Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reduced price Autopilot & FSD for existing owners announced March 1st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't intend to blame you for passing on what you're hearing, and I understand why previous EAP (and especially EAP+FSD) buyers are annoyed. I just meant to convey that Tesla has now advertised a $2k AP price in writing and would likely have some legal issues if they try to renege.

They should offer the $2K/$3K deal for just one day in order to avoid that, if it really is an issue. I'd personally give up the deal happily to make it more fair for all.

I'm one of those people, and it won't piss me off at all. Tesla made the wrong choice by offering it so inexpensively to those of us who purchased none of it initially. They should correct it. It isn't about my personal benefit. It's about making the best choice they can for the most customers and for Tesla.

I like Tesla. But, I like me and my wallet more. No charity for a for-profit company from me.

Plus the car should come with TACC for free. Since it doesn’t, I want it at a reasonable price. $4k is not reasonable to me, but $2k is.

I think we should do a buddy system. If someone who paid for EAP/FSD originally for 8k, they should find someone who didn't get either but wants to purchase AP/FSD for 5k so they can get a $3k referral from Tesla to make it right.

I know it sounds stupid but never actually delivering something but still charging for it, I feel is unfair. FSD in 2018 is not the same FSD today, so they basically never delivered. If you never get a delivery of a product you should be able to get a refund.

Reactions: S75D
I like Tesla. But, I like me and my wallet more. No charity for a for-profit company from me.

Plus the car should come with TACC for free. Since it doesn’t, I want it at a reasonable price. $4k is not reasonable to me, but $2k is.

I didn't say Tesla should do what was best for Tesla. I said they should do what was best for Tesla *and* their customers. I would gladly give up this deal to help Tesla's customer base. Would you?

Reactions: S75D
IMO, What they are really saying is: Unless you already paid for EAP+FSD we want $2000 to $5000 now for any AutoPilot function or upgrade. They need the cash NOW. FSD is going to require hardware, and its going to cost money for that. I suspect that this upgrade discount will have a expiration date sometime soon.

I didn't say Tesla should do what was best for Tesla. I said they should do what was best for Tesla *and* their customers. I would gladly give up this deal to help Tesla's customer base. Would you?

Nope. We’re all adults and made our own decisions. I could have blown some extra money on EAP when I bought my car in mid 2018. But, I only wanted TACC and figured I’d wait until Tesla was desperate for cash and offered it a decent price. That day has arrived and I will be taking advantage.

As for FSD, I agree that Tesla lied when they said it would be cheaper to buy in advance. They’re still telling the same lie to anyone who buys today (hint: don’t fall for it). If FSD ever has something useful included, I’ll wait until Tesla is desperate for cash again and buy it then.

Reactions: Perry and dhrivnak
Thanks for making that great chart!

Video of my experience in talking to tesla about this issue:

I know I will echo what has been said, but Tesla really needs to reevaluate the way they priced all this, and is offering virtually no benefit to those who trusted them the most.

The price of the car dropping is great for more adoption, and the 35K car an amazing deal! I'm also happy that more people will be able to experience FSD when its out for less cost now that already purchased the model 3 without adding AP/FSD. I elected to buy EAP at purchase for $5k, and then added FSD later for $5k more. $10k in total for what can be as low as 5K total for others.

Those of us who pre-ordered FSD and have yet to receive any full self driving benefit have now paid significantly more overall than those now able to add it for $3k. The most loyal customers who believed in full self driving/auto pilot are the biggest advocates for the car and its features, but now have been put into this situation.

For lack of a better example, its like Bioware allowing pre-orders of Anthem for $100 for awhile, telling gamers that's the best deal, then dropping the pre-order price (still before release) to $40, but not refunding the first pre-orders. Any company treating its most enthusiastic customers this way needs to re evaluate its approach.