Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red MY Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered Red LR AWD, AP, Hitch, 19 Inch wheels on 10/9. I am in MN.
I reviewed the ordering spreadsheet and I observed this:
Red Color is not common.
I see people from July, August, September and October who have not received their MY yet.
I am not sure if folks from July/August got it but forgot to update their delivery information.

Starting this thread so we can share delivery information about Red MY all makes.

I test drove a car with the induction wheels and felt every imperfection in the road. The Geminis were much smoother.

I actually have a set of Tsportline TST 19” matte black on preorder to replace the Geminis though. They should be lighter and hopefully improve the overall range. I’m planning to sell the Geminis since we live in NC and don’t need snow tires.

Ordered in August and pick up our red MY this Sunday.

Reactions: Reborn
ordered in march received in july, ( i purposely delayed it from June to July so that i could take advantage of the 2K price drop) but i live in the bay area i california, so we always get our deliveries at the end of every quarter . Normal process i s beginning of the quarter is overseas deliveries, mid quarter is US deliveries, East coast ( ET/CT), West coast deliveries happen late in the quarter, depending upon where you are located this models gives a fair idea when the car will get delivered.

I was contacted by the SA yesterday asking if i wanted to upgrade to fsd before the price increase. I told him I was in Canada and I believe the increase is for the US. I asked if he had any updates on my order plus commented that that if they were selling a used 2020 y I would consider it. Based on all the other used Tesla vehicles listed on the website they all have fsd, and acceleration boost, even the 2020 models.

A few minutes ago I received a text and email from the sa my Tesla will be delivered Nov.1. I placed an order for red model y with 20 inch rims on Oct 10th.

Edit. Email from SA says nov 1, but the text msg with the url says nov Nov4

Likely a coincidence...

Last edited:
Reactions: buttnutt
Ordered 22 Oct in VA (Richmond) MY LR Gemini, black interior, FSD.
Maybe post in VA waiting room, too.

3rd Party items (all purchased except where noted):

Gemini wheels black satin paint (vendor not selected yet but will also install caliper covers below)

DIY hubcap paint:
Full PPF w Ceramic overlay & ceramic on wheels after delivery.
https://www.capitalautobahnd.com
LivingTesla SnapPlate front plate holster
SnapPlate Tesla Front License Plate Mounts by LivingTesla
RPMTesla hubcap storage bag. For short distance storage when painted wheels are used.
Tesla Model 3 & Y Hubcap Storage Bag -(Fits Y - 19" Gemini & 3 Aero 18") $49
Modern Spare spare tire kit
#1 Spare Tire Kit Engineered Specifically For Your Model Y | Modern Spare
Pure Tesla TeslaCam SSD Extreme (500 GB)
TeslaCam SSD Extreme - Pure Tesla
Jeda Products USB hub
Jeda Products | Tesla Model 3 USB Hub for Sentry Mode, Dashcam, and Storage
Lectron J1772 to Tesla Charging Adapter, 60A & 250V AC - Compatible with SAE J1772 Chargers (Black)
Lectron J1772 to Tesla Charging Adapter, 60A & 250V AC - Compatible with SAE J1772 Chargers | Brand New
Abstract Ocean screen protector
Premium Tempered Glass (9H) Screen Protector for the Tesla Model 3 & Y
Teslarati black satin wrap
Tesla Model 3 & Y Interior Vinyl Wrap (Full Kit)
Evannex red caliper covers
Caliper Covers for Tesla Model Y
Mats tbd

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: seniorcitizen
Our red Model Y arrived at the service center today. We saw a total of 4 different red MY on site (all 2021 VINs) and they all looked spectacular for fit and finish.

We can’t officially accept delivery until tomorrow because of insurance, but we got to inspect it today. It’s perfect! The minor things we saw they fixed immediately. Most was just grease/dirt that needed to be cleaned. Other items were:
- Above the door locks, there are 2 black rubber plugs. One of these plugs was missing from a rear door.
- Carpet flocking had separated from the base plastic floor on the passenger’s side. Tesla was able to stretch it back into place and adhere. Looks like it never happened.

Attachments

• 786A98DF-C4CC-438E-8441-ECF7C176AE3A.jpeg
    786A98DF-C4CC-438E-8441-ECF7C176AE3A.jpeg
    496 KB · Views: 184
  • E99405B3-84F1-484E-A37D-4599245FBF8B.jpeg
    E99405B3-84F1-484E-A37D-4599245FBF8B.jpeg
    437.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 9C9AB7CC-CE0F-4FA9-BA93-0B1DBF3ED18B.jpeg
    9C9AB7CC-CE0F-4FA9-BA93-0B1DBF3ED18B.jpeg
    378.3 KB · Views: 127