Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since when have I made funny picture jokes of other members? Of myself, sure. Of TMC memes, sure. Of other members? I'm not sure I have.
It occurred to me, I never received any reputation points for the brown Model X nose concept Photoshop that took quite a moment to make, but some guy making a cheap joke of it did. I really should spend my time more productively vis-a-vis reputation gathering! Some jokes on other members perhaps...? ;)

AnxietyRanger, have you heard of the quote, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? Also, it's a good quality to be able to laugh at oneself and at our idiocratic/individualistic characteristics. You should treat it as a compliment.

It is ironic that you never received any reputation points. But you probably received a lot more reputation points in general, so most people (like myself) were not allowed (by the forum) to give you any additional reputation points.

And if that is not enough to cheer you up, like MassModel3, I also spent about 20 seconds trying to tell the difference between the images. :redface:
You have to be somewhat amused by all these people squinting at your photos, trying to find some difference that just isn't there.

It is ironic that you never received any reputation points. But you probably received a lot more reputation points in general, so most people (like myself) were not allowed (by the forum) to give you any additional reputation points.

Oh, I'm sure now that he brought it to everyone's attention, he's received reputation points. :)

The whole reputation point thing is fun, but there really is no free pony from the catalog (sorry to burst bubbles). I've found that I rarely get reputation for the stuff where I've put personal time in (like contacting Tesla for someone or writing letters or organizing chademo adapters for groups before release or or or), but DO get it for lightening up the mood or calling out the elephant in the room. I'm sure others have different experiences.

AnxietyRanger, have you heard of the quote, "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"? Also, it's a good quality to be able to laugh at oneself and at our idiocratic/individualistic characteristics. You should treat it as a compliment.

Agree. I'm sure AR has seen this one before:
finns_emotional_coldness.jpg

And if that is not enough to cheer you up, like MassModel3, I also spent about 20 seconds trying to tell the difference between the images. :redface:
You have to be somewhat amused by all these people squinting at your photos, trying to find some difference that just isn't there.

Nah. True obsession would be to paste all 20 images as layers into an image processing app, to find any differing pixels. :biggrin:

What is REALLY funny, there were two variants of the image: One with and one without a license plate. A more educated joke would have used both. ;)

As for jokes about self, I'm all for them. It is often harder to laugh at your own cost - than at the cost of others.

Laughing at the cost of others is easy, of course.

It occurred to me, I never received any reputation points for the brown Model X nose concept Photoshop that took quite a moment to make, but some guy making a cheap joke of it did. I really should spend my time more productively vis-a-vis reputation gathering! Some jokes on other members perhaps...? ;)

I hope that your desire for reputation points for the brown Model X nose concept Photoshop is the first joke on other members

I hope that your desire for reputation points for the brown Model X nose concept Photoshop is the first joke on other members

FWIW, I have no desire for reputation points. :) And no, I haven't received any for the photo. That's not a problem.

I had a problem with being made fun of when all I attempted was contributing a little. My point was the bully got rep, which I found ironic.

like my car excisions

Maybe the fact that the car itself is so great, makes things that are not as refined especially stand out.

Or maybe some people just like to complain, or thrive on conflict. I know more than a few people that are like that.

I love my car too, and bringing concerns to light is a good thing, but I agree things have gone way overboard here lately.

Great thread...although I do sympathize with the P85D folks and understand where they're coming from.

Having true car ADD and being a complete ICE car performance nut, I can unequivocally say that the 70D is the absolute best daily driver I have ever owned.

The one feeling I get that I don't get in any other car I've owned (including multiple 911 turbos, Audi R8 V10, etc) is the absolute gut feeling that: I'm driving the future. It's as if I've stolen a car from 2025.

Why?....the overwhelming majority of P85D owners are more than satisfied with the performance of their cars....in a quarter mile, it beats the crap outta practically all other vehicles...

Gallery | Race the Runway 2015

How do we manage to get off-topic talk of Eds moved to the Eds thread, and then go off topic again?

AR, I doubt cgiGuy was out to bully you regardless of who chimed in and how quickly he responded to you. Harping on about it in other threads is unnecessary though. Let's let it go and get back to granular dissection of our former forum-mate's words, shall we?

Self explanatory Brian...look at the number of folks who signed the letter, vs. those who haven't...not even close!

If you're going to assert, please post backing data.

- - - Updated - - -

The biggest problem with owning a Tesla vehicle is that there is no competition of interest to replace them if they fail as a company. As such, every significant misstep by the company is stressful. The best coping mechanism I know of for this stress is to make sure management (1) is aware of such missteps, (2) endeavors to correct them quickly and appropriately, and (3) avoids them in the future. Of those 3, only the first is something I can directly impact. I think others that have raised concerns feel similarly.

Status
Not open for further replies.