Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Realist isn't happy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An atheist doesn’t complain about there not being a god. S(he) simply points out that no matter how you slice it, there is no evidence in supports of any God claims (?) made by any religion.

Is that tiring?

I guess it depends on whether or not you get tired of the truth…

Hahahaha... now that is the definition of irony :) ...

I had originally written my last post with two actual religions, but quickly changed it so as to avoid offending anyone. I figured that athiests would be the least likely to quickly take offense and best see the point of the comparison (a person who goes to a gathering of others with diametrically opposed views and starts to pick a fight - that is what I would think of as tiring).

There was no pot, no shot, no offense intended. So please, stay your mighty Nordic hammer of truth and razor of Occam. I am very much an empiricist, and depend every day on objectively seeking the truth at work. We are all (well, except for realist) Teslan brothers and sisters here :)

I think there are few cars that can attract from both far extremes (and fat middle) of the political/religious/cultural divides. The Tesla is an intersection of a lot weirdness-- meant in a good way, of course.

It also appears to be a lightning rod for the disgruntled arbiters of piety. FWIW, I think that would be a great rock band name, the Disgruntled Arbiters of Piety.
But I digress, I'm getting off topic in my potshoting.

If anyone has heard the wisdom and truth in Realist's posts, please kindly absolve yourself of that GROSS MISJUDGMENT you made in purchasing your MS. Email me and I will give you an address where it can be disposed of like any other unwanted computer.

Preferably, I'd like someone with a grey P85 to feel the most remorse...

If anyone has heard the wisdom and truth in Realist's posts, please kindly absolve yourself of that GROSS MISJUDGMENT you made in purchasing your MS. Email me and I will give you an address where it can be disposed of like any other unwanted computer.

Make that two. Anyone who is feeling buyer's remorse on Tesla, you can resolve your problem by kindly donating your car to me. I'll take good care of it. :biggrin:

To the OP:

1. Who are you and what have you done with the Realist of posts past?????

2. It's Friday night. May I please have some of what you've had waaaaaay too much of?

When I look into the german Tesla forum it's a different tone.

Owners are already complaining about the range being a lot lower than claimed.

All trolls, obviously.

Well, if you are talking about my posts in the Gernan forum then you did not get my point. My point was that the typical range displayed should be lower in Europe because speeds are higher on average compared to North America.
I did not complain about the range itself. Although I was surprised that it is much harder to get more range out of the car than it is with the roadster.

@NoMoDinos

I guess I really was mushy in the brain yesterday. So let’s go back and look at that post shall we?

Kinda like an athiest going to a church to complain about there not being a God. Or I suppose more accurately a zealot of one religion going to another type of church to stir up trouble. Isn't that tiring?
If reacting to that is supposed to be

…/ the definition of irony :) ... […

Well…, then what can I say dude…

- - - Edit: - - -

.../ There was no pot, no shot, no offense intended. So please, stay your mighty Nordic hammer of truth and razor of Occam. /...

It seems you can’t see that this is too complex. Therefore applying Occam’s razor gets you nowhere. Hence our little posting exchange.

And, assuming the color of your skin happens to be what is most often referred to as ‘white’, then you do not get to define who get’s offended – and rightly so – if you were to go using the N-word in your interactions with other people. The same basic principle applies here.

Last edited:
@NoMoDinos

I guess I really was mushy in the brain yesterday. So let’s go back and look at that post shall we?

If reacting to that is supposed to be

Well…, then what can I say dude…

- - - Edit: - - -

It seems you can’t see that this is too complex. Therefore applying Occam’s razor gets you nowhere. Hence our little posting exchange.

And, assuming the color of your skin happens to be what is most often referred to as ‘white’, then you do not get to define who get’s offended – and rightly so – if you were to go using the N-word in your interactions with other people. The same basic principle applies here.

Yikes, ok. There is certainly a cultural difference at work here. I truly meant no harm or disrespect, and can see that continued replies on my behalf will likely only further offend you. I will say my peace as clearly as I can and without any of my usual obnoxious attempts at humor and then reply no further.

1. Of course I realize I cannot define who should be offended by something. I was doing my best (and apparently failing) to bring a humorous anecdote to illustrate my point, and if I offended, I do truly apologize. I have nothing but respect for those who depend on their logic and live without the comfort of some all-powerful force looking out for them and providing an afterlife.

2. The color of my skin does not happen to be what is most often referred to as 'white', but your point is well taken. I am American, and realize that my humor can sometimes cause unintended hurt feelings.

3. I do see now that my use of athiests in my original post can be seen as a "potshot", but was truly not intended in that way. The comparison simply as I explained above; it could have simply been Burger King fans going into Macdonald's or what have you, but I felt that with the fervor with which some "worship" at their respective "car shrines", religion would have a greater ring of truth. Was it an especially enlightened, intelligent, or thoughtful analogy? Certainly not. It was, however, written without any malicious intent. My background is in the sciences, and my writing can be easily misconstrued. My apologies.

So back to the original topic. I've owned 9 of those German Ultimate Driving Machines, from a 1972 2002tii to an 2006 M5. My P85+ is faster from point A to point B and handles better than any of them.

I just came back from letting my son try out the new suspension. He's a go karter and drives a 475HP BMW 135i. He pronounced the Model S as better handling than his 135i and second only to the McLaren 12C among the cars he has driven, which include a 911 Turbo. I trust his opinion more than my own because he is faster around the track than I am. :biggrin: