Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Red LR AWD, AP, Hitch, 19 Inch wheels on 10/9. I am in MN.
I reviewed the ordering spreadsheet and I observed this:
Red Color is not common.
I see people from July, August, September and October who have not received their MY yet.
I am not sure if folks from July/August got it but forgot to update their delivery information.

Starting this thread so we can share delivery information about Red MY all makes.
I ordered the Red, LR, upgraded black wheels, white interior on 10/06. No VIN yet. Followed up with SA and was told initially a delivery between 10/26-11/08 and now being told mid November.

Our red Model Y arrived at the service center today. We saw a total of 4 different red MY on site (all 2021 VINs) and they all looked spectacular for fit and finish.

We can’t officially accept delivery until tomorrow because of insurance, but we got to inspect it today. It’s perfect! The minor things we saw they fixed immediately. Most was just grease/dirt that needed to be cleaned. Other items were:
- Above the door locks, there are 2 black rubber plugs. One of these plugs was missing from a rear door.
- Carpet flocking had separated from the base plastic floor on the passenger’s side. Tesla was able to stretch it back into place and adhere. Looks like it never happened.
ENJOY IT!

• Love
Reactions: TRBo
Thanks for the heads up and no I didn’t do the insurance step as I thought I had to wait for the VIN to do that. Just uploaded a pic of my ins card and submitted.
I haven't uploaded my insurance card either, as it said in Colorado we have to have the VIN # on it so show it is insured. Is that not correct? If not, can I upload my insurance card on any of my other vehicles to show I am insured? Just don't want my order to be delayed if this is the case. Thanks!

I haven't uploaded my insurance card either, as it said in Colorado we have to have the VIN # on it so show it is insured. Is that not correct? If not, can I upload my insurance card on any of my other vehicles to show I am insured? Just don't want my order to be delayed if this is the case. Thanks!
I was told by my Tesla SA that I can upload my current insurance even if it does not refer to Tesla MY. Once I am closer to the pickup I will replace the insurance with the actual card with correct VIN.

Yeah not really sure why you have to upload an insurance card without the Tesla being on it seems like a waste of time. Obviously we have insurance on current vehicle.

I drove it into work for the first time today. (I work at a vaccine manufacturer, so go figure we’re exempt from closures).

The security personnel doing the temperature checks gave me a healthy “daaaammmn!” when I rolled down the window. He specifically commented on how nice the color was, even before he even saw it was a Tesla.

Red FTW! :D

I ordered a Red Model Y Performance last week (well, I finished all the paperwork—although it still says they’re drafting up my contract....which I have no idea what that means and where it puts me in the process). Ordered red with black interior, FSD and tow hitch (for a bike rack). Hoping that I don’t have to wait to long for it, although it sounds like the Performance is taking quite a bit of time. Wish someone from Tesla would come clean and say why the Performance is taking so long to manufacture. Sucks being in the dark....but I’ll stay hopeful and maybe get a mid November to December delivery. A nice Christmas present for me! Haha