Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Random Model S sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha not sure. Never even heard of the make! Seemed like the person was pretty proud of it since he wrapped the whole car advertising it being electric.

BYD = "Build Your Dreams," a Chinese car maker that once had ambitious plans for selling electric cars in the US. Warren Buffett was a major investor. It didn't really work out, obvs.

How China's Electric Car Dreams Became A PR Nightmare In America

But they are still around:

New Rules Lift BYDs Electric-Car Sales - WSJ

Not so random at the Hamilton SC but a nice new loaded P85+ in Pearl White!
syvede3e.jpg

I thought this was interesting. On my way to work I saw a Tesla Taxi!!!. Unfortunately the picture is not very good and I didn't get the name of the Taxi service. I only saw "Taxi" as it drove by.
IMG_3561.JPG

Update: This is apparently the owner of a Taxi service and not a Taxi. Oh well....

Last edited:
Yesterday (Wed, 8/6):

- In NoVA: White S on 267 Eastbound close to 495 at about 8:15am.

-In MD: Another White S on the 270 spur South in Rockville at about 5:15PM.... tried to get my window down for a thumbs-up in time as I was on the merge ramp...

Random sighting, I promise. Cross my heart and hope to crash my Tesla. Btrflyl8e and her boyfriend came to downtown St. Pete to meet me for dinner tonight. They took me to someplace that has a mac & cheese & BBQ sandwich. (I think maybe BBQ is the only thing she ever eats.) After dinner we walk up Beach Drive for gelato, of course. On the way back she spots (props to Btrflyl8e) a red Model S across the street. She says hey, those are 19s, that must be xhawk101’s car.

I don’t care whose car it is, I’m crossing the street to snap a picture for a random sighting and Btrflyl8e wants to make sure they are Rial Luganos. As we get closer and I take out my phone, the horn starts beeping and the lights are flashing. We can’t see who is doing it, but obviously they must be watching us. I get my picture.

IMAG0430.jpg

As we turn to walk back across the street, xhawk101 and his partner are heading towards us. We all say something like “Ha ha, very funny honking the horn and flashing the lights when you knew we were looking at your car.” He says “No, I forgot where it was and was trying to find it.” Fun little meetup on a hot muggy night in Florida. And truly random.

Last edited: