Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been in contact with Tesla SF after my wheels and associated parts were ordered three weeks ago now with no progress. Finally heard back and was told, "I got in touch with our vehicle accessories team and they informed me that there is a national backorder on this package. This explains why you (and me) have not gotten any further updates. At this time I do not even have a tentative date to give you when we expect to have it."

So...not great news, but then again these are free so I can't really complain. Hopefully with the world starting to spin back up again it won't be *too* much longer.

@ryanjm,

Did you get these yet? Still waiting to see photos of these on a Performance MCR!!!:)

Ski

@ryanjm,

Did you get these yet? Still waiting to see photos of these on a Performance MCR!!!:)

Ski

I have checked in with my assigned rep at Tesla SF every other week and still nothing, sadly. It’s now been over two months since they ordered my wheels. I know it’s tough to complain when these are free, but it is a bit frustrating when it’s taking THIS long.

I have checked in with my assigned rep at Tesla SF every other week and still nothing, sadly. It’s now been over two months since they ordered my wheels. I know it’s tough to complain when these are free, but it is a bit frustrating when it’s taking THIS long.

Wow thats insane, I actually damaged a rim so had to buy a replacement (noted this in another thread), and it took about 2.5 weeks for the single replacement rim my local service center ordered to come in for me. With that being said, it took 2.5 weeks, not 2.5 months....

now the new wheels show up in the car’s menu picture!!

1848C945-0BE9-4420-AAF1-FE7A8BB75232.jpeg
B09BEFD2-814E-4EB0-AA1A-24BE9BCD147C.jpeg

Sweet! Is this a new option in the wheel configuration menu (possibly with newest sw update)?

Thanks for this heads up, which likely got lost in the thread.

For those of you with referral wheels, you can now choose them as a wheel type in wheel configuration on the car. Not sure what effect if any it has on range etc, but now the car visualization will show your referral Zero G wheels.

I am on 2020.24.6.4, and not sure what version of firmware made this available. I didnt even think to look until I saw the quoted post above. I previously had changed my wheel type to the stock 20 inch gunpowder wheels so the wheels at least looked dark on the car in the visualization (from the stock wheels that were on my 2018 Model 3P before.

Anyway, its pretty cool to have them in the visualization now.

Update: I was a bit impatient and purchased a pair for a good price. Here is what they look like on my silver model 3; very satisfied with the look.
There's model 3s everywhere where I'm at and I feel like I got the most unique one in town now with combination of the rare paint and the rare wheels.

Also this is just my opinion but, coming from the 18 inch oem wheels/tires I cannot discern any loss in ride quality or comfort. Everyone says that the downside to 20 inch wheels and lower profile tires is the ride quality gets worse or more stiff but I don't feel it. If anything it feels smoother to me so IDK. Handling is definitely a big upgrade.

That being said. I also have a second pair, that I am maybe looking to sell, that I finally picked up from the service center. They are mounted and balanced. If interested lmk. I'm honestly low-key wanting to keep the second pair in case anyone of them get rashed, which is bound to happen at some point. I also have the original 18 inch aero wheels + tires that I'd let go for cheap in case anyone is in need of those to tide them over or something. Oh, these zero G wheels are the ET40 btw.

Attachments

• 20200710_235117.jpg
    20200710_235117.jpg
    617.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 20200701_182041.jpg
    20200701_182041.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 20200708_131305.jpg
    20200708_131305.jpg
    557.4 KB · Views: 132
I got mine in Princeton, NJ yesterday. I scheduled the soonest appointment in the app (about 2 weeks out), and the parts were ordered and arrived in time for the appointment with no issues. I was planning on selling them, but I'm loving the look so much that I think I need to hold onto them now.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Update: I was a bit impatient and purchased a pair for a good price. Here is what they look like on my silver model 3; very satisfied with the look.
There's model 3s everywhere where I'm at and I feel like I got the most unique one in town now with combination of the rare paint and the rare wheels.

Also this is just my opinion but, coming from the 18 inch oem wheels/tires I cannot discern any loss in ride quality or comfort. Everyone says that the downside to 20 inch wheels and lower profile tires is the ride quality gets worse or more stiff but I don't feel it. If anything it feels smoother to me so IDK. Handling is definitely a big upgrade.

That being said. I also have a second pair, that I am maybe looking to sell, that I finally picked up from the service center. They are mounted and balanced. If interested lmk. I'm honestly low-key wanting to keep the second pair in case anyone of them get rashed, which is bound to happen at some point. I also have the original 18 inch aero wheels + tires that I'd let go for cheap in case anyone is in need of those to tide them over or something. Oh, these zero G wheels are the ET40 btw.

Nice combination. Is your car lowered? Looks awesome. I also got a silver model3. How much are you selling for the referral wheels?

Nice combination. Is your car lowered? Looks awesome. I also got a silver model3. How much are you selling for the referral wheels?

Thanks. The car is actually stock so it's not lowered. I think the larger 20inch wheels do make it appear like it's a little lower cause the wheel well gap became smaller. That's assuming you currently have the 18 inch wheels that is.

Also it seems like the the going price everyones selling for is 3kish so that would be my asking price.

Well that settles the debate: there’s no way the bolt would have punched a cracked hole through like weigh without any bending deformation like that if they were actually manufactured using a standard forging process. Gah, it looks just like the countless cast iron engine blocks I’ve seen with rods thrown clean through them.

Gawd I’m so torn whether to keep the set I picked up yesterday from Burlingame center or not… because they’re so sexy looking !

What’s a set of 34mm offset Zero-Gs worth to people these days ?

13163013-E12A-411D-B74E-71ECD750CBCA.jpeg

Thanks,

-=dave

Yes, I have had very bad luck with rims on this car. I drove over a bolt that punched a hole in it.

View attachment 562612

Last edited: