Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This gives me another reason to think if you switched to a MYP order from MYLR that maybe although all the paperwork says your change date, you get some sort of “credit” for your original Reservation date. I switched on 8/17 to MYP and my EDD is slightly better (13 days) 9/8-9/21 (until this morning was 9/5-9/17).
It really seems like this is true, even outside of this case, with the amount of people switching old MYLR orders to MYP and getting VINs/scheduled deliveries before others who placed a new one. Honestly, I hope they are prioritizing people who placed initial orders LR in May/June/July who decided to switch, even if it pushes me back a little bit. It seems somewhat un-Tesla like so I'm guessing that's why I'm not seeing a ton of people speculating this to be the case. It's a wise move if true, considering their lack of a PR dept.

Same. I feel like tomorrow we'll find out if we get deliveries from the same batch that will be headed east or if we get dumped into EOQ.
Exactly my thoughts. I think the estimate for new orders when we ordered was 5-6 weeks if I remember correctly. Then several days later it changed to 3-4 weeks for new orders. I expect we'll receive our cars this week or next. Given they seem to push cars east then close the quarter with west coast deliveries I fear they may push us to EOQ but really hope that's not the case.

Exactly my thoughts. I think the estimate for new orders when we ordered was 5-6 weeks if I remember correctly. Then several days later it changed to 3-4 weeks for new orders. I expect we'll receive our cars this week or next. Given they seem to push cars east then close the quarter with west coast deliveries I fear they may push us to EOQ but really hope that's not the case.
Agree completely. I've realistically been expecting delivery by the middle of the range but the fact the door has been left open gives me just a little bit of pause. I also wonder if the recent weather and delivery delays to the east coast changes the timeline. I could see them switching to west coast deliveries to maximize numbers sooner than later OR basically all but confirming getting pushed into EOQ.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow (hopefully).

Reactions: jebinc
Agree completely. I've realistically been expecting delivery by the middle of the range but the fact the door has been left open gives me just a little bit of pause. I also wonder if the recent weather and delivery delays to the east coast changes the timeline. I could see them switching to west coast deliveries to maximize numbers sooner than later OR basically all but confirming getting pushed into EOQ.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow (hopefully).
Too funny, was thinking the exact same thing regarding the challenges with east coast deliveries! Been overthinking this for the last week, developed an unhealthy relationship with refreshing my browser like so many others.

Reactions: jebinc
Too funny, was thinking the exact same thing regarding the challenges with east coast deliveries! Been overthinking this for the last week, developed an unhealthy relationship with refreshing my browser like so many others.
It's like reading a book about my life. I have a tab on my phone and desktop that can easily be refreshed so it's always within reach...

Reactions: nerdknob and jebinc
I’ve done black to white exterior and remained 9/8-9-28 throughout changes… thinking about changing back to black again
Yeah I keep going back and forth with MSM and White exterior and also the two interior colors. Will prob keep MSM but then go white interior. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those 4 color combos. The white interior is really part of what makes tesla styling unique imo so I should just do it. Also if it makes the interior cooler at all that would be an additional bonus.

I’ve done black to white exterior and remained 9/8-9-28 throughout changes… thinking about changing back to black again
I've switched from white to black, then back again at least 3 times already 😅 ultimately decided on white, since black exterior and Texas heat don't mix.
Did you have to call to make the change? Once I switched to MYP, I lost the edit design link. Probably because the EDD is so close.

Yeah I keep going back and forth with MSM and White exterior and also the two interior colors. Will prob keep MSM but then go white interior. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of those 4 color combos. The white interior is really part of what makes tesla styling unique imo so I should just do it. Also if it makes the interior cooler at all that would be an additional bonus.
My 3 is MSM on White! Great combo!

Reactions: Jbapckfan