Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Raven LR vs LR Plus range issue: car value

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So in our rather small sample with somewhat anecdotal data (not complaining) is the following correct.?

1 X 2019 early R LR rev E bat.
1 X 2020 R LR rev E bat.
1 X 2020 R LR > LR+ rev F. bat.

All on 2020.28.1 (/2).
All saw indicated range increase to 375 miles approx.
Some evidence that indicated efficiency for low speed city runs has improved.

FWIW, my efficiency not shown any significant change, still at 280wh/mile.

If the above is correct, I think @BESLA may have another 'indicated range' increase still to come, maybe to 495 miles. Not sure about @Lorians. And my early R LR is probably done with positive changes!

I read comments about indicated range changes not being possible without EPA approval (or words to that effect). I'm not sure how that relates to European cars, and neither can I see how it effects cars that have already been sold based on a lower range. Surely no owner could claim loss or harm due to getting a higher range indicated after they purchased?

So I can see that range claims made on the window sticker in the 'States could not be increased without some evidence to support the claim, just increasing what a range display shows doesn't seem to present a similar issue unless it has some contractual significance.

Last edited:
So in our rather small sample with somewhat anecdotal data (not complaining) is the following correct.?

1 X 2019 early R LR rev E bat.
1 X 10/2019 R LR rev E bat.
1 X 2020 R LR > LR+ rev F. bat.

All on 2020.28.1 (/2).
All saw indicated range increase to 375 miles approx.
Some evidence that indicated efficiency for low speed city runs has improved.

FWIW, my efficiency not shown any significant change, still at 280wh/mile.

If the above is correct, I think @BESLA may have another 'indicated range' increase still to come, maybe to 395 miles. Not sure about @Lorians. And my early R LR is probably done with positive changes!

I read comments about indicated range changes not being possible without EPA approval (or words to that effect). I'm not sure how that relates to European cars, and neither can I see how it effects cars that have already been sold based on a lower range. Surely no owner could claim loss or harm due to getting a higher range indicated after they purchased?

So I can see that range claims made on the window sticker in the 'States could not be increased without some evidence to support the claim, just increasing what a range display shows doesn't seem to present a similar issue unless it has some contractual significance.

@Battpower: I took the liberty to correct some details in you post probably only typo..and added month of delivery for mine.

Overall essentially agree.

Thank you!

Reactions: Battpower
recently did some highway driving and averaged 164watt/km .Also completed first 1000 kms !!!
full

Reactions: Lorians
Hi Guys
I am planning to buy Model S Raven long range from April 2020 (in the Netherlands) and the current range if I see on the display after 100% charge is around 560 km. It has type F battery I checked it. But I dont see any where that it is now Long range plus? Or it is not at all LR+..bit confused 😕. Can someone shed some light-if I read up from Lorian And Battpower that after software update it can become LR+? Is it true. Any way to confirm if it is indeed LR+ now?
Thank you for you help👍

Enjoy the Tesla you own and the range it provides.

Tesla has a policy of continous improvement. When ever a improvemtent is available, it is implemented on the assembly line. You cannot turn back the clock and get all these improvemtents on your existing car. Tesla does offer a free service, where if the improvement can be made with Over The Air updates, they will do so.

Often pricing and value is determined by external factors, such as government rebates, demand, production costs, and competition.

Tesla has no obligation to make everyones existing car better that the day it was produced. That they do this through free OTA updates is a bonus.

Enjoy the Tesla you own and the range it provides.

Tesla has a policy of continous improvement. When ever a improvemtent is available, it is implemented on the assembly line. You cannot turn back the clock and get all these improvemtents on your existing car. Tesla does offer a free service, where if the improvement can be made with Over The Air updates, they will do so.

Often pricing and value is determined by external factors, such as government rebates, demand, production costs, and competition.

Tesla has no obligation to make everyones existing car better that the day it was produced. That they do this through free OTA updates is a bonus.

Tesla price cuts have vastly increased the depreciation on the Model S.

"Lost" 30 grand in 15 months. Not even worth USD 69420.00 anymore.

In 6 years, this won't matter. Hope I am able to keep it that long. Any mandatory visit to a SvC will probably cause me to sell the car.