Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, I wish.

Those rims on that Model S sure do look like the visual I received when viewing my reward in the app.
I email them about once every 2 months since July and still no updates when they will be available.

2019-10-05_10-41-31.png

Huh? If you read the email, does it mention the wheels, or is it really that vague?

Text says

We have great news — your long awaited referral prize is ready to launch. We appreciate your continued patience, support and advocacy while we have sorted out shipping.
To get your prize in-hand as quickly as possible, we need to confirm that the address on your Tesla Account is still current. Please log in and confirm.
We can’t ship to P.O. boxes, sorry.

Sent an email with no expectation of receiving a response any time soon, but just got this response:

Thanks for following up, Alex. Unfortunately, we have no new information on the Forged Performance Wheels for Model 3 at this time. We are indeed past our previous estimate and we are terribly sorry for this long wait. The current expectation is to have a solidified fulfillment timeline this year.​

So, there we go.

Sent an email with no expectation of receiving a response any time soon, but just got this response:

Thanks for following up, Alex. Unfortunately, we have no new information on the Forged Performance Wheels for Model 3 at this time. We are indeed past our previous estimate and we are terribly sorry for this long wait. The current expectation is to have a solidified fulfillment timeline this year.​

So, there we go.

I wonder if we'll get them before the end of next year, 2020.

The current expectation is to have a solidified fulfillment timeline this year

Oh WOW, so not actual production this year...just a fulfillment timeline? Sad :(

Just noticed this language on the referral page, is this new (customers must self-schedule service appointments)? It also ominously does not say "forged" any more...

Referral Program

3 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.

• Performance Wheels for Model 3, 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X
    Customers must self-schedule service appointments in order to arrange wheel and tire package installation. Performance wheels for Model 3 Wheels will be available for installation starting Summer 2019.

Just noticed this language on the referral page, is this new (customers must self-schedule service appointments)? It also ominously does not say "forged" any more...

Referral Program

3 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for their third referral.

• Performance Wheels for Model 3, 21” Arachnid Wheels for Model S or 22” Turbine Wheels for Model X
    Customers must self-schedule service appointments in order to arrange wheel and tire package installation. Performance wheels for Model 3 Wheels will be available for installation starting Summer 2019.
Wtf, this is not cool.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
Wtf, this is not cool.

Yep. So I made a servic appointment and said I want the referral wheels and then this AM service reached out saying they need a note added to my account for this.

I called Tesla and they have no clue about this process and said it appears that I followed the directions as laid out on the website, but suggested emailing the referral program directly for more info.

Will let you guys know what I hear from them regarding timeline and the missing "forged" word in the description.