Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve been looking around and couldn't find a waiting room for Red Multi Coat Model Y LR being delivered recently. So I thought why not open one and talk to everyone with orders of similar specs.

My Order Date: In store order on
9/05, Model Y LR, Metallic Grey, Tow Hitch, No FSD, profile completed same day
Modifications: 9/8 - Changed color to Multi coat Red. Took me a while to decide if I want to spend additional $2k on the color but then I gave up and thought I will be happier if I picked red :)
Current EDD: N/A
VIN: N/A
Sacramento Area

The wait is Longgggggggggggg!

Reactions: Phreddieruxpin
6EDB02DE-EFB6-430E-AF94-04E172A434F1.jpeg

6AB75363-9B24-4D13-B5ED-B2F9097FE76E.jpeg

Go #teamred! The wait is so worth waiting for…

I’ve been looking around and couldn't find a waiting room for Red Multi Coat Model Y LR being delivered recently. So I thought why not open one and talk to everyone with orders of similar specs.

My Order Date: In store order on
9/05, Model Y LR, Metallic Grey, Tow Hitch, No FSD, profile completed same day
Modifications: 9/8 - Changed color to Multi coat Red. Took me a while to decide if I want to spend additional $2k on the color but then I gave up and thought I will be happier if I picked red :)
Current EDD: N/A
VIN: N/A
Sacramento Area

The wait is Longgggggggggggg!
I ordered on 9/5 as well.....red exterior/black interior, no fsd, no tow hitch, profile complete same day. When I ordered I saw "January", then date was removed, and today it indicates "February". I'm picking up vehicle in New York.

Reactions: pgcoco
I placed an order on 08/17 with white interior and FSD, had a delivery estimate of November - December, then December - January, now I've had no EDD for weeks. Approved for financing though. I'm in the LA area

Central FL here. Around the same order date with the exact same specs and also same shifting EDD and now no date at all.

I bought an ID.4 in the meantime... lol.

Reactions: Acisplat and pgcoco
I ordered on 9/5 as well.....red exterior/black interior, no fsd, no tow hitch, profile complete same day. When I ordered I saw "January", then date was removed, and today it indicates "February". I'm picking up vehicle in New York.
where do you see the EDD? Mine doesn't show anything since I ordered. I ordered in a Tesla showroom through a SA so never saw the EDD. Wonder when will it show up?

Waiting in NorCal for my red MYLR. I stopped by the Tesla store to see the red in person to get a better look at it. Coming from a red multi-coat Mazda, the Tesla red isn't as "stand out", but it's almost as good. I think the Mazda red has a bit more black to it which made it look a bit deeper. I can tell you from experience that having to repair a red multi-coat paint can be tricky...matching the exact amount of black seemed to be a challenge for the repair shop. Still, I prefer the red over the other colors...less of them around. ;)