quality feels exactly the same as what it was when I test drove - firm and I don’t think anything was tweaked. There are a lot of settings and bits and bobs to sort out which probably will take a few more days/weeks to get my head around as some things don’t seem to work on certain conditions ie the BT is not connecting to iphone automatically perhaps if you are not on the driver seat- further reading and research will help I am sure. View attachment 853526View attachment 853527View attachment 853528View attachment 853529View attachment 853530View attachment 853531View attachment 853532
Looks good. I picked mine up last week and have the same issue with one of the headlights not being quite flush. Got a service visit booked for next week to sort it out - why compromise when spending nearly £60K on a a car? Hopefully they will also be able to advise on how to get a decent ring tone in the car.

Reactions: Benotomy and _Dave_
Looks good. I picked mine up last week and have the same issue with one of the headlights not being quite flush. Got a service visit booked for next week to sort it out - why compromise when spending nearly £60K on a a car? Hopefully they will also be able to advise on how to get a decent ring tone in the car.
As an update whilst setting Bluetooth to other allows my apple watch to vibrate I can't answer the bloody call on the car 🤦‍♂️ hopefully the service tech tells you how stupid we are and explains our mistakes 🤞😂 however I think in a tesla you can't have your phone on silent and expect it to ring unlike every other car I've ever owned is able to do but I remain hopeful it's something daft

Very nice. Bristol?

Hi all, to all those who‘ve got their cars in the Q3 batch.

Was there a user guide in the glovebox? I didn’t get one, only a Roadside Assistant booklet.

Not bothered about having it, but if I should have got one and didn’t, I don’t want to be charged for it when I hand the car back If it’s missing.

• Funny
Reactions: Andy_RS2113
As an update whilst setting Bluetooth to other allows my apple watch to vibrate I can't answer the bloody call on the car 🤦‍♂️ hopefully the service tech tells you how stupid we are and explains our mistakes 🤞😂 however I think in a tesla you can't have your phone on silent and expect it to ring unlike every other car I've ever owned is able to do but I remain hopeful it's something daft
My phone and watch are always on silent and it rings in the car

Was there a user guide in the glovebox? I didn’t get one, only a Roadside Assistant booklet.

Not bothered about having it, but if I should have got one and didn’t, I don’t want to be charged for it when I hand the car back If it’s missing.
I didn’t get one last year - think Tesla want you to use all the online videos and tutorials

The manual is on the touch screen and the app. Not sure M3 or MY have ever come with a physical manual.

DA86C59F-629F-450D-BED3-A61BE3CB3BF9.jpeg

Picked her up earlier from Glasgow. After waiting since Feb it was nice to have my 19 Sep delivery changed to 17 Sep pick up. Really swift and smooth service at Glasgow. Mint condition and lovely to drive. Just waiting on software update showing as only on 2022.24.8 at present but I gather 28.1 is out. 7 miles on clock on pick up and 145 miles of range/46 %.

View attachment 853641
Picked her up earlier from Glasgow. After waiting since Feb it was nice to have my 19 Sep delivery changed to 17 Sep pick up. Really swift and smooth service at Glasgow. Mint condition and lovely to drive. Just waiting on software update showing as only on 2022.24.8 at present but I gather 28.1 is out. 7 miles on clock on pick up and 145 miles of range/46 %.

Looks stunning love the depth of colour on the blue

Any paper manual would be out of date as soon as the next software upgrade happened! I recommend downloading it on your phone though as its quicker to find what your looking for than using the car screen...
Thank you for taking the time to reply, but I am well aware of this.

My concern was if there should have been a manual and it is missing, I’d get charged when I hand the car back. I have downloaded the PDF manual and refer to that if required.

There wasn’t one - just the road side assistance booklet

Got a last minute invite to the Q3 club last night:
1663491481962.png

EDD was at Oct 31 - Dec 7 at the start of the day :p Any forum members be at Bluewater on Saturday for collection?

QQ - assuming this is a cancelation slot. My VIN is 423*** how does that tally with the Q3 shipments? I found a Production Date of 27th July

Reactions: Priceyrice
I had my Model Y collection earlier this week from Staines - verdict is wow. I didn't have a chance to do my own test drive (too young!) so whilst a Tesla staff member took me on a drive in March, I hadn't had a chance to drive myself.
  • Collected with 6 miles (not the 30 on the invoice), ~50% charge
  • Handover process was very straightforward - they confirmed all payments were complete (I'd swapped from HP to cash the Friday beforehand as the agreement wasn't great), handed me the cards and just went "any issues, pop back in!". The car appeared on the app straightaway and asked me to allow bluetooth access. There was also no rush to leave - I was left alone to take a look around / get everything set up.
  • It came with the boot cover / usb stick (in the glovebox, took me time to find it!) / carpet floor mats. Mobile connector & charging cable were in the front.
  • Tyre pressures were correct, no need to adjust them
  • Only items of note with the car were:
    • Drivers side highlight unit - one corner was slightly sticking out like a few others have reported. Scheduled for a mobile service next week
    • Tiny bit of blue tape on the top of the boot door - presume it was some protective thing for transit so I've removed it
    • Sticker residue on some trim - the car is getting washed tomorrow so I'll deal with it then!
  • Otherwise the rest of the exterior / interior is great
  • Autopilot - wow! Once it'd finished calibrating (just as I joined the M4) I used it most of the way back home. It likes to sit more left/center of the lane than I normally do (especially passing lorries) but otherwise worked great
  • Regen braking - very very strong, I've done ~400 miles since the start of the week and I've barely gone near the brakes!
  • Efficiency - ~260wh/mi with a mix of motorway / A road driving - I do have it in chill mode however! Interested to see after today with ~300miles of motorway driving to complete...
  • Comfort - less bouncy than my '11 Lexus CT. My partner loves the seats, and my family enjoyed having decent leg room when I took them out. My 2yo niece also loved the glass roof, and that Cbeebies works on the screen 😂 Her child seat was also so easy to fit - there's so much space to move around!
  • Visibility - apart from the rear window it is excellent. Being higher up with a massive windscreen is superb and parking is so easy with 3 cameras + sensors...
  • V5c form arrived 4 days later in the post
The main issue we've had is our Zappi charger broke on its second use - apparently there was a faulty batch of RCD boards towards the start of the year and mine was affected. Thankfully there's ample superchargers in/near Reading that I'll be using until it's fixed later this week...

Got a last minute invite to the Q3 club last night:
View attachment 853862

EDD was at Oct 31 - Dec 7 at the start of the day :p Any forum members be at Bluewater on Saturday for collection?

QQ - assuming this is a cancelation slot. My VIN is 423*** how does that tally with the Q3 shipments? I found a Production Date of 27th July
Mines a 423, picked it up on the 8th at Bristol, it had come over on Glovis Companion docking on 31 August.