Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Q4 collections, tales and experiences

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my MYLR from Trafford this morning, small dirty fingerprint on a sun visor the only think spotted at that point. Since ten there is a touch of wheel imbalance at motorway speeds but nothing a service appt wont put right.... have seen this reported by quite a few people - so maybe there is a duff balancer at Shanghai.... Apart from that love the car - batch 619 so obv no USS, rides nicer than i remember the demos doing, and loving the white interior. :)

Reactions: Utumno
I was nervous yesterday as I’m in Thailand and if organised my dad to pickup the car. I wondered if Tesla would make this as easy as they said it would be (just had to email a photo of his driving license in advanced) or difficult and pleased to report everything was perfect. Took his license, asked no questions and off he went (with lots of help from me on FaceTime on how the car works!!). MYP from Birmingham.

Reactions: Sanjiv
Ok. Thought I would come back as I have a couple of weeks of ownership. On the whole I am very happy but starting to spot some little niggles.
No USS bothers me more than I thought it would.
AHB are mostly ok but come on in well lit streets.
Automatic wipers were ok until yesterday when they completely went mental over some light rain.
Today Mrs McChimp took the car to the shops. It's raining quite heavily and when she opened the boot to put the shopping in and water ran off (she thinks) the roof straight into the boot! She didn't see if it came from the boot lid or the roof as she quickly shut the boot but I would not expect that to happen.

Anyone else seen this with their model Y?

Ok. Thought I would come back as I have a couple of weeks of ownership. On the whole I am very happy but starting to spot some little niggles.
No USS bothers me more than I thought it would.
AHB are mostly ok but come on in well lit streets.
Automatic wipers were ok until yesterday when they completely went mental over some light rain.
Today Mrs McChimp took the car to the shops. It's raining quite heavily and when she opened the boot to put the shopping in and water ran off (she thinks) the roof straight into the boot! She didn't see if it came from the boot lid or the roof as she quickly shut the boot but I would not expect that to happen.

Anyone else seen this with their model Y?
AHB and wipers are way better than they were 🙈

My M3 used to drip into the boot lots. My My seems much better. Not noticed any ingress so far.

No USS is annoying and I hope they enable the Vision version soon, and it works!

My M3 used to drip into the boot lots. My My seems much better. Not noticed any ingress so far.

No USS is annoying and I hope they enable the Vision version soon, and it works!
We just had our ceramic coated which probably lends itself to the water running off easier. One saving grace is that we had the interior done too and the water sat beaded on the surface of the parcel shelf making it easy to remove.

Another thing I need to look into. We feel that the battery goes down very fast. I get that it's cold which will affect but it seems to go down quickly. I haven't investigated fully but it probably doesn't help all our journeys have been short and Mrs. McChimp insists on having everything that can heat up, turned up to full!!!

We just had our ceramic coated which probably lends itself to the water running off easier. One saving grace is that we had the interior done too and the water sat beaded on the surface of the parcel shelf making it easy to remove.

Another thing I need to look into. We feel that the battery goes down very fast. I get that it's cold which will affect but it seems to go down quickly. I haven't investigated fully but it probably doesn't help all our journeys have been short and Mrs. McChimp insists on having everything that can heat up, turned up to full!!!
This time of year you’ll see a massive difference depending on how you use the climate control. On my 16 mile commute through Liverpool, taking in 50 mph dual carriageway and 30/40 mph urban roads, with climate on Auto my MYLR was using about 300-370wh/mile.
With the climate turned off until I felt a chill or it starts to mist, then fan on 1, air directed to windscreen and feet until I can turn it off. Seats on Auto and steering wheel heating on, it drops to 230-260wh/mile.
My comfort was pretty much the same.

That’s dropping from 2.8 to 4 miles per kWh. Range between 210 and 300 miles.

I appreciate everyone I’d different, given usage, driving styles etc, but the point is you should see between 200 and 300 miles real world range. Much less and you really need to check how you’re using it.

Reactions: Chimpy McChimp

AHB have been working flawlessly for me. Can’t say the same for the wipers, when there’s any bit of rain it just doesn’t know what to do, slow or fast it’ll try them all until it gives up and either does nothing, or wipes at lightning speed…and I’m barely moving, rain only sprinkling down.

It’s really poor and every time I’ve used it, Ive ended up setting the speed manually so I can either see the road or not look stupid trying to wipe three specs of rain at lightning speed.

AHB have been working flawlessly for me. Can’t say the same for the wipers, when there’s any bit of rain it just doesn’t know what to do, slow or fast it’ll try them all until it gives up and either does nothing, or wipes at lightning speed…and I’m barely moving, rain only sprinkling down.

