Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q3 collections, new owners tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any news @Sparkie1968?

From reading this and other threads it does seem Tesla have been able to quickly find replacements in similar terminal situations. Makes you wonder how many ‘spare’ cars some on each boat, or whether it depends if others decline delivery. But either way I was sorry to read your post and wishing you all the best for a quick resolution ….. perhaps even an upgrade!

You will be able to use basic autopilot which is traffic aware cruise control (tacc).

People name their cars as the Tesla screen encourages it with a ‘name your car’ setting. Also to identify which vehicle you are controlling from the app for when you are a multi-Tesla household.
Thanks a lot for the information @Toblerone. Now have to ask my 9 year old to choose a name for the car. Won’t be surprised if it is a character from Avengers.

Could someone share the Tesla UK sales contact number? I received a call today offering a collection for this Friday!!!! My EDD is not until Nov-Dec and I want to confirm its genuine before I start running around the house giggling like a child.

Reactions: MattM76
Collected mine today Not much to add on previous reports, car in good condition, a couple of slightly bigger panel gaps but nothing that would describe as concerning. May book in for a service, may not...Will see.

The staff had parked mine alongside my favourite spec black on black so was a little bit envious to say the least! But happy with my choice. Whipped of the Gemini wheel covers as soon as I got home and replaced with Rimetrix, which look better ...but still nowhere near as good as the inductions.

I can't say I noticed a huge improvement from the test drives in terms of suspension or boominess when going over bumps...neither is a deal breaker ( our other car is a Golf R so we can live with harsher rides in return for insane performance!), I just am unconvinced that much has changed in that regard from Q1/2 cars.

Am loving the remote app functionality.

Thanks all for keeping me same over these last 5 months...it's been worth the wait.

20220927_134219.jpg

Collected mine today Not much to add on previous reports, car in good condition, a couple of slightly bigger panel gaps but nothing that would describe as concerning. May book in for a service, may not...Will see.

The staff had parked mine alongside my favourite spec black on black so was a little bit envious to say the least! But happy with my choice. Whipped of the Gemini wheel covers as soon as I got home and replaced with Rimetrix, which look better ...but still nowhere near as good as the inductions.

I can't say I noticed a huge improvement from the test drives in terms of suspension or boominess when going over bumps...neither is a deal breaker ( our other car is a Golf R so we can live with harsher rides in return for insane performance!), I just am unconvinced that much has changed in that regard from Q1/2 cars.

Am loving the remote app functionality.

Thanks all for keeping me same over these last 5 months...it's been worth the wait.

View attachment 857456
Congratulations! Unless certain VINs have improved suspension, I would fully agree that ride is similar if not same as our test drive in late March.

• Disagree
Reactions: EV-Head and Andenan
Osprey charging at £1/kWh and that terrible contactless hold might well push you to set up Bonnet sooner rather than later!

Good write up and mirrors our Q2 experience well.

We were in a little town next to Portsmouth with only two super chargers covering the entire town. However I know that 24% would have gotten us to the super chargers at Winchester. I was being very conservative and didn’t want to run out of battery 😂

Hi @MattM76 which version of autopilot do you have? Standard, Enhanced or Full Self Driving. Am getting my car tomorrow and will be travelling on M25 from west to east. Was wondering if I can engage the basic autopilot that comes with the car.

Also, why do people name their car? Is it recognised in voice command like Alexa?

I have the basic autopilot which is TACC and auto steer and honestly it’s all I need.

Had the car since yesterday. My life. What’s my options here? New tyre?
View attachment 856711

Update, tyre replaced from Kwik Fit. Had to order them in as they didn’t stock the tyres. £310 was the total cost, noticed I had another screw in the back. Luckily didn’t puncture and could pull it out safely.

They had the pucks, and knew how to lift it so that’s a bonus! But 50 miles on the clock and a £310 brings a tear to my eye!

Update, tyre replaced from Kwik Fit. Had to order them in as they didn’t stock the tyres. £310 was the total cost, noticed I had another screw in the back. Luckily didn’t puncture and could pull it out safely.

They had the pucks, and knew how to lift it so that’s a bonus! But 50 miles on the clock and a £310 brings a tear to my eye!
Glad it is sorted, thanks for sharing . Good to know Kwik Fit network is an option.

Is it exactly the same spec Hankook as the original tyres?

I once had to get a windshield replaced on a brand new car with a couple of 100 miles on the clock - it just cracked all of a sudden without any object impact.

Glad it is sorted, thanks for sharing . Good to know Kwik Fit network is an option.

Is it exactly the same spec Hankook as the original tyres?

I once had to get a windshield replaced on a brand new car with a couple of 100 miles on the clock - it just cracked all of a sudden without any object impact.
They’re Michelin Pilot Sport EVs on the 20 inch aloy. Ah man that sounds unfortunate, hopefully you didn’t have to pay for it!

