Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Take it to a trusted tyre repair place and not one of the “bash it about” squads who’ll look after your wheels whilst they get the tyre off and fix it. Hard luck my friend but you shouldn’t have anybody trouble getting it repaired.

Contacted Tesla roadside and they’ve basically pushed me on to Kwik Fit, worth giving them a go? Never used them for tyres but I’d imagine they should do a proper job and don’t actually have the jack pads (yet)

Contacted Tesla roadside and they’ve basically pushed me on to Kwik Fit, worth giving them a go? Never used them for tyres but I’d imagine they should do a proper job and don’t actually have the jack pads (yet)
KF are unlikely to repair the tyre as it falls outside the middle 3/4 width of the tyre and will want to sell you a new tyre. You would need a friendly independent to perform that repair.

Reactions: Fleabag and EV-Head
KF are unlikely to repair the tyre as it falls outside the middle 3/4 width of the tyre and will want to sell you a new tyre. You would need a friendly independent to perform that repair.
Silly question this, but, have you actually checked to see IF that screw has penetrated the tyre? (it didn`t look deflated in the pic) The shoulder is by far the thickest part of the tyre tread and I, for one, have `got away` with it on a number of occasions 😇 You can but try! (ps, if it does let air out, screw it back in again to get you to a repairer.)

I kerbed a wheel and bought a new alloy and had Kwik Fit change the tyre over from the old to new wheel. I explained I had OCD and needed the old tyre on the new alloy, with the new alloy still looking 100% - they agreed and reassured me that any damage would be covered by their insurance - and I’d get a new wheel and not a refurb should the worst happen. I’d photographed the new wheel too in case of anything. They had the ‘pucks’ and knew all about Tesla’s and tbf despite my reservations they did an excellent job and I watched the whole process.

• Informative
Reactions: Fleabag and EV-Head
I’d say it changes lane less quickly than I do naturally. It’s quite a gradual slide across instead of a positive, decisive motion
@MashinBenzin I’d never tried out AP / TACC / EAP / FSD.

My last car was a 2014 Q5 and didn’t even have radar controlled cruise. So it had been a revelation for me.

Now, EAP, working out how to change lanes took a few attempts - it kept aborting.

After indicating I think I needed to start/confirm the manoeuvre with a nudge and then not provide any further input and it will slide over gently.

Initially I think I was giving too much steering input or for too long (like I was doing the manoeuvre myself) so it would cancel auto steer.

I seemed to get the knack of it after 3 or 4 attempts.

Side note to say I drove about 80 miles in mixed weather without any hint of phantom braking or other issues (aside from wipers!)
Also, I didn’t even think about the suspension, so it was obviously more than ok.
Today I was more on A roads and town roads and it was still ok. No complaints here.
Best weekend ever.

Where abouts are you based? I've got EAP on mine if you struggle to get one from test drive give me a shout happy to let you try it. My view it's OK I would generally change lanes faster and with less distance in front of the car behind, I've even had instances of a car flashing me out and it wouldn't change. So it's not seamless and was better implemented on our XC90 imo but it's good 80%of the time.
I missed this earlier as I was posting at the same time. Very kind, thanks for the offer, I’m in Bristol. Looks like I can get a two day “free trial” from other answers so I will take that up at some point I think.

Reactions: Sparky750
I kerbed a wheel and bought a new alloy and had Kwik Fit change the tyre over from the old to new wheel. I explained I had OCD and needed the old tyre on the new alloy, with the new alloy still looking 100% - they agreed and reassured me that any damage would be covered by their insurance - and I’d get a new wheel and not a refurb should the worst happen. I’d photographed the new wheel too in case of anything. They had the ‘pucks’ and knew all about Tesla’s and tbf despite my reservations they did an excellent job and I watched the whole process.
That's reassuring cheers, I'll be popping over to see them tomorrow and let everyone know how I get on!

Didn't get round to cleaning it but here she is. My opinion on the wipers has changed, they are fine on auto just more water on the screen that I would like but I'm getting used to it. I've adjusted my headlights, my wife was following me in it as I drove our old car home and I swear she was making the car blink at me. Might make an appointment to get them adjusted as they could be too low now.

Very impressed, no idea why acceleration boost is needed 😂 my poor i30 had no chance catching my up when my wife over took. Looked great following it!

Attachments

• IMG_3094.jpeg
    IMG_3094.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3093.jpeg
    IMG_3093.jpeg
    738.5 KB · Views: 41
Didn't get round to cleaning it but here she is. My opinion on the wipers has changed, they are fine on auto just more water on the screen that I would like but I'm getting used to it. I've adjusted my headlights, my wife was following me in it as I drove our old car home and I swear she was making the car blink at me. Might make an appointment to get them adjusted as they could be too low now.

Very impressed, no idea why acceleration boost is needed 😂 my poor i30 had no chance catching my up when my wife over took. Looked great following it!
That looks great - hopefully getting mine same spec in Nov - was worried about the Geminis but think they look fine. Nice to hear that the wipers not a major issue.

Had the car since yesterday. My life. What’s my options here? New tyre?
View attachment 856711
Tough break, where it's positioned near the edge is a no repair, but I would hazard a guess the screw is not that large, so you may be lucky that it has not gone through far enough to deflate. Take it out and see if air escaping if so screw it back in and get new tyre.
🤞 hopefully not punctured.

First supercharger experience yesterday. it was pulling about 100kwh, on a 250kwh charger, all other stalls were empty. Charged from 40% to 75% in what seemed like no time, overall a painless experience but I left the last 5% to charge at home at .07p :)
My first experience was similar. Drove 1 mile from the collection car park at Manchester Trafford around to the SCs at the other side of the shopping centre.

Interestingly these are open to non-Teslas also, although only Teslas were charging. About half the chargers were in use (busy Saturday afternoon?)

They are also 250kwh chargers and I was getting about 86kwh on what must have been a near ambient temp battery.

Charged to 80% so I wouldn’t arrive home too low. The car said this cost me just over £20, but only £16.80 was charged to the card.
I know previously you paid what the car had received rather than what the charger sent, but I thought this had now changed.

Not complaining, just thought it was interesting. I don’t intend to use SCs very often anyway. Solar+Zappi is free and octopus intelligent is 7.5p overnight.

My first experience was similar. Drove 1 mile from the collection car park at Manchester Trafford around to the SCs at the other side of the shopping centre.

Interestingly these are open to non-Teslas also, although only Teslas were charging. About half the chargers were in use (busy Saturday afternoon?)

They are also 250kwh chargers and I was getting about 86kwh on what must have been a near ambient temp battery.

Charged to 80% so I wouldn’t arrive home too low. The car said this cost me just over £20, but only £16.80 was charged to the card.
I know previously you paid what the car had received rather than what the charger sent, but I thought this had now changed.

Not complaining, just thought it was interesting. I don’t intend to use SCs very often anyway. Solar/Zappi is free and octopus intelligent is 7.5p overnight.
The Mrs is the primary driver on ours, so I can't see the charging stats from my account/app. Checked her app when we got home yesterday and I couldn't see the costs showing and I've just checked the car and it says last paid charging session - £0. So not sure what's going on there, I'm sure it will update at some point.

We don't have solar but have a zappi with GO so only paid the 7.5p up until now and I expect to use that most of the time. We have a drive from London to Scotland coming up so wanted to test a supercharger before the trip!

Reactions: Toblerone
Still loving my MY and around 400 miles in now after 5 days but a couple of questions for the masses if I may?

Firstly - Sentry - If an event happens, should I get a notification on my phone? I get the alert when I get back in the car to review and I can view live cameras in the app but don't seem to get notified?

Secondly - AP/Lane Assist - so, coming back on a dual carriageway last night at 70 I had AP and Lane Assist working. Twice in about 30 miles the lane assist tried to take a slip road and then kind of corrected itself (or I did, not sure).. but both passengers noticed the almost violent correction. It was dark no street lamps on the A road at that part but as far as I could see the slip roads had hatched white lines or green cats eyes? Any ideas? I also had the 'reduced visibility or blinded' message for either side camera on occasion but assumed that's just as it was pitch black with not much traffic?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: Daedalus
If I could pay £2k on the app to upgrade to CarPlay, I would.
I would not pay amount, that but would certainly welcome the option to use CarPlay. Tesla system is decent for an inbuilt system, but its definately lacking compared to CarPlay. My main issue is the voice recognision, especially for sending messages. It is struiggling with my north east accent haha.

Reactions: MashinBenzin
Still loving my MY and around 400 miles in now after 5 days but a couple of questions for the masses if I may?

Firstly - Sentry - If an event happens, should I get a notification on my phone? I get the alert when I get back in the car to review and I can view live cameras in the app but don't seem to get notified?

Secondly - AP/Lane Assist - so, coming back on a dual carriageway last night at 70 I had AP and Lane Assist working. Twice in about 30 miles the lane assist tried to take a slip road and then kind of corrected itself (or I did, not sure).. but both passengers noticed the almost violent correction. It was dark no street lamps on the A road at that part but as far as I could see the slip roads had hatched white lines or green cats eyes? Any ideas? I also had the 'reduced visibility or blinded' message for either side camera on occasion but assumed that's just as it was pitch black with not much traffic?

Any help greatly appreciated :)
I am trying to figure out the AP myself as well and made few comments earlier in my posts about the phantom breaking. Just a wild guess- If you have no EAP I would be surprised if it deliberately attempted to take the slip road, therefore it is most likely something to do with the lines and it’s confusion as to which ones to track. Wrt to the cameras could they be obstructed by dirt or water droplets? I recall a fellow member was reporting condensation on side cameras perhaps could be a similar issue?

With the AP, it is definitely worth reading the manual as there are a number of limitations and warnings so perhaps still there is room for improvement.

I would echo your first question as I am also curious…

I am trying to figure out the AP myself and made few comments earlier in my posts. Just a wild guess- If you have no EAP I would be surprised if it deliberately attempted to take the slip road, therefore it is most likely something to do with the lines and it’s confusion as to which ones to track. Wrt to the cameras could they be obstructed by dirt or water droplets? I recall a fellow member was reporting condensation on side cameras perhaps could be a similar issue?

I would echo your first question as I am also curious…
Appreciate the response. Yeah, that’s my guess, I don’t have EAP so was a little surprised to find it happening!

With the camera warnings they cleared when it became a bit more lit and looked ok when I indicated etc on the screen so guessing it’s normal but wanted to check!

That looks great - hopefully getting mine same spec in Nov - was worried about the Geminis but think they look fine. Nice to hear that the wipers not a major issue.
I thought I’d replace them but I kinda don’t notice them in person. The car is a bit deceptive, it’s simultaneously big and small looking depend how far you are from it and if there is any other cars to compare it too

Reactions: Toblerone