It’s really poor and every time I’ve used it, Ive ended up setting the speed manually so I can either see the road or not look stupid trying to wipe three specs of rain at lightning speed.
I'm finding AHB on the whole pretty good. Fast to switch off when any car approaches even when coming round corners. My issue is, they come on when driving in our town with Street lights on. But as I have posted before it depends and what the streetlights are. In our residential street full beam stays off. When I turn onto main road they come on. Only difference is the streetlights (it's not about parked cars)

I'd love to see the matrix lights implemented the way they were on my Mercedes. It was very cool the way they worked but I guess we will have to wait and see on that front.

Autowipers seemed ok in most circumstances. But a couple of days ago they just flipped out going as fast as possible for the lightest spray of rain. And not stopping when the rain stopped. BUT that was only one example and as I say. Other times they have seemed fine.

Reactions: ROTA

I use Tessie for logging all these stats to review objectively at my leisure. DM me if you want a Tessie referral code 😀

Mrs U gets about 380 Wh/mile on short winter journeys, I did Bicester > Marlow yesterday at a much more reasonable 283 Wh/mile. Bear in mind that Mrs U is basically a lizard inside (cold unless constantly irradiated).

Summertime is more like 230-240 Wh/mile for me, dropping to around 205 Wh/mile for summer urban journeys. We had a 126Wh/mile summer journey once 😀

Reactions: Chimpy McChimp
I use Tessie for logging all these stats to review objectively at my leisure. DM me if you want a Tessie referral code 😀

Mrs U gets about 380 Wh/mile on short winter journeys, I did Bicester > Marlow yesterday at a much more reasonable 283 Wh/mile. Bear in mind that Mrs U is basically a lizard inside (cold unless constantly irradiated).

Summertime is more like 230-240 Wh/mile for me, dropping to around 205 Wh/mile for summer urban journeys. We had a 126Wh/mile summer journey once 😀
How are you find battery drain from a third party device being connected to the car constantly?

Might give it a try since I don’t have access to charge stats in the Tesla app. Please send your referral :)

How are you find battery drain from a third party device being connected to the car constantly?

Might give it a try since I don’t have access to charge stats in the Tesla app. Please send your referral :)
It’s not connected to the car constantly, so there’s no discernible battery drain (the developer cleverly reads the shadow copy of data, which doesn’t wake the vehicle unless you want it to, or you’ve asked to refresh the data “live”)

Eg this report from the last 24 hours, showing an overnight charge on Octopus Go and exactly when the car was awake or sleeping (sleep time in grey). Will send a DM with a referral!

CD2BF04E-2859-4156-9110-FFD3168EF2C3.png

Reactions: ROTA

Summertime is more like 230-240 Wh/mile for me, dropping to around 205 Wh/mile for summer urban journeys. We had a 126Wh/mile summer journey once
The Tessie app is excellent, no where to hide; Tessie has your stats from the day you activated it. I can almost hear it snigger when I peruse the efficiency/ watts per mile reports. Longer trips are, of course, better, particularly if you stay more or less legal.

Quiet and largely uneventful pick-up from Trafford Centre today. Got there at ten forty for an eleven thirty pickup with no problem whatsoever..they found my car on their laptop, checked I had paid, got a signature and pressed the magic button to make my app come alive when restarted. Found my key cards in a box drawer and handed them to me, asked if I knew my reg and directed me to the section where my car was. I did the best to check it considering the spray dirt on the windows and paintwork but a light touch on any marks proved them to be just surface dirt. All looked good so far, will check more later.. one difficulty was in getting my phone to show on the Bluetooth pairing, it seemed to find everyone else’s first but the staff were happy to come and assist. They sent for a tech but when he arrived it just magically appeared on my screen, yes, he was THAT good !

I went for a run down the motorway to Cheadle and back to calibrate the cameras which completed in about fifteen minutes, then to Lidl to test shopping (!). Got home. Backed carefully into a small space very niftily using the reversing camera, attached my new type 1 to type 2 adaptor cable from EV one stop to my pod point tethered type 1 cable and away it went charging happily. I picked it up at 44% and am charging to 80% for now as I do not want no regen tomorrow morning. There were 6 miles on the odometer.

i had prepared a micro USB and have played music from one of three partitions, yet to check dashcam footage but it appeared to be recording although did say it could not open the viewer for some reason, will try again another time.

