Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raleigh, NC waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The saga continues. Apparently the truck to get the cars from Charlotte to Raleigh for direct delivery simply did not show up today. No notice, no anything. As of 3:15, they were still waiting on the truck and would neither confirm that delivery was not happening today or that it would occur tomorrow. Feeling like I'm constantly in limbo and no one has any idea what's going on is the worst part of this whole experience.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
The saga continues. Apparently the truck to get the cars from Charlotte to Raleigh for direct delivery simply did not show up today. No notice, no anything. As of 3:15, they were still waiting on the truck and would neither confirm that delivery was not happening today or that it would occur tomorrow. Feeling like I'm constantly in limbo and no one has any idea what's going on is the worst part of this whole experience.
Sorry to hear that - I am afraid to open up a can of worms on my car , which says late September delivery lol

@jdmasters i also got the call to pay for the car completely yesterday evening and *then* they can schedule delivery for an unknown time. Andrew emailed me a MVPA which now has a “final price sheet” section and I sent that to the credit union and I am hoping to get a check today. The order agreement on my Tesla page is not updated, I only got this better MVPA via direct email.

Well I got the “you’re going to get home delivery, and have to pay everything beforehand” email but with no further information on timing. Sent several questions including one about lease turn in which I wanted to do at the same time. I’m guessing like trade in people I’ll have to take care of my current car separately.

For those of you trading in, do you just take your plate with you and you can put it on your new vehicle?

Skibum81, sorry to hear your delivery fell through. My delivery is scheduled for 9/26. No other info yet (no VIN). I think I can get insurance with a phone call but need a VIN. More patience for now.

Does anyone know of a list of what to check at delivery?

Skibum81, sorry to hear your delivery fell through. My delivery is scheduled for 9/26. No other info yet (no VIN). I think I can get insurance with a phone call but need a VIN. More patience for now.

Does anyone know of a list of what to check at delivery?
Did you call the Raleigh SC and just straight up ask them for your VIN? You do not have to wait for your IDA to provide the VIN. It is in your "account", and anyone at Tesla can provide it to you. If they won't give it, call another SC, give them your e-mail address and ask them for it. You should get it within 1-3 calls.

Another update...

Dropped my trade-in off at Raleigh.

While I was there I asked, without mentioning the stupidity I went through with the IDA and adding FSD, "Hey, can you still add FSD to my car at this point even though it's about to be delivered without delaying anything? I haven't e-signed the MVPA yet"

Local Tesla delivery guy- "Sure. No problem. I'll submit that and you should get an updated MVPA soon."

Now, hopefully, he's right.

I also emailed my IDA to tell him both the payment and the trade in had been turned over to Raleigh.... and could he let me know my ACTUAL delivery date, and confirm the "in Charlotte on Sept 23" one in my tesla.com account isn't valid?

Got an out of office reply. :(

Supposedly he's back tomorrow though.

PS, I got the VIN by calling the Raleigh office and they don't have a delivery date. Not sure splitting delivery between Raleigh and Nevada is a good idea. Without any definite information I guess I must put my Tesla seeking aside for a while and see what happens ...

Reactions: Randy7fx
Question, how are license plates handled with Tesla? I have a custom plate that I want to transfer from my current car.
Make sure you tell your rep. A couple of days before my deliver I said off hand, "I assume since you're taking my trade-in you'll just move my plate over" and they went "You told us just in time, we have to file things differently to do a plate transfer." They wanted a photo of the plate.

Make sure you tell your rep. A couple of days before my deliver I said off hand, "I assume since you're taking my trade-in you'll just move my plate over" and they went "You told us just in time, we have to file things differently to do a plate transfer." They wanted a photo of the plate.

Thanks. I sent an email to my guy in Vegas and he said there would be no problem.

(crossposted with the Charlotte thread)

Here's a fun update... my IDA has been telling me for a week or so all NC deliveries are home delivery now.

But Tesla account says I have a delivery date Sunday Sept 23 in Charlotte. (which is a 3 hour drive)

My IDA is out of office per his email (I emailed him yesterday to see if he could clear this up).

I called the listed # for Charlotte and I think the VRU dumped me into the generic 800 # for tesla- not positive on that but sure felt like a generic phone support line not a local place.

She said it "looked" like that delivery date was right, then asked me to wait while she reached out to my IDA, whom of course she then couldn't reach.

When I asked if she can at least confirm the car is IN Charlotte right now she said "It's on its way TO the service center in Charlotte"

Which would be true regardless of if I was getting home delivery or picking it up from there. So no real help.

Anybody know a way to insure I can reach someone actually AT the Charlotte location with the VRU options?

It'd really suck to drive 3 hours and then get blank stares from folks not expecting me.

But it'd also suck if that's a real appointment somehow and I don't show up.

I received a congratulatory call today to finalize planning and delivery.

- Delivery changed to home for 9/25 (instead of 9/27 at the Raleigh center). VIN is 663XX.
- My electrician is coming tomorrow to install my HPWC
- Gotta finish cleaning out the garage! :eek:

More to come.

Reactions: Knightshade
(crossposted with the Charlotte thread)

Here's a fun update... my IDA has been telling me for a week or so all NC deliveries are home delivery now.

But Tesla account says I have a delivery date Sunday Sept 23 in Charlotte. (which is a 3 hour drive)

My IDA is out of office per his email (I emailed him yesterday to see if he could clear this up).

I called the listed # for Charlotte and I think the VRU dumped me into the generic 800 # for tesla- not positive on that but sure felt like a generic phone support line not a local place.

She said it "looked" like that delivery date was right, then asked me to wait while she reached out to my IDA, whom of course she then couldn't reach.

When I asked if she can at least confirm the car is IN Charlotte right now she said "It's on its way TO the service center in Charlotte"

Which would be true regardless of if I was getting home delivery or picking it up from there. So no real help.

Anybody know a way to insure I can reach someone actually AT the Charlotte location with the VRU options?

It'd really suck to drive 3 hours and then get blank stares from folks not expecting me.

But it'd also suck if that's a real appointment somehow and I don't show up.
Call the Charlotte location around 10:30 in the morning, and press option 3. I always get the people there on the location that way.

• Helpful
Reactions: Knightshade
@Skibum81
Did you get your car yet? Mine is supposed to be in Raleigh today (Friday). Hopefully, yours is on the same carrier. I'll call later on to see if it actually made it. And yes, talking to Mike seemed to help -- my car was definitely in limbo. It's been in Charlotte for 5 weeks now. The battery is probably dead by now -- they'll have to push it to the detailing bay. :)