Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish they were 18-19”. Id buy some off someone in a decade when they become available. Oh well.

**edit: who am I kidding. I like them...if the weight is good I will consider buying them off someone if prices are reasonable (well, when they become reasonable).

If they're not Cup 2 tires I might consider it, but they're not even that nice looking to be a daily. Maybe my rainy day road trip option.:D

Hmm forgot about the Cup 2 aspect, might just run Cup 2's on the street for a little and then switch to something more reasonable :)

I sold my OEM set when i bought my current wheels and have been waiting specifically for the referral wheels before getting a 2nd set...i suppose we could probably sell these for a pretty penny to the general Model 3 community that cannot get them otherwise and then do something else.

Seeing that the regular performance wheels for Model 3 go for $4000 and arachnids on the Model S (21") go for $6000, how much do we all expect these to eventually sell for in the Tesla store?

Hmm forgot about the Cup 2 aspect, might just run Cup 2's on the street for a little and then switch to something more reasonable :)

I sold my OEM set when i bought my current wheels and have been waiting specifically for the referral wheels before getting a 2nd set...i suppose we could probably sell these for a pretty penny to the general Model 3 community that cannot get them otherwise and then do something else.

Seeing that the regular performance wheels for Model 3 go for $4000 and arachnids on the Model S (21") go for $6000, how much do we all expect these to eventually sell for in the Tesla store?

Since when do Arachnids go for 6k?

I wouldn't be surprised if its going to be $5k+ because true forged wheels are much more expensive than the flow formed forge that we get right now in the Model 3.

Its because Tesla cheaped out on the low profile factory rims that we hear all these issues with bent rims in pot holes etc. True forged wheels usually start at $4000+ for the rims alone.

The Strength Difference Between Cast, Flow Formed and Forged Wheels

On a side note, I've put on my 18" flow formed rims + MXM4's until I get the referral wheels....will be adding stock tesla lug nut covers soon enough.

20200129_235743.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TEG

They are coming with PS4S standard

I'm eligible for these and like many have emailed Tesla support a few times. Has anyone heard back from them recently?

I hope they are available for pickup in the coming weeks. I'm in the bay area and imagine we will get them first.

Mine are for sale if anyone is interested. If they are lightweight and come with Cup 2, I'll be listing for $5k on Craigslist.

I'm eligible for these and like many have emailed Tesla support a few times. Has anyone heard back from them recently?

They told me that didn't have any information last Friday (6 days ago). I hate to say it, but i'd be surprised if we even get these in the next 2-3 months knowing their pace on giving out free stuff.

They really don't seem to have their act together, the referral website says to contact them for scheduling delivery and has said that for over 6 months - but it's not true. I set up an appointment and tried to get these wheels back in November, but they had no idea what i was talking about until i showed them the website.

Click on Previous Programs to see where it says to self-schedule for pick-up, maybe we should all start doing that?

Referral Program

They told me that didn't have any information last Friday (6 days ago). I hate to say it, but i'd be surprised if we even get these in the next 2-3 months knowing their pace on giving out free stuff.

They really don't seem to have their act together, the referral website says to contact them for scheduling delivery and has said that for over 6 months - but it's not true. I set up an appointment and tried to get these wheels back in November, but they had no idea what i was talking about until i showed them the website.

Click on Previous Programs to see where it says to self-schedule for pick-up, maybe we should all start doing that?

Referral Program

They gave me the same answer This tuesday as you posted (01/28). I actually asked them could I get credit toward a powerwall instead of continuing to wait for these, and they said " sorry no" (nicer than that but...).

I suspect I might see these around May / Jun

Just yesterday:
"The Forged Performance Wheels for Model 3 are not yet available but are expected to move through production during the coming months. We expect they will be available for widespread installations early this year."