Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm
It does not matter how right or wrong this whole thing is....Tesla isn't going to pay anything.

I've seen Tesla bend over backwards in the past to make things right with their customers.

Oh well.. Its a new day.
I'm far from giving up on paying more to pre-order FSd like the rest getting it cheaper now. I call support every day now.

What do you expect customer service to tell you.

You had be careful. Tesla might be keeping track of your complaints....and pushing you to the back of the line for things.

I stay calm on the phone, I call to inquire like "hey I heard I would be expecting a call back from a supervisor in your department on Tuesday, its Thursday, can you confirm I can expect a call soon?" And they can see my account notes, and will say yes, they see I should get a call back.

I usually first have the rep explain to me what features of FSD are here that were not a part of EAP before... its kinda fun to hear them sigh and admit "Nothing" eventually. Again Be nice to them on the phone, Its never my intent to record a rep, or be mean to them.

I was excited when my $2000 AP purchase activated over the weekend. Then I was disappointed that TACC & Autosteer haven't improved since my last EAP trial. The car can't deal with merging traffic (TACC hits the brakes and accelerates foolishly). And Autosteer still rides the outside of curves, getting far too close to cars in the next lane. Overall, the car drives like an a-hole.

Oh well, at least the poor AP performance will keep me from wasting $3k on FSD.

Possibly....or they could increase option pricing again, as they did in late summer, early fall last year(?) Volume with enhanced features = Potential revenues. Let’s face it, it’s a “software upgrade”. At this point, that’s a huge money maker!

How about this. Tesla will not drop the price again for FSD and create another public relations nightmare like they just did. You’re not buying a laptop, this software has the artificial intelligence to “drive your car”, arguably with some bugs, but will get better.

I was excited when my $2000 AP purchase activated over the weekend. Then I was disappointed that TACC & Autosteer haven't improved since my last EAP trial. The car can't deal with merging traffic (TACC hits the brakes and accelerates foolishly). And Autosteer still rides the outside of curves, getting far too close to cars in the next lane. Overall, the car drives like an a-hole.

Oh well, at least the poor AP performance will keep me from wasting $3k on FSD.
Yeah, I only use AP on lane 2. That way only cars and a solid lanes on both sides of me.

I was pissed at the price drops but just lol at not refunding FSD pre purchasers. There's no excuse for that.

If they ca
If only this price increase on the 18th would get the stock back up from what the price decrease scenario's did to it.

Geeesshhhh….

If only Tesla had thought things though like most professional companies. Pricing volatility does not make for confidence in consumer purchases. I expect the Y price to be padded and changed after they do another "trial demand" test. Tesla tests software with buyers as well as pricing, many mainstream car buyers don't like that type of pricing certainty on high-value purchases.

I purchased it Wednesday morning. Still don't have it. I got excited because I had a software update last night but turned out not to be autopilot. They did say "within 3 days" though, so I guess I should wait until tomorrow morning...

The update came through later that night. All is good. Used Autopilot on my commute this morning. The nags seemed less frequent than when I had the free trial. Not a scientific observation of course.

Yeah, good thing i ordered both last week!

Just waiting to use any any FSD that that does not require supervision. In fact I would guss that you w
The update came through later that night. All is good. Used Autopilot on my commute this morning. The nags seemed less frequent than when I had the free trial. Not a scientific observation of course.

They never get less frequent.