I did do about 24 miles averaging 211 Wh/mi not having floored it yet ! That must be about 7p a mile at the basic 33. Whatever per kWh I am on. I have also connected to home wifi, already downloaded but not yet installed 2022.44.30.1, watched Netflix and streamed from Spotify.

I am sure there is more fun to come.. but that’s a very satisfying start, I loved the side cameras on signalling, that was hugely impressive and the thing that imoressed me most other than the great responsiveness and road stickinesses round bends onto the motorway.

Last edited:
Quiet and largely uneventful pick-up from Trafford Centre today. Got there at ten forty for an eleven thirty pickup with no problem whatsoever..they found my car on their laptop, checked I had paid, got a signature and pressed the magic button to make my app come alive when restarted. Found my key cards in a box drawer and handed them to me, asked if I knew my reg and directed me to the section where my car was. I did the best to check it considering the spray dirt on the windows and paintwork but a light touch on any marks proved them to be just surface dirt. All looked good so far, will check more later.. one difficulty was in getting my phone to show on the Bluetooth pairing, it seemed to find everyone else’s first but the staff were happy to come and assist. They sent for a tech but when he arrived it just magically appeared on my screen, yes, he was THAT good !

I went for a run down the motorway to Cheadle and back to calibrate the cameras which completed in about fifteen minutes, then to Lidl to test shopping (!). Got home. Backed carefully into a small space very niftily using the reversing camera, attached my new type 1 to type 2 adaptor cable from EV one stop to my pod point tethered type 1 cable and away it went charging happily. I picked it up at 44% and am charging to 80% for now as I do not want no regen tomorrow morning. There were 6 miles on the odometer.

i had prepared a micro USB and have played music from one of three partitions, yet to check dashcam footage but it appeared to be recording although did say it could not open the viewer for some reason, will try again another time.

I did do about 24 miles averaging 211 Wh/mi not having floored it yet ! That must be about 7p a mile at the basic 33. Whatever per kWh I am on. I have also connected to home wifi, already downloaded but not yet installed 2022.44.30.1, watched Netflix and streamed from Spotify.

I am sure there is more fun to come.. but that’s a very satisfying start, I loved the side cameras on signalling, that was hugely impressive and the thing that imoressed me most other than the great responsiveness and road stickinesses round bends onto the motorway.
What a great way to start Christmas/The holidays. I bet the county cat had nothing on your smile today.😺

Finally picked up my M3LR on Friday from Tesla Centre Norwich after a very long wait (ordered in the 2nd week of March). Really friendly staff and apart from the weather being absolutely terrible all day and the car soaking wet when I arrived all was good. Not a single fault found after a check over and we were on our way. Car had 48% charge and 11 miles on the clock.

As a lease customer it was supposed to be home delivered but they text a few weeks ago saying their 3rd party courier was at max capacity and asked me to collect (and that they'd reimburse travel costs up to £100).

I genuinely felt like all of the painstaking months of waiting and counting down just disappeared from my brain as soon as i sat in it and drove away - its more than I could of imagined and so fun to drive.

Had no issues with setting up my phone key and connecting to WiFi, latest software update was available as soon as I got home (90 min drive) and the cameras had calibrated too. I'm moving over from a 2020 BMW 330e and there are some pros and cons, but this does feel like a very unique car. Was concerned about the lack of USS but after parking in Tesco yesterday I feel like it's just a case of being a bit more cautious and using your brain a bit more, no dramas.

The only downside I've experienced so far (if you can call it that) is the width of the seat base - it feels quite narrow and like im sitting on the bolsters almost. Nothing like the sport bucketesque seats in the BMW.

All in all, absolutely worth the wait and so very pleased!

Attachments

• 20221223_155105.jpg
    20221223_155105.jpg
    504.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20221225_082015.jpg
    20221225_082015.jpg
    630.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20221225_081919.jpg
    20221225_081919.jpg
    558.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 20221225_082131.jpg
    20221225_082131.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 58
Finally picked up my M3LR on Friday from Tesla Centre Norwich after a very long wait (ordered in the 2nd week of March). Really friendly staff and apart from the weather being absolutely terrible all day and the car soaking wet when I arrived all was good. Not a single fault found after a check over and we were on our way. Car had 48% charge and 11 miles on the clock.

As a lease customer it was supposed to be home delivered but they text a few weeks ago saying their 3rd party courier was at max capacity and asked me to collect (and that they'd reimburse travel costs up to £100).

I genuinely felt like all of the painstaking months of waiting and counting down just disappeared from my brain as soon as i sat in it and drove away - its more than I could of imagined and so fun to drive.

