Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

random chitchat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you guys would be best-served taking those negotiations/discussions to PM. This isn't really the venue for it.

I can appreciate that. The problem is, PMs get even less answers. :) Now, about those beers...

- - - Updated - - -

I saw them there Saturday also. Took a couple pix as they left but none up close. Is it cool to post them? Just some shots from the back. Didn't want to incur any wrath. It's an imposing rear end. Loved the custom car cover. It even seals the car side plug from rain (if we ever get any more). The crew was definitely chowing down on junk food. The Petaluma charger has quite an assortment to choose from. There was a number 35 on the driver's side by the window. All the windows were blacked out. Glad to see this in road test mode but so happy I bought my S 2 years ago and didn't wait for the X.

Yes, please. And post full-res so we can I-spy! :)

I'm all for defending Tesla and love my model S more than any other car I've owned but don't understand the blind defense of the car that happens in this forum.

I'm with you.

It seems like some people on this forum think the purpose of this forum is to promote the Model S and Tesla. To me, that's not the purpose of a club for the owners of a particular car. Its to share info and spread knowledge about the car. Not to attack it, and not to defend it. But you read a lot of shockingly defensive posts here. I point them out and take a lot of abuse for it, but I feel I'm doing my part to keep the discussion open. You see a lot of people forced into apologizing for criticizing Tesla on this forum. You even felt the need to state you love your Model S in your post. Its amazing how much power there is in social groups to force people to conform.

New Tesla Fatality - Single Car Accident.

Electricfan: The self congratulation for being the only 'honest' person out there among a sea of blind followers charge gets a little old too. People criticize Tesla all the time without taking a lot of heat. Sure, people will voice their opinion about how they enjoy their car of Tesla but that isn't shouting Telsa down or forcing them to conform.

Why didn't you include the entire quote? That comment was in reference to he post being moved out of the Model S section to Roadster (later to Tesla forum) when there was confusion about what model he was driving. No evil defense of Tesla there.

I'm fascinated that I made my original post under Model S subforum but it appears the entire thread was moved to the Roadster subforum when there is no evidence that he was in a Roadster. His cover photo on his facebook page is a model S, and he appears to be sitting in a model S in the photo used for his obit. I'm all for defending Tesla and love my model S more than any other car I've owned but don't understand the blind defense of the car that happens in this forum. It is inevitable that fatalities will happen in the model S, my post was simply pointing out the existence of one of them.

Last edited:
It seems like some people on this forum think the purpose of this forum is to promote the Model S and Tesla. To me, that's not the purpose of a club for the owners of a particular car. Its to share info and spread knowledge about the car. Not to attack it, and not to defend it. But you read a lot of shockingly defensive posts here. I point them out and take a lot of abuse for it, but I feel I'm doing my part to keep the discussion open. You see a lot of people forced into apologizing for criticizing Tesla on this forum. You even felt the need to state you love your Model S in your post. Its amazing how much power there is in social groups to force people to conform.

Electricfan: The self congratulation for being the only 'honest' person out there among a sea of blind followers charge gets a little old too. People criticize Tesla all the time without taking a lot of heat. Sure, people will voice their opinion about how they enjoy their car of Tesla but that isn't shouting Telsa down or forcing them to conform.

Why didn't you include the entire quote? That comment was in reference to he post being moved out of the Model S section to Roadster (later to Tesla forum) when there was confusion about what model he was driving. No evil defense of Tesla there.

I think the better question is why did Electricfan dig up a 4 month old dead thread to post something unrelated to the thread topic?

Banishing my own post here where the pun won't stink up the discussion elsewhere.

ZO7UD86.jpg

Jokes aside, the post with 20 photos did nothing but waste part of my mobile data allocation. It was inconsiderate at best.

Actually, your browser caches the image and displays the same one repeatedly on your screen (since it's the same exact picture). But, ok.. I reduced it for to 5 to still maintain the point of the post. Sorry, I'll add smiley face too for the obligatory "in good fun" message.

Actually, your browser caches the image and displays the same one repeatedly on your screen (since it's the same exact picture). But, ok.. I reduced it for to 5 to still maintain the point of the post. Sorry, I'll add smiley face too for the obligatory "in good fun" message.

Thanks, 5 makes the point without punishing my scrolling thumb. :)

Jokes aside, the post with 20 photos did nothing but waste part of my mobile data allocation. It was inconsiderate at best.

If that's a problem, you have a whole bunch of people to notify - because it seems a lot of people like to repost other's pics when quoting (or even worse, repeatedly post their own pics again and again in multiple threads).

:)

If that's a problem, you have a whole bunch of people to notify - because it seems a lot of people like to repost other's pics when quoting (or even worse, repeatedly post their own pics again and again in multiple threads).

:)

Hey, who's side are you on...???

(just kidding, bonnie)

Actually, much (most?) of my frustration is that I actually thought there was a reason for the multiple postings. I was looking for differences in the first 3, 4, 5 photos. Then I realized he was messin' with us and I got a bit miffed. I still think 20 copies if a bit much, but that's my story. (Thanks for removing 75% of those, though.)

Hey, who's side are you on...???

(just kidding, bonnie)

Actually, much (most?) of my frustration is that I actually thought there was a reason for the multiple postings. I was looking for differences in the first 3, 4, 5 photos. Then I realized he was messin' with us and I got a bit miffed. I still think 20 copies if a bit much, but that's my story. (Thanks for removing 75% of those, though.)

-laughing- You really were looking for differences? Nuh UH! You need help. Serious help, my friend. :) Thanks for the chuckle.

AnxietyRanger said:
Totally unnecessary, but if it makes you feel better.
C'mon AR lighten up, you can take a joke can't you? And after all you took plenty of liberties commenting on other people's posting styles last week.

Since when have I made funny picture jokes of other members? Of myself, sure. Of TMC memes, sure. Of other members? I'm not sure I have.

I have no problem with discussion on my posting style, as we did on the thread itself. I agreed there probably turned out to be too many copies (and variants) of that picture, but it was not intentional. I could probably have used more links in that case, for example. I use pictures and links as shorthand to explain a point, the intent actually - ironically - is to repeat less, not repeat more by referring to existing content. But making only fun of posting style? Well, I guess I don't like bullies. I would think my contributions to mule analysis in that very same thread would warrant at least a serious comment.

What I find a little funny and unfortunate at the same time is my posting style seems to gather more attention than the actual content and intent of my posts - trying to add to our collective pool of Model X knowledge. But sure, as I've learned on TMC over the past year, some people like jokes and off-topic more than they like analyzing (sorry, speculating!) the Model X. Not all need the attention to detail - and not all like it. That's fair, of course, but making fun of it just discourages contribution.

If you think posting style is fair game for jokes from now on, I could produce "funny" pictures as much as the next guy, should be plenty of fodder there... I'm not the only member on TMC that is easy to caricaturize. No? Probably not a good idea. In any case, probably futile as I have long since given up hope of any moderator attention when a message addressed to me is insulting. Do the opposite and face an army of moderation. :) That's just the way it rolls here.

It occurred to me, I never received any reputation points for the brown Model X nose concept Photoshop that took quite a moment to make, but some guy making a cheap joke of it did. I really should spend my time more productively vis-a-vis reputation gathering! Some jokes on other members perhaps...? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.