Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD 9/8-9/11. I don't currently have a car and want to purchase Tesla Insurance (best quote i've received), but it won't let me purchase until i have a delivery date scheduled. However I received and email (probably automated) saying i need to complete the insurance section to "prioritize" delivery :rolleyes:

anyone know if i really need to do the insurance step to schedule delivery.. i'm ready to hit the Purchase tesla insurance button... but so far I can't...

Even with this I'm excited!!!!
In CA you can upload your current vehicle insurance and you can buy Tesla insurance after delivery.

For me, my current insurance is cheaper than Tesla insurance by about $40/month

In CA you can upload your current vehicle insurance and you can buy Tesla insurance after delivery.

For me, my current insurance is cheaper than Tesla insurance by about $40/month
That's the issue, I sold my car back in August and canceled my policy then. So I don't currently have an insurance card to upload.

I checked with Liberty Mutual (previous carrier), AAA (long time carrier before LM), geico, State Farm, Farmers, Progressive. Tesla insurance was 60-90 dollars a month cheaper for the same coverage. I really want to go back to AAA since my home is through them but even my agent told me they don't have the best rates for Tesla's due to high repair costs.

Screenshot from a video I found, may be helpful. I use AIG for other stuff and they were outrageously high.
EEFDA01C-2F27-4371-98C8-4CB23FDBCFBA.jpeg

Funny Im in RR too, OD was 8/31 got my VIN last night. Still have the same EDD 9/17-9/30
Nice :) to see a fellow Round Rocker. Glad you have your VIN - perhaps it depends on the OD. I suppose as long as the EDD does not change, it is just another few days. On another note - I see you already have MYLR. How do you charge? Tesla Wall Charger installed (in your garage) or Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter (Gen 2 NEMA Adapters) Based on what I know I believe they offer the same speed/miles of charging. I am trying to understand what are the installation costs. If you have any installer recommendation in RR, I would appreciate it. FYI I did look up here - Find an Electrician as well.

Last edited:
@DarthStar,
Here is how VIN to Delivery time looks for Model Y Performance version in California. By the way, you can see this by using filters as explained in the video HERE after 3:23.

ka8wLOb.png

Does anyone with excel skills have an avg time of VIN assignment to delivery date for this quarter (for MYP)? I'm sure that data nugget is alive in Troy's spreadsheet, but it's been so long since I played with excel that I can't even spell pivit table.

Nice :) to see a fellow Round Rocker. Glad you have your VIN - perhaps it depends on the OD. I suppose as long as the EDD does not change, it is just another few days. On another note - I see you already have MYLR. How do you charge? Tesla Wall Charger installed (in your garage) or Gen 2 NEMA 14-50 adapter (Gen 2 NEMA Adapters) Based on what I know I believe they offer the same speed/miles of charging. I am trying to understand what are the installation costs. If you have any installer recommendation in RR, I would appreciate it. FYI I did look up here - Find an Electrician as well.
I charge by HPWC, its no longer sold but its the tesla wall charger with the 14-50 plug. I use to charge by the mobile charger but now I leave that in the car. I had the 14-50 plug installed by Grayzer. It was 300 for a short run wire, and im in Teravista so no permits needed.

Reactions: itsroundrock
I hit my EDD range yesterday and got pushed +5/+3 and is now 9/12-9/30.
OD: 8/19.
Still waiting on VIN but seeing some other MYP orders from end of July/early August getting deliveries scheduled gives me a little hope the EDD won't get pushed again but not sure if I'm just setting myself up for disappointment.
Our orders continue to mirror one another. Feels like we might be part of that bay area EOQ push