Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy all Quad Citians! Great news, there’s now an official owners club in Iowa! The official Tesla website just listed it last night Electric Cars, Solar Panels & Clean Energy Storage | Tesla and the point of contact (Paul) is asking for those interested to contact him with their desire to be a member. Membership does require a VIN (which makes sense as it’s an “owners” club) but does not cost (as far as I know). I’ve been in touch with Paul myself and am really excited about this! Hoping that this post will find more QC owners that would like to join and will help spread the word.

Thanks all and have a great, blessed weekend.
I just sent Paul my info. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: TQCLove
On my way home minutes ago I saw a Tesla ranger van parked near Hurts Donuts. I decided to stop in thinking it would be Michael (based in/near Westmont) or James (based near Ames), both of whom I’ve met and had out at the house for my car or my wife’s. I thought I’d say hello.
Turns out it’s another ranger named Eric and I’m very excited to say he is stationed HERE in the QC. That’s awesome! I mean, I know we just schedule an appointment and they show up when we want, but this will be great for the rangers and not having to drive so much. Great that the QC area now has its own ranger!

Reactions: jgillispie
Had a chance to meet up with Paul from Tesla Owners Club Iowa on Friday (5/17) at the Davenport Supercharger! Also had @2012MS85 and my buddy Dan (Model 3 owner) join us, which was awesome. We had a good, short meet up where we talked about ideas for the club and just enjoyed the time. I’m waiting for some pics with all of us in them to show up in my inbox, but for now I got this one to share. We didn’t plan this but ended up with the lineup of red, white and blue, topped off with Dan’s midnight silver showing his veteran plates with the American flag (thank you for your service Dan!)
Tesla Quad Cities on Instagram: “Tesla Owners Club Iowa meet up at the Davenport, Iowa Supercharger.”

Want to post about an upcoming event in Decorah, Iowa on Saturday, June 8th that was sent to me by Tesla Owners Club Iowa founder, Paul Julstrom. The second annual FEST(EV)AL will take place at the Winneshiek County Fairgrounds - Danan Lansing Building from 9am to 1pm.

Fest(EV)al 2019 – Winneshiek Energy District

Unfortunately, I have prior obligations and won’t be able to make it, and Paul will actually be in Fremont in a Tesla factory tour (!!) but I did want to get this posted so that others could see it and perhaps make it out to Decorah and meet up.

Hope that some of you make it, enjoy your time and share with us how it went!

Last edited by a moderator:
Want to post about an upcoming event in Decorah, Iowa on Saturday, June 8th that was sent to me by Tesla Owners Club Iowa founder, Paul Julstrom. The second annual FEST(EV)AL will take place at the Winneshiek County Fairgrounds - Danan Lansing Building from 9am to 1pm.

Fest(EV)al 2019 – Winneshiek Energy District

Unfortunately, I have prior obligations and won’t be able to make it, and Paul will actually be in Fremont in a Tesla factory tour (!!) but I did want to get this posted so that others could see it and perhaps make it out to Decorah and meet up.

Hope that some of you make it, enjoy your time and share with us how it went!

Eek. I'll be in Decorah that weekend for a craft beer event; going to have a hard time finding juice. There are only 4 chargers in town that I'm aware of, all Chargepoint with low end L2 speeds. Two at the college library and two at the Fairfield Inn(supposed to be for guest only but they have let me use before).

• Informative
I am super proud to say that I finally accomplished a very procrastinated goal of mine and got a website posted for the Quad Cities area! https://www.teslaquadcities.com/

My hope is that traffic there will end up checking out/signing up for the linked forum on the site in order to connect with others in and around the QC area... hoping to meet other owners, fans, enthusiasts, etc. to, share helpful information, like stories about services such as tint, PPF, ceramic, tire rotation, electricians, etc. (both good and bad experiences) and really just to try and grow the knowledge and understanding of Tesla in our area.
If you like the idea, please consider sharing this news! Thank you!

Nice start on the QC web site!

Well since the soonest I would get the car is early next year, assuming I don't wait for the dual motor version, the trip would be next summer. By then there should be a number of M3s running around the QCs.

I am _finally_ going to do a road trip to the QC in my Model 3. Should be in the area around the beginning of September.

This is great, I know I haven't been around for a while but should be around more frequently. The website looks great and can't wait to see it grow. Definitely need to meet some others from the area.
Thank you! Website building isn't really something I know how to do so I used a site called Wix and had it help me a great deal, lol. Glad it turned out the way it did. :)

I'll be there.

Before that I've got a question:
Is the Tesla Ranger the best way to go for a tire rotation, and if so how much do they charge? Or is there some place locally that has experience with Tesla that would be more reasonably priced?
I had a ranger out for some other work and when he saw my mileage he decided to rotate mine for me. Though he didn't charge me, I've heard/found this is not a guarantee ... seems it's really hit and miss. Some people get charged, some don't. I had to buy the "trunk garnish" for my car that others got for free so I consider that a wash. lol.
I also know that @2012MS85 has used Tires Plus off of Kimberly (sort of close to North Park) and would likely recommend them.
I'm likely going to get a couple harbor freight low profile jacks, a torque wrench and a ceramic socket before I need another rotation and just do it myself.

I'll be there.

Before that I've got a question:
Is the Tesla Ranger the best way to go for a tire rotation, and if so how much do they charge? Or is there some place locally that has experience with Tesla that would be more reasonably priced?

I used Costco for my last tire work. I don't live in the QC anymore so I cant say if the one in Davenport is trained/capable of Tesla's yet like the ones in Chicagoland area. They did only fill the tires to 35.