Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was communicating with the referral department about these wheels (I managed to earn them as a referral award). the email from the referral department person said "in the fall" to me, but who knows how accurate that is? /shrug lol.

I actually dont mind since if they come with tires (which I am expecting but dont know), then I will get brand new tires and wheels and get some use out of the stock ones. Just have to make room in the garage to store the stock ones.

Im somewhat excited about the idea of having "different" but OEM wheels.

Hi everyone, Buzz Killington here. I actually ORDERED the Model X referral wheels back when that program was running. It has been 9 months.
So, maybe “available” in the fall, but actually delivered to you never. They can’t even fill a year long backorder of Model X wheels that already exist on the production line.

Hi everyone, Buzz Killington here. I actually ORDERED the Model X referral wheels back when that program was running. It has been 9 months.
So, maybe “available” in the fall, but actually delivered to you never. They can’t even fill a year long backorder of Model X wheels that already exist on the production line.

It was an "order" for the model 3 wheels too, from the loot box app. You could try emailing the referral email box since those are supposed to be available.

I won’t be worried about the Forged Performance wheels until I actually see people getting them. They may not be on time but they’ll get them.

As for the wall connector reward, I redeemed it in the Loot Box on Feb 19 and haven’t received it yet. Did anyone here redeem their wall connector in Feb and have you received it?

Bumping this because it's almost June... Anybody have any new information?

I have a responsive contact at the referral email that always gets back to me same day, I piggy back off an old thread so it seems it routes my emails to the same persons queue each time. I followed up last week on the status of the wheels and received the following:

"We are still on track for summer shipment on the forged Performance Model 3 wheels. I appreciate your patience as we have been manufcaturing the wheels."

I have a responsive contact at the referral email that always gets back to me same day, I piggy back off an old thread so it seems it routes my emails to the same persons queue each time. I followed up last week on the status of the wheels and received the following:

"We are still on track for summer shipment on the forged Performance Model 3 wheels. I appreciate your patience as we have been manufcaturing the wheels."
That's what I typically do. This was the response I got this morning:
"After reviewing your referral rewards, we can verify that you are eligible for the wheel reward through the Referral Program. We are sorry to hear you have not yet received this award. To ensure you receive this reward as soon as possible, I would advise you to self-schedule an appointment at your nearest Service Center. Your Service Center will work with you directly on advising any timeline for when the set of wheels should arrive and will assist in manually placing an order if necessary."
o_O

• Funny
Reactions: Muskol
That's what I typically do. This was the response I got this morning:
"After reviewing your referral rewards, we can verify that you are eligible for the wheel reward through the Referral Program. We are sorry to hear you have not yet received this award. To ensure you receive this reward as soon as possible, I would advise you to self-schedule an appointment at your nearest Service Center. Your Service Center will work with you directly on advising any timeline for when the set of wheels should arrive and will assist in manually placing an order if necessary."
o_O

Have been doing this for the X wheels since January....

I won’t be worried about the Forged Performance wheels until I actually see people getting them. They may not be on time but they’ll get them.

As for the wall connector reward, I redeemed it in the Loot Box on Feb 19 and haven’t received it yet. Did anyone here redeem their wall connector in Feb and have you received it?

I ordered mine in February and it was delivered about 3 weeks later. No email or anything, just showed up one day on my porch.

I emailed the referral program (a thread that was already started, so i got a quick response, same day) on Wednesday. They said they were out of stock of HPWC, and would be back in stock in July. the next day (yesterday) it showed up at my door. last i heard in regards to the wheels was late summer.

Oh wow, I wonder if I could apply my current referral award (I got the wheels option but I have a Model 3) for a Model 3 wheel.....
I tried it and emailed the referral team. They said you can't exchange to another reward or apply rewards toward anything other than the offer, if that makes sense. I wanted to trade my 5k supercharger miles toward FSD.. she was like NOPE.

I emailed referral team and this is what I got back...

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 11.14.52 AM.png