Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Link for New Roadster?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This will be my first Tesla, and I've already paid the $50k depost, but I'm curious if Tesla is going to allow us to use a referral code from someone still (for the free supercharging), or is that not going to happen for the Roadsters?

This will be my first Tesla, and I've already paid the $50k depost, but I'm curious if Tesla is going to allow us to use a referral code from someone still (for the free supercharging), or is that not going to happen for the Roadsters?
Tesla hasn’t said anything about the new Roadster and referral codes. Personally, I think that free for life Supercharging is going to be included with a $200K Tesla. No referral code needed. ;)

The car is three+ years away, and you're worried about referral codes and free supercharging for a $250k car?
I'm unsure how you surmised I'm worried about it. Did you sense my tension or anxiety from my sentence? If we can use a referral code and give someone else a referral credit and possibly get unlimited supercharging as well, then why wouldn't we want to do so?

I'm unsure how you surmised I'm worried about it. Did you sense my tension or anxiety from my sentence? If we can use a referral code and give someone else a referral credit and possibly get unlimited supercharging as well, then why wouldn't we want to do so?

Because it's at least three years before you even have to consider it, if that's even an option.

Being that the referral program changes quite a bit from quarter to quarter now, there's no saying what it will look like in three years, or if it's even still a thing.

Why bother yourself and everyone else on the forum by posting such an irrelevant question that nobody could possibly answer, not even Tesla?

Reactions: Amit519
I for one hope to gather enough referrals to open up the possibility of buying one early. (send a pm if you need one)

I'm pretty sure all things that are extra on the other models will be standard on the roadster.

Maybe we should consider the fact that the Roadster might not be able to supercharge at all, but can charge at the megacharger. (allthough supercharging would seem obvious too). Supercharging 200kWh leaves you blocking the stall for quite some time.

All of the above.
  • Referral codes may only be applied when purchasing. All anyone has now is a reservation.
  • Reservation holders don't receive referral codes to give out.
  • There may be no referral program in 2020.
  • Roadsters may or may not include free Supercharging. It's more likely that the Founders will (historically, Founder editions are fully loaded), but unknown. It's completely likely that Tesla doesn't know at this point in time and will share info like that at the point it's time to configure.
  • New Roadsters (unlike the original) will undoubtedly be able to Supercharge.

• Informative
Reactions: Amit519
All of the above.
  • Referral codes may only be applied when purchasing. All anyone has now is a reservation.
  • Reservation holders don't receive referral codes to give out.
  • There may be no referral program in 2020.
  • Roadsters may or may not include free Supercharging. It's more likely that the Founders will (historically, Founder editions are fully loaded), but unknown. It's completely likely that Tesla doesn't know at this point in time and will share info like that at the point it's time to configure.
  • New Roadsters (unlike the original) will undoubtedly be able to Supercharge.
Bonnie, thank you for the response and clarifications.

I'm new to the Tesla family, so I was trying to figure out how it all worked. The roadster will be the first Tesla I've ordered, but I plan to pick up a model X late next year - I want to give it another year to see what improvements they may make by then.

Reactions: bonnie