Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla just needs to really improve their EDD system. They have years of data and should be able to pretty accurately estimate deliveries. It's ridiculous to have some orders with 10+ changes in EDD, pulling up dates, pushing back months, etc. Buying a car isn't just on a whim and requires a bit of planning for the customer that needs to get things in order. Personal experience, I'm pretty sure I'm close to have had every week as an EDD from Oct - Dec.
Sorry to hear this. I've only had one change in the last month. Hang in there, the time will pass either way and you'll soon have your car and forget all about this thread.

Picking up now, flawless MYP, no gaps

Attachments

• AC8C75E6-5019-4BC6-9A08-450CF14CE0A7.jpeg
    AC8C75E6-5019-4BC6-9A08-450CF14CE0A7.jpeg
    612.2 KB · Views: 95
....and oddly enough, I've only had 3 EDDs the entire time since 9/20.
Honestly, I would much rather have that result than the continuous jumping of EDD and plenty of others on here have similar situations as well. Makes planning much harder when you keep thinking assignment can happen at any moments notice. Especially when you hear that you have only 72hrs to pick up based on a small delivery window, people having to fly or cancel trips to accept delivery, etc.

Mine literally hasn't moved since I ordered on 11/2. Stuck at EDD 12/15-12/31. Asked the SA here in Vegas and she said the backend shows 1/5. Really hope its either before I leave on the 22nd-31st when I fly to Rhode Island for the holidays. She said they can deliver the car if it comes in when I am away, but what if there is defects

Reactions: Nyc10jets
For the ones here worrying or having issues with third party financing and Tesla accepting the payment prior to delivery without the tracking.

Is bringing a certified check from the bank or Credit Union with you on delivery day not an option for you?

I’m in the bay with the same config and OD of 9/19. Gonna pick up from Fremont too. Idk how they are deciding who gets what car when?!
That's odd, I know there is no rhyme or reason and I have a diff config, but your OD is a month before mine.....I have OD of 10/16 and picking up from Fremont....just got delivery scheduled for this Saturday.

MYP MSM/Black/No Tow/ No FSD

For the ones here worrying or having issues with third party financing and Tesla accepting the payment prior to delivery without the tracking.

Is bringing a certified check from the bank or Credit Union with you on delivery day not an option for you?
This is exactly what I've done for both Teslas I've purchased. I didn't want to run the risk of someone dropping the ball along the way. My bank even offered to send the check directly to Tesla. I politely declined.

Reactions: Luka816
That's odd, I know there is no rhyme or reason and I have a diff config, but your OD is a month before mine.....I have OD of 10/16 and picking up from Fremont....just got delivery scheduled for this Saturday.

MYP MSM/Black/No Tow/ No FSD
Happy for you! But confused and sad at the same time. I didn't know waiting for a car could be so emotionally exhausting. Hope you enjoy your car :)

Reactions: 808MYP
Be wary - SA's really don't have any insight beyond what's listed as your EDD. Some of them really just try to appease their (many) anxious customers.
They CAN look at things on the back end like where your car is (once vin is assigned and all that), but beyond knowing things ABOUT the car itself like features and ordering process and all that they are exceptionally unhelpful and fake it badly.

They CAN look at things on the back end like where your car is (once vin is assigned and all that), but beyond knowing things ABOUT the car itself like features and ordering process and all that they are exceptionally unhelpful and fake it badly.
Until a VIN is assigned, they can't give you anymore info on your EDD than what's provided to you already. They don't have visibility into where you are in the queue and which cars are currently being assigned.

Sorry to hear this. I've only had one change in the last month. Hang in there, the time will pass either way and you'll soon have your car and forget all about this thread.
I've had 2 changes and they all appeared to be reasonable. Once the vin was assigned, the delivery date changes twice but that was to be expected to pinpoint the exact delivery date based on actions I had to take. Very happy so far with the process, everything is done, and I take delivery tomorrow/Friday.