Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recent MYP Delivery Estimates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post, glad to be here. I've been lurking for a couple years and I can finally say I'm joining the club.

MYP: White/White
OD: 4/29
EDD: 7/19 - 8/30
Lawton, OK

I'm still a little confused on the whole mobile connector debacle. I've seen multiple posts saying different dates (this is on Reddit normally, not so much on here) that are excluded from having them, and delivery dates that will or will not having them. I'm wondering if I should just buy a mobile connector (either Tesla or some other that works) or see what happens.

Where's Elon? Why is he AWOL in all this? Oh, that's right, he's too busy playing God in Twitter. 🤨
What is it that you're hoping he does that the Tesla staff isn't already doing?

Inflation and supply chain issues are increasing costs. It's in Tesla's best interest to get these out fast. It's not like they want it to take a long time.

The current factories cannot produce enough to meet demand, even after several price hikes.

The fastest way to get them made is to make a bunch of the same setup. However, that has to be balanced by the number of people ordering each configuration and their order date. They can't just decide to make 20,000 of one configuration at a time because that would take months just to get through the different setups. They also can't just make them based on order date because it would destroy efficiency.

Finding the right balance of batch size and order date is a challenge. Then combine that with the logistics of a single factory supplying all of North America's locations and it gets even more complicated.

Sure, the wait sucks. That's why Giga Austin was built. That's why they're looking at even more factories in the next few years. But until then, one orders a Tesla knowing that these logistical challenges are part of the deal.

Reactions: Horty4
The thing that worries me, is the amount of June deliveries on the east coast will be miniscule due to EOQ. So if we don't get ours in May, then we likely aren't getting them until July/August.
Did you order the LR or P?

People who ordered in Sept-Oct of last year are starting to get their LR cars right now. I see that you ordered in March. If it's LR, I would expect that it won't happen before the EOQ.

However, you can contact your local service rep. If someone turns down their order, and it's a configuration similar to the one you want, they'll call people on their local list.

Did you order the LR or P?

People who ordered in Sept-Oct of last year are starting to get their LR cars right now. I see that you ordered in March. If it's LR, I would expect that it won't happen before the EOQ.

However, you can contact your local service rep. If someone turns down their order, and it's a configuration similar to the one you want, they'll call people on their local list.

MYP, it's in my sig :)

Reactions: Winning Guy
First post, glad to be here. I've been lurking for a couple years and I can finally say I'm joining the club.

Lawton, OK

I'm still a little confused on the whole mobile connector debacle. I've seen multiple posts saying different dates (this is on Reddit normally, not so much on here) that are excluded from having them, and delivery dates that will or will not having them. I'm wondering if I should just buy a mobile connector (either Tesla or some other that works) or see what happens.
when you placed order, did you see near the bottom it has option to choose the mobile connector ($200) and wall connector ($400)? if you did, then you won't get one without choosing them. supposedly this is enabled either on 4/28 or 4/29.

but you can separately order them from Tesla also, same price.

Lawton, OK

I believe that April 28th ended up being the cut off for the mobile connector. It was originally April 17, but moved. I see you ordered on the 29th, so you barely missed it.

The mobile connector bundle will only be $200 and will come with a NEMA 5-15 adapter and 14-50 adapter. Those were not included in the previous kit. They were sold separately.

You can't buy one right now because they're out of stock, but I am sure they'll have them in stock by the time you get your car.

I believe that April 28th ended up being the cut off for the mobile connector. It was originally April 17, but moved. I see you ordered on the 29th, so you barely missed it.

The mobile connector bundle will only be $200 and will come with a NEMA 5-15 adapter and 14-50 adapter. Those were not included in the previous kit. They were sold separately.

You can't buy one right now because they're out of stock, but I am sure they'll have them in stock by the time you get your car.
Yeah I saw it but thought nothing of it. It’s not a big deal more so a general wondering lol.

The thing that worries me, is the amount of June deliveries on the east coast will be miniscule due to EOQ. So if we don't get ours in May, then we likely aren't getting them until July/August.
I'm not sure if it's that the deliveries will be minuscule. It's mainly that all the ones that will be on the East Coast have to leave Freemont a week or two ahead of time.

I'm not sure if it's that the deliveries will be minuscule. It's mainly that all the ones that will be on the East Coast have to leave Freemont a week or two ahead of time.
Yeah, I would expect the east coast (realistically, everywhere but the west coast) to keep getting VINs until the end of May or early June, to allow for delivery in June. I just wouldn’t expect any VINs if you’re not on CA during the last few weeks of June.

Anyone know how to change your payment method to cash? Do I need to call Tesla?
Went down to a local Tesla Store after not being able to reach anyone via phone text or chat, and was told the whole "change it to cash" thing doesn't affect your EDD window. They said "it used to" but not since March. I had to get a guy at the store to make the change for me from cash back to lease (which is what I want to do anyway) because once you change to cash your "tasks" are complete and you can't go in and edit your car without someone having to do it for you (and in my case I wanted to remove the tow hitch).

Since I'm here,

MYP Order placed 3/13/22: Performance/Grey/Black/Standard AP
Original EDD: "May"
Current EDD as of 5/2/22 (after fluctuating all over the place from June to August, etc.): May 16 - June 20

If anyone cares, I ordered a M3P on the same day and its EDD has pretty much matched up with the MYP (but with a slightly tighter window), now currently: May 11 - June 8

I'm in Orange County, CA

MYP, White/White, No Tow, No FSD
Bay Area, CA

OD: 3/9/22 - configurator showed EDD May 2022
Right after ordering EDD June 19 - July 17
3/18 - EDD March 29 - April 12
3/23 - EDD March 25 - April 3
3/30 - EDD May 7 - June 11
4/21 - EDD June 4 - July 9

Worst part is I sold my truck on 3/29 thinking I would actually get the MYP a week a two after that. Now balancing a one car household.

I'm leaving for two weeks. I expect the day I leave for them to call and say I have 3 days to pick it up 😂😂

I suspect I will be in the same boat, Vacation mid June so that's when they will call <sigh>. I was hopeful in ordering i would have it as they initially said in late April early May so I could take it on the 1200 mile round trip to save on gas but that's looking unlikely.