Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And from the posts earlier it seemed like a lot of west coast vins with previously very close EDD's switched to the "4-5 weeks" EDD today or recently.
It’s also a west coast VIN which makes me think they may be shifting gears already for EOQ. Most VINs tracked on the spreadsheet for August orders have been east coast up until this point.
If you look at 4-5 weeks out, it’s the last week of the quarter. So maybe this is just going to be the classic chaotic west coast EOQ rush

I had ordered a MYLR on 7/27, with a November EDD. When that date recently changed to January, I decided to place an order for an MYP instead, after reading that they seem to be coming in more quickly. I placed that order on 8/27, with an indicated EDD of 4-5 weeks. The next day, an EDD of 8/31-9/2 appeared, along with a VIN. I'm a bit concerned about the firmer/harder ride of the Performance vs the Long Range, but I'll be happy to get the car sooner. I have my wall connector installed, inspected & approved, so I'm ready!

I had ordered a MYLR on 7/27, with a November EDD. When that date recently changed to January, I decided to place an order for an MYP instead, after reading that they seem to be coming in more quickly. I placed that order on 8/27, with an indicated EDD of 4-5 weeks. The next day, an EDD of 8/31-9/2 appeared, along with a VIN. I'm a bit concerned about the firmer/harder ride of the Performance vs the Long Range, but I'll be happy to get the car sooner. I have my wall connector installed, inspected & approved, so I'm ready!
Have you driven a MYP? I hadn't until yesterday, only MYLR. I found the ride to be firmer than MYLR but not harsh at all. Way smoother than my Mazda...much smoother. And that acceleration! 🤯 All that money I'll be saving on gas is gonna go to new rubber every year.

Have you driven a MYP? I hadn't until yesterday, only MYLR. I found the ride to be firmer than MYLR but not harsh at all. Way smoother than my Mazda...much smoother. And that acceleration! 🤯 All that money I'll be saving on gas is gonna go to new rubber every year.
I test drove the performance version as well. I thought the ride was very smooth and quiet overall. I was pleasantly surprised. From people who have tested the LR vs the Performance, including Road & Track, their range is the same. So the only negative besides the up front cost, is the price of replacement 21” tires as they do run almost twice as much. At the end of the day, you want your car handle and you want to feel the road under your tires to some extent, otherwise it’s time to buy a 1970's Cadillac Seville 😃

• Funny
Reactions: DarthStar and M-S-M
I had a 2011 Audi S5 until a few years back. Not as heavy as a Tesla but still considered a heavy car in general. While the suspension was solid, hitting a pothole definitely had me worried I’d blow a tire based on the feedback I’d feel. Purposely took the MY performance test drive over some rough spots in the road to see how it handled and it felt much better than my S5.
We also test drove a LR with 19” rims and while we could tell a difference, it wasn’t enough to keep us from ordering the performance model.

Also, I thought 4.8 sec 0-60 in my S5 was fast… 😎

Reactions: M-S-M
These type of data points seem to confirm (stating the obvious I think) that being close to Fremont hurts during this point of the qtr. where the west coast gets put on hold

same for me! Although I have seen people on here say that’s a good thing right before VIN’s
We ordered 8/11 with delivery scheduled for 9/8. White MYP Springfield delivery location,

We ordered 8/11 with delivery scheduled for 9/8. White MYP Springfield delivery location,
Meanwhile...

1630255389311.png

Hello all! New to the MY boards, as I've spent most of my TMC life (three years) frequenting the M3, and now MS Plaid forums.... So, I ordered a White/white MYP last night and the default EDD is "4-5 weeks". I live in the Seattle area, where transit time from Freemont is 2-2.5 days, consistently. Based on all the current data, when could I start seeing EDD date ranges? VIN assignment? With the Plaid, for Seattle deliveries, you get a VIN when your EDD range narrows to 7 days. Thanks for any and all insight on the matter! 🙂

I haven't driven an MYP yet, first time will be on the way home, scheduled for this Wednesday 9/1. I'm selling my current car, a 2014 Acura MDX, to Carvana for ~ $3K more than Tesla's trade-in offer, on Tuesday.

I'll be sorry to see the Acura go as it's been a great car for me, but I'm a 75 year old retired engineer, if I don't get something technologically cool & advanced like a Tesla now, when will I?

Reactions: M-S-M and DarthStar