Reactions: Benotomy
Congratulations! Unless certain VINs have improved suspension, I would fully agree that ride is similar if not same as our test drive in late March.
Thanks and agreed.

On the flipside the performance is blistering. I think the 0-60 of the golf is about 0.8 secs faster than the Tesla, but the Tesla feels quicker...I can only attribute that to the instantaneous acceleration you get in the Tesla vs the slightly laggier response from the Golf ( although when the Golf does take off, it more than makes up for it).

I just went for an evening takeaway run (we live in the sticks, so maybe 25 mile round-trip of dual carriageway, country roads and town centre). It feels like such an easy car to live with in any situation. And the one peddle driving definitely contributes to that.

A great car.

Adding another experience - hopefully one that is so unique, you all don’t have to experience it yourselves.

I present you: breaking the window simply by closing the door (without enough force - or some other reason I’m yet to determine).

So, my partner was getting into the car on the front passenger side. As she close the door, I don’t think she closed the door with enough force for the door to completely close, but it seems it was enough for the car to think it had close, and proceeded to wind up the window. You know how the car opens the window a centimetre or two when you open, then proceeds to close when the door is closed and flush). And we’ve all been there before where we don’t quite close it hard enough and have to reopen to close it again. In this case, she simply closed, and the window went straight up into the black door trim.

We looked it up and it appears this can happen often enough to find a few stories of exactly the same damage online. I haven’t had time to investigate on it yet so don’t want to jump to conclusions on whether this is a design fault or “user error” or not but I think I might have a case with Tesla even though the car is only a couple hundred miles and a few days old. I certainly haven’t blamed my partner who was doing something completely normal.

Needless to say, I’m gutted and I still love pretty much everything with the car. I will log it with Tesla and push my “case”. Interested if anyone else has had similar experience.

The only argument I can’t make (I’m not in the game of giving advice): it seems that if you don’t close the door hard enough to close it, but just hard enough to trigger the window to go up, this can increase the probability of the window going up into the cars frame causing it to crack.
A4781810-288A-4B12-B257-D5D7FCDEEAFC.jpeg
FCA7DBDA-614C-4494-A2AA-BCCD8F27A2EF.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks and agreed.

On the flipside the performance is blistering. I think the 0-60 of the golf is about 0.8 secs faster than the Tesla, but the Tesla feels quicker...I can only attribute that to the instantaneous acceleration you get in the Tesla vs the slightly laggier response from the Golf ( although when the Golf does take off, it more than makes up for it).

I just went for an evening takeaway run (we live in the sticks, so maybe 25 mile round-trip of dual carriageway, country roads and town centre). It feels like such an easy car to live with in any situation. And the one peddle driving definitely contributes to that.

A great car.
I swapped a Golf R for my Tesla, experience is exactly the same, theoretically slightly slower but feels quicker! Glad it’s not just my imagination, and this is without acceleration boost…

Adding another experience - hopefully one that is so unique, you all don’t have to experience it yourselves.

I present you: breaking the window simply by closing the door (without enough force - or some other reason I’m yet to determine).

So, my partner was getting into the car on the front passenger side. As she close the door, I don’t think she closed the door with enough force for the door to completely close, but it seems it was enough for the car to think it had close, and proceeded to wind up the window. You know how the car opens the window a centimetre or two when you open, then proceeds to close when the door is closed and flush). And we’ve all been there before where we don’t quite close it hard enough and have to reopen to close it again. In this case, she simply closed, and the window went straight up into the black door trim.

We looked it up and it appears this can happen often enough to find a few stories of exactly the same damage online. I haven’t had time to investigate on it yet so don’t want to jump to conclusions on whether this is a design fault or “user error” or not but I think I might have a case with Tesla even though the car is only a couple hundred miles and a few days old. I certainly haven’t blamed my partner who was doing something completely normal.

Needless to say, I’m gutted and I still love pretty much everything with the car. I will log it with Tesla and push my “case”. Interested if anyone else has had similar experience.

The only argument I can’t make (I’m not in the game of giving advice): it seems that if you don’t close the door hard enough to close it, but just hard enough to trigger the window to go up, this can increase the probability of the window going up into the cars frame causing it to crack.View attachment 857491View attachment 857492
Wow, thats a bit gutting for you, thanks for sharing.

Hopefully the mark on the doorframe will encourage Tesla to take responsibility and to repair FOC. I can say I had not heard of this before though?
Can you keep us all informed with how the conversation goes with Tesla please? Thanks.

Not like different suspension metal or extra airbag in the front???
They’re product changes, not missing features. Tesla make these changes all the time; if you’re delaying delivery for the next “change” you’re always going to be disappointed in something when Tesla changes something in the next quarter.

The amount of forum hot air, in particular, expended on “softer suspension” in particular boggle my mind. Along with the utterly baseless rumours around Model Y parcel shelves.