Had no issues with setting up my phone key and connecting to WiFi, latest software update was available as soon as I got home (90 min drive) and the cameras had calibrated too. I'm moving over from a 2020 BMW 330e and there are some pros and cons, but this does feel like a very unique car. Was concerned about the lack of USS but after parking in Tesco yesterday I feel like it's just a case of being a bit more cautious and using your brain a bit more, no dramas.

The only downside I've experienced so far (if you can call it that) is the width of the seat base - it feels quite narrow and like im sitting on the bolsters almost. Nothing like the sport bucketesque seats in the BMW.

All in all, absolutely worth the wait and so very pleased!
Looks great! I wish I could have picked mine up from Norwich, I had to go to Brent Cross after they failed to deliver it! And I live 30mins from Norwich 😅
And I’ve still got nowhere with the reimbursement, no response whatsoever from the email address they gave.

Just ticked over 2000 miles since collection so a rough summary:

In short, love it, but not as much as my 4 year old.

Comfort - very happy with the seats, the auto levels to the seat heating have been a lovely thing to have in the cold weather, combined with how fast the steering wheel heats up I can keep the climate set to a comfortable 19 on (auto) low speed. Still tinkering with the seat and steering wheel to get just the right spot, feels like I have almost hit that one! As for suspension, firm but not harsh or crashy I suspect the 19" wheels help with that a bit.

Driving - I do 110ish miles per day mostly motorway but some A road and B road in there too, from what i am used to previously the MY is a tall car but feels like it is on rails most of the time. Auto pilot is great on the motorway but way too skittish anywhere else, or at least to my liking. turning circle is just woeful but a very minor annoyance. Update with the auto cancelling indicators is genius but I am most looking forward to eventually getting the blended breaking.

Practicality - so much space! It was nice to discover that the forward part of the boot floor can hold the cables and emergency kit thing so that’s now nicely out of the way. Picked up a family shop, all bags were secreted away either under the floor or under the bonnet leaving space to then will the boot with wood (after taking out the parcel shelf). It's just cavernous, the previous Octavia IV would swallow anything we put at it but the MY is just in a different league.

Efficiency - 2049 miles in and I have averaged 288m/kWh and got 276m/kWh this morning in a bit of a rush... before the weather took a turn average was 265m/kWh, no doubt this will improve as I get more use to the best way to treat it. Ohme Home Pro kicks out 32.6kWh over a 4 hour charge window so enough to keep it with plenty of range for my daily use without having to resort to peak charging hours.

As someone who spends quite a lot of time in the car and needs family practicality its just about the perfect vehicle.

Sorry for the rambling, as you can tell I am no professional writer so please excuse the terrible grammar!

Just ticked over 2000 miles since collection so a rough summary:

In short, love it, but not as much as my 4 year old.

Comfort - very happy with the seats, the auto levels to the seat heating have been a lovely thing to have in the cold weather, combined with how fast the steering wheel heats up I can keep the climate set to a comfortable 19 on (auto) low speed. Still tinkering with the seat and steering wheel to get just the right spot, feels like I have almost hit that one! As for suspension, firm but not harsh or crashy I suspect the 19" wheels help with that a bit.

Driving - I do 110ish miles per day mostly motorway but some A road and B road in there too, from what i am used to previously the MY is a tall car but feels like it is on rails most of the time. Auto pilot is great on the motorway but way too skittish anywhere else, or at least to my liking. turning circle is just woeful but a very minor annoyance. Update with the auto cancelling indicators is genius but I am most looking forward to eventually getting the blended breaking.

Practicality - so much space! It was nice to discover that the forward part of the boot floor can hold the cables and emergency kit thing so that’s now nicely out of the way. Picked up a family shop, all bags were secreted away either under the floor or under the bonnet leaving space to then will the boot with wood (after taking out the parcel shelf). It's just cavernous, the previous Octavia IV would swallow anything we put at it but the MY is just in a different league.

Efficiency - 2049 miles in and I have averaged 288m/kWh and got 276m/kWh this morning in a bit of a rush... before the weather took a turn average was 265m/kWh, no doubt this will improve as I get more use to the best way to treat it. Ohme Home Pro kicks out 32.6kWh over a 4 hour charge window so enough to keep it with plenty of range for my daily use without having to resort to peak charging hours.

As someone who spends quite a lot of time in the car and needs family practicality its just about the perfect vehicle.

Sorry for the rambling, as you can tell I am no professional writer so please excuse the terrible grammar!
That’s a great write up, thanks. And thank you for reminding me of the forward under boot stowage. I need to reduce the amount that’s permanently resident in the frunk.