Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red Multi Coat Model Y LR Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another data point: Got my VIN today, delivery between Nov 4 and 8 although clearly the 4th didn’t happen. Order date was 10/17, first and only previous EDD was March 14-April 11 2021. This is for a red Model Y LR with with white interior, no other options or upgrades.

Another data point: Got my VIN today, delivery between Nov 4 and 8 although clearly the 4th didn’t happen. Order date was 10/17, first and only previous EDD was March 14-April 11 2021. This is for a red Model Y LR with with white interior, no other options or upgrades.
with that short notice you may have gotten lucky and got a match for someone who decided to hold for tax credits. Congratulations !!!!!!

I’ve been looking around and couldn't find a waiting room for Red Multi Coat Model Y LR being delivered recently. So I thought why not open one and talk to everyone with orders of similar specs.

My Order Date: In store order on
9/05, Model Y LR, Metallic Grey, Tow Hitch, No FSD, profile completed same day
Modifications: 9/8 - Changed color to Multi coat Red. Took me a while to decide if I want to spend additional $2k on the color but then I gave up and thought I will be happier if I picked red :)
Current EDD: N/A
VIN: N/A
Sacramento Area

The wait is Longgggggggggggg!
I've never before wanted a red car, have decided, if I'm going to drive a Tesla, it ought to be red!

I’ve been looking around and couldn't find a waiting room for Red Multi Coat Model Y LR being delivered recently. So I thought why not open one and talk to everyone with orders of similar specs.

My Order Date: In store order on
9/05, Model Y LR, Metallic Grey, Tow Hitch, No FSD, profile completed same day
Modifications: 9/8 - Changed color to Multi coat Red. Took me a while to decide if I want to spend additional $2k on the color but then I gave up and thought I will be happier if I picked red :)
Current EDD: N/A
VIN: N/A
Sacramento Area

The wait is Longgggggggggggg!
Omggg! Same O/D day with same color in the same area! I hope we can get our car sooner!!!!

Reactions: pgcoco
OD 11/3, MYP, Red, tow, FSD
EDD is now 12/9 - 12/31

The first 3 days after my order I had an EDD of 5/1-6/1 which was rather irritating but I was assured I’d still receive my vehicle in December by a SA local to the Reno nevada area.

Ordered 2 wall connectors already.

OD 11/3, MYP, Red, tow, FSD
EDD is now 12/9 - 12/31

The first 3 days after my order I had an EDD of 5/1-6/1 which was rather irritating but I was assured I’d still receive my vehicle in December by a SA local to the Reno nevada area.

Ordered 2 wall connectors already.
OD 8/4, MYLR Red, no tow, no FSD, Black interior, 20” induction wheels.

EDD has been stable at 11/29-12/21 for a few weeks. One would hope that as 11/29 gets closer or actual date gets into the range, then vin and delivery would be forthcoming…unless EDD gets moved into 2022.

Reactions: Timtimmay123
So today I checked my account and since its been 2 months since I placed an order, my credit offer has expired.
So, if I complete the details again will it run a credit check again? Even though my husband said its ok, I don't want my credit score to be checked over and over especially when I don't know when is my car delivery.
Then on the other hand, I thought if I don't complete my details, my order will be kinda incomplete and will that put me in the back of the queue? My EDD is Dec 23-Dec31 at the moment and is consistent for the last 2 weeks. Not sure if not completing my profile will put me back in line or still keep me in the same spot? Any idea? Little back in line I won't mind, might prove beneficial for me and I might be line for EV tax credit if my delivery moves to next year. :)

OD 8/4, MYLR Red, no tow, no FSD, Black interior, 20” induction wheels.

EDD has been stable at 11/29-12/21 for a few weeks. One would hope that as 11/29 gets closer or actual date gets into the range, then vin and delivery would be forthcoming…unless EDD gets moved into 2022.

White interior othewise identical order, 2 days later, same DC. Yet I guess I’m getting mine 3 months after you. Wow.

So today I checked my account and since its been 2 months since I placed an order, my credit offer has expired.
So, if I complete the details again will it run a credit check again? Even though my husband said its ok, I don't want my credit score to be checked over and over especially when I don't know when is my car delivery.
Then on the other hand, I thought if I don't complete my details, my order will be kinda incomplete and will that put me in the back of the queue? My EDD is Dec 23-Dec31 at the moment and is consistent for the last 2 weeks. Not sure if not completing my profile will put me back in line or still keep me in the same spot? Any idea? Little back in line I won't mind, might prove beneficial for me and I might be line for EV tax credit if my delivery moves to next year. :)

Lots of posts on this forum that say indicate cash, get VIN, call and switch to financing. I follow d that advice. Will make for a busy day or two once VIN is assigned. But mostly my plan is to go to two credit unions widely discussed and see if Tesla will rate match.

Reactions: GameTheory
Switch to cash instead of financing and once you know the car is on the way switch back. At least thats what my SA told me to do. But I would confirm that with your SA.

Reactions: GameTheory
Lots of posts on this forum that say indicate cash, get VIN, call and switch to financing. I follow d that advice. Will make for a busy day or two once VIN is assigned. But mostly my plan is to go to two credit unions widely discussed and see if Tesla will rate match.
I asked my SA the same question "will Tesla rate match, and my SA said absolutely not. They dont match other banks or credit unions. "
you might want to save yourself some time and confirm before you start looking.

I think Tesla is starting @ 2.49%
My Credit union right now is 1.49 - 1.99 depending on how much you put down and terms, and of course credit score.

Right now I think most banks and credit unions will beat Tesla rates.

I asked my SA the same question "will Tesla rate match, and my SA said absolutely not. They dont match other banks or credit unions. "
you might want to save yourself some time and confirm before you start looking.

I think Tesla is starting @ 2.49%
My Credit union right now is 1.49 - 1.99 depending on how much you put down and terms, and of course credit score.

Right now I think most banks and credit unions will beat Tesla rates.
Yes sorry, should have been more clear. See if Tesla will rate match and if not secure financing through the credit union. That said, several firsthand accounts on here of Tesla matching rates and widely reported that SAs don’t know anything.

Yes sorry, should have been more clear. See if Tesla will rate match and if not secure financing through the credit union. That said, several firsthand accounts on here of Tesla matching rates and widely reported that SAs don’t know anything.
I think that is one of the most frustrating parts of Tesla, the people that are hired to guide and help you know almost nothing. I understand not knowing when your car will arrive but a simple question of will you match rates they should know.

Reactions: Packfan
Took delivery today at Mt. Kisco, NY. Car is amazing. Didn't notice any real problems. Couldn't be happier. Color is amazing in the sunshine.
Sales rep said they are delivering over 80 cars a day there.

Attachments

• 20211107_161030.jpg
    20211107_161030.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 115