Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Real World 0-60 for Plaid & Long Range WITHOUT Cheetah Launch Mode turned on?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to figure out the real world difference in 0-60 acceleration between the new Long Range model v. the Plaid Model S WITHOUT being in a special launch mode?

I ask this questions as I don't want to have to tap on the screen to put the car in a special launch mode, so I am wondering if both cars are in their fastest mode (Ludicrous or Plaid or whatever the highest acceleration mode is) how fast does each one do 0-60?

In other words, in my P85D I just keep it in insane mode all the time and 0-60 is around 3.2. I am wondering what the Plaid and Long Range 0-60 would be WITHOUT having to put them in a special launch mode?

Does anybody know?

Long Range has no special launch mode. And the Tesla site shows 3.1 0-60 for Long Range. So assuming its like today's long range, no special prep or modes needed to achieve the 3.1

Cant speak for the non launch mode times of the Plaid as its not listed on teslas site and I dont think anyone has reviewed that aspect (non launch mode 0-60) yet..

• Disagree
Reactions: foos and bhzmark
I am trying to figure out the real world difference in 0-60 acceleration between the new Long Range model v. the Plaid Model S without being in a special launch mode?

I ask this questions as I don't want to have to tap on the screen to put the car in a special launch mode, so I am wondering if both cars are in their fastest mode (Ludicrous) how fast does each one do 0-60?

Does anybody know?
LR 3.1 without rollout since that’s how they measure non-performance vehicles.

Someone with a Plaid model will need to chime in after a Draggy run.

Short answer: no one knows yet.

Reactions: byeLT4
I am trying to figure out the real world difference in 0-60 acceleration between the new Long Range model v. the Plaid Model S WITHOUT being in a special launch mode?

I ask this questions as I don't want to have to tap on the screen to put the car in a special launch mode, so I am wondering if both cars are in their fastest mode (Ludicrous or Plaid or whatever the highest acceleration mode is) how fast does each one do 0-60?

In other words, in my P85D I just keep it in insane mode all the time and 0-60 is around 3.2. I am wondering what the Plaid and Long Range 0-60 would be WITHOUT having to put them in a special launch mode?

Does anybody know?
I am pretty sure it will be below 3s, probably 2.5s for plaid? Once it's below 3s, it really does not matter too much in daily drive.

So essentially Plaid S 0-60 times are:

Drag Strip Mode / Cheetah launch / With 1 foot of rollout deducted / prepped surface = 1.98s
Drag Strip Mode / Cheetah launch / Without 1 foot of rollout deducted / prepped surface = 2.07s

No Drag Strip Mode / No Cheetah launch / With 1 foot of rollout deducted / asphalt surface = ~2.3x (extrapolated assumption)
No Drag Strip Mode / No Cheetah launch / Without 1 foot of rollout deducted / asphalt surface = 2.45s

So essentially Plaid S 0-60 times are:

Drag Strip Mode / Cheetah launch / With 1 foot of rollout deducted / prepped surface = 1.98s
Drag Strip Mode / Cheetah launch / Without 1 foot of rollout deducted / prepped surface = 2.07s

No Drag Strip Mode / No Cheetah launch / With 1 foot of rollout deducted / asphalt surface = ~2.3x (extrapolated assumption)
No Drag Strip Mode / No Cheetah launch / Without 1 foot of rollout deducted / asphalt surface = 2.45s

The Plaid is faster than the Performance without even prepping. Thats just to 60...the Performance has no shot to the quarter as speed builds. This car is insane.

That is a solid 3.1, not like the M3 Performance where they claim it factoring in rollout. I am so tired of the with and without rollout numbers. I get it as I've done a lot of drag racing but just some nice heads up times would be nice.

Does make it seem like you are getting a much faster M3 though when you compare the M3P numbers with rollout vs the M3 LR without it.

Reactions: 2101Guy and ucmndd
the most authoritative answer to most of these questions for real world results is published in the Dragy app on the leaderboard. Tragically, inexplicably, there are no Plaid results published on Dragy yet, but that should change any day now.