Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
All I wanted for Christmas was my "Forged" 20" wheel and tires. I already had to buy two tires because some a-hole put a double headed nail in the sidewall of my tire.

But based upon recent speculations, I would bet Tesla is going to come out with a P3D larger battery pack with "track pack" option. So If this is a far fetched rumor/dream - I doubt Tesla would release these wheels until that is IN production. So maybe July 2020. They where just off by a year.

Reactions: Jedi2155
Anyone think these might be the forged wheels?

ijvdxi9a2u641.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: solodogg and JBT66
Has anyone heard anything from Tesla regarding this referral reward?

I know Tesla time is on a different planet but it’s been over a year. At my last visit I asked my service advisor if he heard anything and he just shrugged. He didn’t even know that reward existed.

I know Tesla time is on a different planet but it’s been over a year..

Folks have been posting updated communication from Tesla throughout the thread- last one as recently as just over 3 weeks ago.

That communication largely remains "We don't have a real date yet, sorry" though.

• Informative
Reactions: mtndrew1
I do not like those. I'm looking for lightweight (because forged) and thin spokes (because forged).

There is virtually zero chance that whatever they come up with will be liked by everyone who has earned this reward. I am somewhat ambivalent to the specific design in post #229, but will take the wheels when they are available, whatever they look like... mostly because they will be "different" from many that are out there, and should be free to me.

I know Tesla time is on a different planet but it’s been over a year. At my last visit I asked my service advisor if he heard anything and he just shrugged. He didn’t even know that reward existed.

The only thing we've heard is what you've seen in the posts here - they will be produced and fulfilled at some point this year.

• Informative
Reactions: mtndrew1
There is virtually zero chance that whatever they come up with will be liked by everyone who has earned this reward. I am somewhat ambivalent to the specific design in post #229, but will take the wheels when they are available, whatever they look like... mostly because they will be "different" from many that are out there, and should be free to me.

Fair point. I will say, however, that those Model Y wheels referenced above are likely not forged due to the design. Probably pretty heavy too. Nothing about it screams performance.

Reactions: Dolemite

I reached out yesterday, and got this response:

Referral wheel inquiry.jpg

Basically what they've been saying for the past year - be patient because we expect to eventually make them soon.

Reactions: kbecks13
"the long wait is understandably frustrating"

TBH it's not even the wait itself for me, it's that i simply have no idea when to expect them and/or what specs they would have. Just getting some of that communication would be super helpful for planning wheel sets, but alas

Reactions: remlemasi