Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just a heads up to any new deliveries coming up, mud flaps are not anywhere near as easy to install as I thought. The front went on easy, the backs not so much….

Apparently there is a known issue with the rear bolts you need to remove. The bolt was held in place by a nut that is supposed to be welded in place. It’s not, got one on w ease and the other bolt wouldn’t come out. Just a heads up.
Hmm I just started watching some Youtube videos and it seems like quite an annoying thing to install the rear flaps. I think maybe I'll just install the front only. I don't want to deal with potentially breaking the bolt.

I only see mud flaps for the front on tesla's store. Where did you guys find the rear mud flats for the MY?

There a whole bunch available that are for all four tires. Check Amazon. The bolt breaking was a real pain in the ass.

There a whole bunch available that are for all four tires. Check Amazon. The bolt breaking was a real pain in the ass.
Great quote from the mud flap folks. I wish I read this…

“Then just unscrew the bolt, but as you unscrew the bolt, If you feel the tension increasing we suggest you use lubricating oil on the threads to insure you do not break the nut from the welded location on the metal frame. There is a new video on the above tab labeled HELP and here is a link”

Reactions: jebinc
Glad to know I'm not on this ride alone lol. I guess that means if one of gets a VIN, the other does too!

My SA told me I should be expecting the car around the 20th last week but he just called me and said it's looking more like the last few day of the quarter
Looks like us bay area residents are in for a rollercoaster ride to the end of the quarter. I won't be surprised if mine gets delivered the night of the 30th just before midnight. I'd love to get it sooner but I won't complain.

My SA told me she would not quote a date, but that she would be shocked if I hadn't received my car by the end of the month. Which is fantastic because my wife Mercedes sold in 4hrs and I listed my Jeep yesterday and have already sold it cash for more than I paid for it new, adding a lift, tires, wheels, etc. This used car market is insane, Im ready for my EV. LETS GOOOO

Reactions: RichAuntie444
Question for the group- My SA let me know today that my car is scheduled to be “manufactured” on the 15th and I’ll get the VIN then. What I’m understanding on the forums is that may not be correct and they may be totally wrong? I would ideally like to get it this weekend as I’ll be out of town next week.

Order date 8/15
Current EDD 9/8-9/28
Gray/Black MYP no tow no FSD

Question for the group- My SA let me know today that my car is scheduled to be “manufactured” on the 15th and I’ll get the VIN then. What I’m understanding on the forums is that may not be correct and they may be totally wrong? I would ideally like to get it this weekend as I’ll be out of town next week.

Order date 8/15
Current EDD 9/8-9/28
Gray/Black MYP no tow no FSD
Same, I hope I get mine this weekend or early next week as I'm going out of town on the 16th and I'd like to show the fam my new ride. Also, try to convince them to buy a tesla also. :)

Hmm I just started watching some Youtube videos and it seems like quite an annoying thing to install the rear flaps. I think maybe I'll just install the front only. I don't want to deal with potentially breaking the bolt.
FYI, I picked up my MYP (Black Ext/White Int/Tow/FSD) in Massachusetts yesterday with VIN 259XXX and it came with front Mud Flaps and rear PPF.

Order date 8/23 - Drove home yesterday (9/8)

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc and hcdavis3
Just told the SA I couldn't pick up on my delivery date. Said he would remove my vin and push it to the next customer. I am wondering when I will receive another vin and EDD, he said it would automatically populate. Back story. I ordered 8/30 and it said 4-5 weeks, well it only took a day to get a vin and they wanted to deliver it today or tomorrow 9/9-9/10. I am out of the state on work and I wont be back till October 2nd. So the 4-5 week EDD was perfect. Who knew Tesla would be so efficient? lol.

Reactions: Starway2001
Just told the SA I couldn't pick up on my delivery date. Said he would remove my vin and push it to the next customer. I am wondering when I will receive another vin and EDD, he said it would automatically populate. Back story. I ordered 8/30 and it said 4-5 weeks, well it only took a day to get a vin and they wanted to deliver it today or tomorrow 9/9-9/10. I am out of the state on work and I wont be back till October 2nd. So the 4-5 week EDD was perfect. Who knew Tesla would be so efficient? lol.
MY performance, yah?

Reactions: nelsond003
I love the irony of this story. “Efficient!” HAHAHAHAHAHA!