Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Awards

Have you received your referral reward (Jacket/Bag/Wheels)?

• Yes

Votes: 12 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • Other (in comments)

Votes: 4 5.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I did get the credits. And I know the Powerwall is ready for me (building a house, they're providing some input). I'm sure the other rewards will show up for everyone.

I'll report back re jacket & bag (no wheels for me).

Oh I think we'll get them eventually, it's just that I think the wait de-incentivises people, including myself. Classic Tesla-time, right?

I just sent the following email to two different referral program emails. NOT happy!

I own a 2012 model S (P1850) and have probably sold around forty model S cars for Tesla to date. I was given a $1000 credit for one referral and was continuously assured by my local Tesla service center that there was no expiration date for the $1000 credit. As recently as this January I again asked about this at my final four year annual service and was again assured that I would be able to use the balance of the credit (probably around $900) for my next annual service next year. Today I stopped into my service center and asked about using some of my credit to buy a Tesla wall charger for a new house we're building. The service rep and the the service manager told me that Tesla decided to expire all the outstanding credits as of the end of December and did not notify anyone, including the Tesla reps ahead of time. They said they're getting lots of complaints about this.
Can this be true? Is this the way Tesla wants to treat their earliest and most loyal customers? Please tell me this is a mistake!

• Informative
Reactions: MarkS22
I just sent the following email to two different referral program emails. NOT happy!

I own a 2012 model S (P1850) and have probably sold around forty model S cars for Tesla to date. I was given a $1000 credit for one referral and was continuously assured by my local Tesla service center that there was no expiration date for the $1000 credit. As recently as this January I again asked about this at my final four year annual service and was again assured that I would be able to use the balance of the credit (probably around $900) for my next annual service next year. Today I stopped into my service center and asked about using some of my credit to buy a Tesla wall charger for a new house we're building. The service rep and the the service manager told me that Tesla decided to expire all the outstanding credits as of the end of December and did not notify anyone, including the Tesla reps ahead of time. They said they're getting lots of complaints about this.
Can this be true? Is this the way Tesla wants to treat their earliest and most loyal customers? Please tell me this is a mistake!

Completely agree. I, too, lost a credit because the expiration was not communicated clearly. It was only added to the MyTesla page well after I verified my credit. I've seen many others online as well. If they're "getting lots of complaints" then this is Tesla's mistake and they should make good on their improper communication.

Just got the brown bag delivered. I think I ordered brown from 2 referral programs ago, and black from the last one. Looks really nice. View attachment 204914
I just received this exact bag today (without warning, presumably from the July/October referral) and it has what appears to be water damage and/or mold in the leather on every side. Tried to clean it, but it didn't work. Still no jacket, although I provided my sizing months ago. :(

Last edited:
Received another leather bag yesterday from the July 16, 2016 - October 15, 2016 program ... PM me if interested

Tesla Motors Leather Moab Weekender Bag Model S Model X Model 3 Roadster | eBay
That's not the Moab bag. The Moab bag is a different leather, different design.

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 10.10.01 PM.png